Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There has always been praise by fans and internally in WWE about Chad Gable’s in-ring work but it has been clear for a long time that management doesn’t see him as being more than just a mid-card guy.

Gable’s matches in NXT when he was part of American Alpha with Jason Jordan are among the best matches in the history of the brand but he hasn’t gotten the same opportunities on the main roster and there are some that feel that he should go elsewhere.

During Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer praised Gable’s work and said that there are people who have suggested for him to go elsewhere when his contract expired but it does not look like he has any plans of leaving.

Meltzer said, “Chad Gable is fantastic. He’s so fantastic and they do so nothing with him. He was one of those guys where I would go ‘God get out of there’ but you know. It’s been talked about but I don’t think it’s gonna happen. It has been talked about and he’s definitely has had friends telling him the same thing and I know it’s been one of those things that’s under consideration but I don’t think he’s going anywhere.”

Meltzer also noted that Gable is making a lot of money and that not everyone is going to get an offer from AEW.
Source: Friends of Chad Gable reportedly urging him to leave WWE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
651 Posts
Chad Gable, Otis; Montez Ford; Angelo Dawkins, these four are criminally underrated, and could be stars individually as well, but they would rather give hasbeens like Finn Balor, The Usos and The Dirty Dogs the shine.
They had a lengthy feud and they didn't even give em a PPV blow off.

Inviato dal mio SM-A125F utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,681 Posts
yes please gable please leave and go to aew where you can prominently be featured on on youtube and youtube and the occasional BTE on youtube.

gable really is nothing without kurt angle black son.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Gable being released wouldn't hurt WWE at all and he'd be treated like great addition to AEW for about a week. Same with Cedric, Lucha House Party, Apollo, etc. No one's making a game changing splash unless it's Roman, Orton, or Seth.

·
Registered
Resident Centrist
7,357 Posts
They're acting like Chad Gable is this main event guy who's being held down by the evil Fed. He's fine in the midcard but that's it. He's another guy that can wrestle but can't act, can't act you don't get to be a main event guy.

·
Southern Pride
Bless Your Heart
6,002 Posts
Chad Gable is great in the ring and deserves all of the praise for his abilities but... what other opportunities would have have outside of WWE that would allow him to get paid just as well? Like I said in the past when this same topic had been made, Chad Gable would quickly get lost in to AEWs bloated roster after the month of Khan having interest in him.

WWE could have been using him better. Not saying that he has to be US or IC Champ but these constant tag team rematches with hardly any interesting story behind it just kills all interest for the guy. Especially when the thing with Otis is going nowhere.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
And do what? He won’t be a big deal in AEW not with Punk, Bryan , Mox, Omega, MJF , Miro etc on the roster . He may get a small push where he wins some of their mid cars titles but that’s the most he will do.

Too small, too dull as a personality and overall besides some wrestling background he has nothing special about him- even his look is generic as fuck unlike say someone like Balor who at least has a “pretty boy” look and so is at least marketable .

In WWE at least he makes good money and can potentially grow witin as a trainer /couch when he retires due to his pure wrestling skills while in AEW he will def not go any further anyways

·
it's a tarp!
7,495 Posts
One the one hand if he leaves he will likely get more and longer matches, and clearly if he remains more money and likely more notoriety.

Maybe he should just straight out ask for a push or an advance up the card and see where he truly stands in WWE.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts