Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Do you think that this would ever be a possibility?

I don't see why Vince wouldn't do it if he could.

I understand all of the arguments that would be against it, and I know that people here would be livid. Or am I wrong?

The arguments against it are that it doesn't build new stars; it's two old, broken down, guys; two part-timers, etc.

However, from a short-term business perspective, it would be HUGE. I have no doubt that it would be the best selling wrestling PPV ever, by a wide margin I believe.

I mean if they're entertaining the idea of freakin' Hogan at this age, why not those two guys against each other? It'd create more mainstream media attention than either of those guys against any of the current roster.

And also, maybe I'm wrong when I say that it wouldn't help the current business over the long-term. It could bring back many of those who haven't watched wrestling in awhile, who now may check out the product.

It has the big name feel that a WM30 event should dictate.

If they also had something like, say, Taker vs. Cena, that would add to the big feel, and would be plenty of a big enough interest for the hardcore wrestling fan.

Give Bryan a high profile match as well (maybe against Michaels? That would be the biggest deal), and you're good to go from both a business perspective, and from a "keeping hardcore fans happy" perspective.

What do you all think? And even though people here would shit all over it, I bet anything you'd also see some nostalgia-dictated super excitement here the moment it'd actually happen.

I just get the feeling that this is something Vince MUST have thought about.

Gonna add a poll in a minute. ETA: Messed up the poll...

·
THE ONE.
5,323 Posts
Re: From a business perspective...how 'bout Stone Cold vs. The Rock at Wrestlemania X

That story has a beginning, middle and end and its one the greatest feuds of all time, its as definitive as can be.

·
Banned
10,758 Posts
Re: From a business perspective...would Vince consider The Rock vs. Stone Cold at WMX

If it draws,Austin marks will praise Austin and Rock marks will praise Rock

If it flops,the fun begins

·
Banned
4,010 Posts
Re: From a business perspective...would Vince consider The Rock vs. Stone Cold at WMX

Consider, yes. Go through with...depends on a variety of factors. I don't think it would be a good idea though. They should use both guys to put over and make 2 new current full timers.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts

Neither of them would have anything to gain by doing it. There isn't any unresolved issues between the two (kayfabe or otherwise). The Rock finally got his clean win over Austin at Mania & the whole thing was drawn to a decent close.

Do I think Vince would consider it though? Of course, they're two of the biggest stars ever. But it would make a hell of a lot more sense for Austin (if he's fit) to face someone he's never faced before like Lesnar, Cena, Punk, Orton or Bryan or even a match with Triple H for control of the company, than it would for him to face the Rock again.

·
Banned
356 Posts

If it draws,Austin marks will praise Austin and Rock marks will praise Rock

If it flops,the fun begins
Can you say Mania 19. :lmao

Consider, yes. Go through with...depends on a variety of factors. I don't think it would be a good idea though. They should use both guys to put over and make 2 new current full timers.
Ideally yes but WWE hasnt used any part timers to elevate any besides Cena who never needed the rub. Seems to me that WWE only cares about using part timers to feed HHH and Cena while using other guys on the roster as bait for the part timers. WWE is totally :woolcock anyone not named HHH and Cena so they should just go ahead and let the 2 biggest names have one more crack at it.

·
Banned
13,572 Posts

Both Austin & Rock just making apperences will draw itself. But Austin vs Rock wont happen again. If Austin comes back for 1 more match it will be against Punk no doubt about it. and Rock well I said this many times Rock is pretty much done wrestling

·
Banned
356 Posts

There isn't any unresolved issues between the two (kayfabe or otherwise). The Rock finally got his clean win over Austin at Mania & the whole thing was drawn to a decent close.
Ive read Austin hasnt returned in years because he doesnt want to be seen as second banana to Rock.

Both Austin & Rock just making apperences will draw itself. But Austin vs Rock wont happen again. If Austin comes back for 1 more match it will be against Punk no doubt about it. and Rock well I said this many times Rock is pretty much done wrestling
What do you make of all the rumors that Austin will face HHH if he does come back?

·
Banned
4,010 Posts

I wouldn't bet on that. Rumor was they wanted Austin to be Vince's champ and face HHH for control of the company. The time for a SCSA/Punk match has passed.

Ive read Austin hasnt returned in years because he doesnt want to be seen as second banana to Rock.
And cause he doesn't want to embarrass himself looking like shit in the ring.

·
Registered
12,869 Posts

Good lordy, I hope not.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts

They haven't wrestled each other in over 10 years, it was one of the greatest feuds of all time and should be left alone. I don't think Austin will ever have a match again and it looks like the same could be true for The Rock. It's time for the company to focus on the future, the only part timers I can see being on the card are Lesnar and Undertaker, Triple H will probably be in a match, they have Punk, Bryan, Cena and Orton to focus on as well. I don't really think they need Austin or Rock at this point, although Rock could still surprise me and face Lesnar but probably not.

·
Banned
13,572 Posts

What do you make of all the rumors that Austin will face HHH if he does come back?
Ehh just a rumor of Austin coming back and facing anyone gets me excited. Austin is my favorite of all time and never got to see him wrestle live. It be a dream come true for me regardless. I do love both HHH & Austin but if Austin comes back for 1 more match it will be against Punk not HHH. So at the end it would be pissed they wasted Austin on HHH but at the same time I would love it

·
Banned
13,572 Posts

I wouldn't bet on that. Rumor was they wanted Austin to be Vince's champ and face HHH for control of the company. The time for a SCSA/Punk match has passed.

No it hasnt at all.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts

No it hasnt at all.
I agree that the time hasn't passed on that just yet.

But Austin (with Vince) vs Triple H (with Steph) seems a lot more likely right now to me. I have a sneaky feeling Punk will end up facing Lesnar in a rematch at Mania, either for the title or just in a grudge match & getting his win back.

·
Banned
13,572 Posts

I agree that the time hasn't passed on that.

But Austin (with Vince) vs Triple H (with Steph) seems a lot more likely right now to me. I have a sneaky feeling Punk will end up facing Lesnar in a rematch at Mania, either for the title or just in a grudge match.
As long as Austin comes back to wrestle IDC who he faces it can be Great Khali and i wouldnt care

But say if HHH vs AUstin does happen and Punk vs Brock does as well. Where does this leave Taker, Cena, Orton, and DB at WM?

·
Registered
1,709 Posts

Vince would consider it.. But that's about it. I don't see it happening.

·
Ted the Moth
12,866 Posts

The idea is ridiculous, and the match would be embarrassing.

·
Banned
356 Posts

True, I know hes been working out like crazy. He looks like like hes in the best shape of his life.

As long as Austin comes back to wrestle IDC who he faces it can be Great Khali and i wouldnt care
I just want to see Austin return and stun the entire roster :gun:

·
Registered
1,459 Posts

But say if HHH vs AUstin does happen and Punk vs Brock does as well. Where does this leave Taker, Cena, Orton, and DB at WM?
Something like:

Undertaker vs Cena

Triple H vs Austin

Punk vs Lesnar

Daniel Bryan vs Sheamus vs Del Rio for the WWE title

Orton vs Cody Rhodes for the WHC

I'm not saying that will happen by the way, that's just an example. If Austin isn't wrestling then Bryan or Cena could easily face Triple H. They could even through a major curve ball out there & try & get Batista to come back as Vince's guy.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts