Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any GIMMICKS that you have seen past or present that you thought would be a blast in WWE???

If you can attach links and pics

· Banned
1,198 Posts
Justin Gabriel's Gimmick ("The Posterboy" PJ Black) from South Africa was made of win. Combine his ring work (with more high spots) with this entrance:

and a catchphrase that sounds cool ("Everything. Fades. To. Black.") and turns out the lights out (while making sence at the same time) and you've got one awesome gimmick that could work in WWE.

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I remember reading about a tag team that went by Dead Presidents....

Could lead to a bit of mystic and well there needs to be more face paint in WWE

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Justin Gabriel's Gimmick ("The Posterboy" PJ Black) from South Africa was made of win. Combine his ring work (with more high spots) with this entrance:

and a catchphrase that sounds cool ("Everything. Fades. To. Black.") and turns out the lights out (while making sence at the same time) and you've got one awesome gimmick that could work in WWE.
This actually makes me want to watch his matches!!! He is one person at the moment who wont ever be more than one move unless he brings something fresh.

· Banned
2,204 Posts
Colt Cabana. That went well, obviously.

breaking the forth wall and putting on puppet show that not even kids with down syndrome would enjoy isnt the same as the man who would come to the ring cool as a cat and in his own way would dance and walk at the same time to music that suited his bouncy presence and use actual comedy wrestling and would talk backstage in a way one else could ever duplicate.

so that say what you said up there is ruled out

· Registered
1,123 Posts
If you look at the former gimmicks that many wrestlers had before to be in WWE, you would understand that most of the current and past huge WWE stars created their gimmicks and personna before to be in WWE (CM Punk, Undertaker as a not dead badass, Benoit, Hogan, Macho Man, JBL, Sine Cara, Mysterio Jr. , Flair , Austin, Del Rio, etc.). Most of the successful gimmicks we watched in WWE were often asked or created by the wrestlers.

Nowadays WWE tells creatives :

- to find 100% WWE products without involving the wrestlers themselves.
- to copy the old eras gimmicks before to randomly assign them to new wrestlers.
- to prepare the "random" return of a star from the past (with short time gimmick for new guys).

You can count on one hand the new successful 100% WWE products in term of gimmick and personna. Alright John Cena is one of them and he acts retarded to please kids.

WWE is shooting itself in the foot by destroying working gimmicks and forcing wrestlers to take gimmicks which don't fit their own personnalities. A gimmick and a personna have to be as close as possible from the real personnality of the wrestler to be believable.

It just shows how WWE makes it harder for current new talents by changing and cloning them in FCW. WWE should also remember that a gimmick alone is nothing. It has to fit the wrestler like a BDSM spandex catsuit.

· Banned
178 Posts
Delirious-they wanted to buy it off him but he wouldn't sell

The generic luchadore El Generico-

Boom Boom Colt Cabana-

Mr.Wrestling Kevin Steen(2010 psycho version)-

Chris Hero-

Street dog Jon Moxley-

· also known as a BUSTER
13,290 Posts
Moxley and Steen wouldn't go over well in WWE. They're too indyriffic and too edgy.

Claudio Castagnoli's Swiss Banker gimmick would be a good one. Larry Sweeney would do well too, if WWE cared about managers.

· Banned
178 Posts
Moxley and Steen wouldn't go over well in WWE. They're too indyriffic and too edgy.

Claudio Castagnoli's Swiss Banker gimmick would be a good one. Larry Sweeney would do well too, if WWE cared about managers.
Totally agree about Castagnoli,can't believe i forgot about him.But i think Sweeney would probably wind up as a rehash of "That '70s Guy" Mike Awesome.

· Registered
1,123 Posts
Totally agree about Castagnoli,can't believe i forgot about him.But i think Sweeney would probably wind up as a rehash of "That '70s Guy" Mike Awesome.
As a proud Swissman, I totally agree about Claudio too. I hope to invite him to eat again. A gimmick sometimes should use political, economic, social contexts, news and stereotypes. This gimmick can be good to gain a huge heat. It could be like a Chinese businessman buying WWE, watch the chinese professor on youtube.

An arrogant and rich (former) Swiss banker trashing US economic and banking system would be funny. He could also mock the poor (and soon to be beggars) Americans unable to hide money in swiss banks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.