Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me
8,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They have stood beside each other through thick and thin, and developed a friendship that extends beyond the confines the locker room. Whether it be hanging out and playing Madden football, extending their weekends to hang out & watch Sunday football together, or just drinking at the bar after the show, Jay Briscoe and Roderick Strong were as tight as brothers. They’ve spent time with each other’s families, slept in each other’s houses, and been in many a fight together.

Enter: Truth Martini. From the day Truth came into Roderick’s life, which was apparently even before he officially became the ROH World Champion’s manager/life coach, Strong has been a different man. According to Jay, as far as their friendship goes, it may as well be dead in the water.

“I meant what I said man, Truth Martini is a bitch!” said Jay, “That man has got Roddy all twisted! Thinking he needed him to win the belt, that he needed Truth to find himself or some crap. Truth be told, that chump needs Roddy Strong not the other way around. Without Roddy, Truth wouldn’t have anybody, he’d be nothing. And if I gotta slap Roddy upside his head a few times to wake his ass up, well it won’t be the first time and it damn sure won’t be the last. I know you hear what I’m saying Roddy, I know you feel me. Stand on your own two feet…man up.”

As witnessed in the newest ROH Video Wire (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBSLy9l5Z6s), Strong is more than ready to defend, not only Truth, but also the ROH World Title against any man willing to step up to the plate. As the ROH faithful know, there are few men more willing to fight than Jay Briscoe. Truth doesn’t want this obviously, denying Jay’s worthiness as a contender, but Strong has contacted ROH officials since the Video Wire went live and demanded they make this match official for when we return to Charlotte, NC.

Since both parties want this bout, ROH officials have decided that it will take place on January 15, 2011 in Charlotte, NC! ROH World Champion Roderick Strong defends against Jay Briscoe at the Metrolina Expo! These two tore each other apart in 2009 when their rivalry was a friendly one, what will they put each other through with all the animosity that has quietly developed…especially with the World Title on the line?

Get your tickets now for ROH’s return to Charlotte, NC: http://www.rohstore.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=210, and don’t miss out on this hard-hitting World Title match as well as Davey Richards vs. Chris Hero!
They did have that enjoyable series of matches last year, so if the quality is like that then it should be a good match.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,267 Posts
I'm really not a fan of the Briscoes in singles matches. This could be fairly decent but I just feel that are a a lot of other guys that I would rather see Strong go against in a main event match. At least it will make his reign seem better by getting another title defense in.

·
I like the wrestling parts best!
701 Posts
I'm really not a fan of the Briscoes in singles matches.
Me either but this is actually building some sort of individual story for Jay as opposed to that he's just one half of those crazy beer drinking, foul mouthed, gun shooting ********. Which is much better than any attempt Gabe ever made of building Jay towards a title shot. I, for the first time ever may feel invested in a Briscoes single match (well since the Steenerico/Briscoes fued in 07) knowing that there is a real history between Jay and Roddy as friends. So, well done lizard man.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
I'm actually looking forward to this.

·
Premium Member
32,163 Posts
The January ROH shows are normally nothing shows anyway so at least they're not wasting a better title match on them. Jay must be racking quite a series of title shots by now.

·
copy of a copy of a
3,752 Posts
So it's the mandatory Jay Briscoe title defence every champion is required to go through at some point. At least this time around there seems to be actual backstory to make it feel less forced.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts