Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Banned
7,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I must have missed the part where Aries sprayed him in the face.

·
Premium Member
44,385 Posts
Was Samoa Joe the guy Daniels & Kaz were yelling at off screen?

I also noticed him standing there around Austin Aries during Aries' entrance. It was really weird.

So yeah, they are probably going to do a company rebel deal with Joe. Because, you know, its not like Punk did that last year and it would be a rip off or anything.

·
Registered
12,625 Posts
Sounds more like Ambrose tweeting about Foley getting him kicked out from backstage a month or so ago.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
That was pretty weird, wonder if it was legit or not.

Also just noticed that Samoa Joe is facing Austin Aires at Slammiversary. Where the hell did that come from? I noticed the segment with Joe and Aires backstage but now without any announcement at all, they suddenly have a match? The build for this PPV is bad.

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
Joe/Aries should be pretty good if it gets time.

·
Banned
307 Posts
Was Samoa Joe the guy Daniels & Kaz were yelling at off screen?

I also noticed him standing there around Austin Aries during Aries' entrance. It was really weird.

So yeah, they are probably going to do a company rebel deal with Joe. Because, you know, its not like Punk did that last year and it would be a rip off or anything.
How can it be ripping off Punk when it didn't originate with Punk? It's a storyline that's been used repeatedly, and it's been used repeatedly for a reason: Fans usually find it compelling.

We'll see if that's the case in this situation.

·
Banned
307 Posts
Eh, not really. The whole, "It's not about weight limits, it's about no limits!" tagline was primarily just that -- a catchy tagline. While there have been four heavyweights to hold the belt (Sonny Siaki, Samoa Joe, Kurt Angle, and Abyss), a whopping 21 of the 25 of the men who have held the title -- 84% -- have been cruiserweights.

Outside of a few, rare occasions, the X-Division Championship has been nothing more than a glorified cruiserweight belt. With the advent of the Television Championship acting as a midcard title, it freed up the X-Division to become cruiserweight-exclusive.

Given that the alternate options were to either: (a) Allow decidedly non-X-Division-style wrestlers to compete for the title on a regular basis (think Devon), thus, sullying the style the title has come to represent, or, (b) segregate a large portion of your midcard from the company's #2 belt, I'd say TNA made the right decision.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
But the main point was not about it being just Crusierweight, even if most of them did hold the title. It was about your certain style of wrestling and action that was what made the X Diivision great. Too bad TNA just drifted away from that and just let it be a crusierweight spotfest division though.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts