Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats with the "from the vault" crap on Smackdown?

I think its sad they can't come up with some decent programming to fill the whole show.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At least play classic matches though. I mean the match this week sucked. Who cares about crime time?

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
I was wondering about that myself, but didn't say anything about it here because I only see them on the early releases that leak online, which I guess are what other countries see? Cuz when I catch a live stream of SD I never see that segment. Maybe I'm wrong, but yeah, it's a major time waster. I always skip it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I usually skip it but I decided to watch this time.. and it was really good. At least I got to see JTG's finisher.

·
Proud Pastafarian =)
4,051 Posts
I don't mind it. I end up seeing some pretty good matches that i missed during the time i stopped watching wrestling

But it seem to be only on the international version of the show. It's never on Syfy

·
Registered
411 Posts
Yeah what's the deal with that? I remember the first of these I saw, thought it would be some cool highlight or something, and after like 10 minutes I thought "WTF?".

Nice to see Jericho in action when he's not signed, but what's the deal with THAT? Why would they use so much of their precious time to show a wrestler who they don't even feature? Maybe building up for a return in a few months? Still seems odd to me.

·
I know, it's been a while.
3,272 Posts
If there going to do this, it should be some sort of amazing match from a PPV in the last 10 years.
Like a Hardy Boyz VS Edge and Christian match, something interesting!

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
I'm surprised by Chris Jericho being in the From the Vault match for two weeks in a row. What can that mean? Maybe I'm looking too deeply into it but it seems like Jericho is still sorta "in" the WWE despite being gone for the moment.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I'm surprised by Chris Jericho being in the From the Vault match for two weeks in a row. What can that mean? Maybe I'm looking too deeply into it but it seems like Jericho is still sorta "in" the WWE despite being gone for the moment.
He's Loyal to WWE So they know he will be back. Plus he has great matches.

·
KILL BECKY KILL
3,192 Posts
Guys, they've been on Smackdown for about five years now, its purely for European channels since there's less advertising over here and they need to fill the time.

The matches are random btw.

·
The People's MVP
1,653 Posts
What annoys me about it is that this week Wade Barrett walked out to his theme music then it went to a break or something and came back to JTG vs Jericho...

At least do it after a match not in the middle of it.

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
Yes, from the vault is for the international broadcasts. It's not on Syfy. My guess is that there are less commercials internationally than domestically so they have to air more content to fill up the time.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
They air the "From the Vault" match on Smackdown because there are less ad-breaks on (for example) English tv than there are in the USA and because the WWE don't care about international audiences they just fill the empty time with a match from an old episode of Smackdown. I think the whole idea sucks but then again it's just something else that I can fast-forward through and not bother watching.

·
Banned
3,483 Posts
I like it as you can see some classic matches although i just wish they used that time to merge with an actual match on that edition of smackdown, so we would get a 15-20 minute match with someone like Rhodes, Bryan, Kidd or Gabriel

·
Banned
8,766 Posts
If they're going to air a CLASSIC Match, the WWE should do either two things :

1.) Air matches like Randy Savage vs. Ricky Steamboat

Or

2.) Air WCW Cruiserweight matches like Dean Malenko/Rey Misterio jr. or Dean Malenko/Ultimo Dragon

1 - 20 of 22 Posts