Wrestling Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
6,745 Posts
I would of told him to walk when they started calling him Shorty G.

• Love
Reactions: Drae_phenom

·
Registered
377 Posts
Chad Gable, Otis; Montez Ford; Angelo Dawkins, these four are criminally underrated, and could be stars individually as well, but they would rather give hasbeens like Finn Balor, The Usos and The Dirty Dogs the shine.
They had a lengthy feud and they didn't even give em a PPV blow off.

Inviato dal mio SM-A125F utilizzando Tapatalk
I agree with you, but the Dirty dawgs don't get shine, they're jobbers. BUt I get what you're saying. Finn Balor should get his Universal title back also.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
I love Chad Gable think he has all the tools to be....a prominent midcarder on an ic/us title level in WWE, solid though nothing special on the mic, has a slight charm and phenomenal in the ring but simply not main event level either and aint nothing wrong with that. The problem for him is WWE have absolutely no concept these days on how to treat a midcard and that has created this idea of "if you're not being used in the main event you're being wasted and underutilised" because of just how poorly WWE treats the midcard when it is a perfectly good role to have under correct circumstances.

·
Registered
9,420 Posts
I think he's fine where he is on the card. His gimmick is pretty easy to get reactions with too. He is just unlucky WWE isn't doing faction wars to get as many people on the card so he has to wait until it is his time as part of the rotation.

·
Registered
14,406 Posts
WWE will let him leave. He's not a needle mover and will never get a upper card push in WWE given his size. Even in AEW I think he's a tag wrestler, albeit in a serious team like he was with American Alpha with Jason Jordan. He'd get an initial singles run to match up against Omega, Danielson and the like, but then settle into tags. The guys most pulling for him to jump seem to be FTR afterall.

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
I was not impressed with Gable last night. They gave him the most they've probably ever given him as far as displaying his character and personality and I found it meh. I really hate the direction they'e taken Otis. He used to be a charismatic, likable babyface. Now he's a silent bodyguard who is mocked by commentary and other wrestlers for looking like a thumb.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts