Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

seen this on one of the dirt sheet websites. I said it before its enough talent out their for a 3rd promotion. I also seen someone start thread saying that Jarrett and Conrad were thinking about starting their own promotion.Is their room for another new promotion? And if so who should be apart of it ? I could it seeing it look someing like

Mens:
1. Killer Kross
2. Keith Lee
3. John Morrison
4. Braun Strowman
5. Bandido
6. Carlito Colon
7. Buddy Matthews
8. Dragon Lee
9. RUSH
10. Shane Taylor Promotions

Women:
1. Tessa Blanchard
2. Mia Yim
3. Tara Varakyre
4. Ember Moon
5. Nicole Matthews

Throw in a few nostalgia acts like RVD, Chris Masters, & Ryback and it could be a decent place for other workers to find work

·
it's a tarp!
7,871 Posts
You'd be looking in the region of half a million dollars each to sign the talent listed.

Then a revenue share to book the arenas, advertizing, insurance, security, ticketmaster, legal, suitable replacements as wrestlers are known for being flaky.

Sounds like a recipe to lose money.

·
Registered
12,521 Posts
You'd be looking in the region of half a million dollars each to sign the talent listed.

Then a revenue share to book the arenas, advertizing, insurance, security, ticketmaster, legal, suitable replacements as wrestlers are known for being flaky.

Sounds like a recipe to lose money.
Yet people get mad at Nick Khan and Vince for releasing 80 wrestlers. It's a business first

·
it's a tarp!
7,871 Posts
Yet people get mad at Nick Khan and Vince for releasing 80 wrestlers. It's a business first
Indeed. WWE only succeeds because of the loyalty of it's fans. Better to be a profitable company with a healthy future and measured layoffs, than a company with creditors laying of people left right and center to make ends meet.

·
Death Rides a Horse
3,095 Posts
I'm surprised he'd be willing to take a gamble on such a venture, as he doesn't exactly have that Tom Cruise money to play around with.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Freddie Prince used to work for WWE creative for a while so I would like to see him start a new promotion with mostly former WWE wrestlers.

·
ROWDY RODDY PIPER
13,762 Posts
Instead of getting a new promotion off the ground (which I would still be okay if he chose to do that), maybe he should buy one of the dying promotions and try to bring it back to life. He can still have a meaty roster with what is there and add some of that top talent that is not signed anywhere yet.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
I would like to see this. One thing I'd be really interested to see is a different style of wrestling promotion altogether. I feel like wrestling as a whole needs to evolve, because it's been the same now for the longest of times. I'd actually be quite curious as to how a promotion would work, if they did cinematic, taped matches, such as the AJ vs Taker match at mania, but did them regularly. This way you could also have certain wrestlers prolong their career. Could be a fuckin awful idea, but some sort of evolution is needed.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Its look like their will 4 new feds come soon. With Deadlock Pro Wrestling, TERMINUS and Jeff Jarrett. Now this one.

What about all 4 working with each other out and so on.

·
Death Rides a Horse
3,095 Posts
Instead of getting a new promotion off the ground (which I would still be okay if he chose to do that), maybe he should buy one of the dying promotions and try to bring it back to life. He can still have a meaty roster with what is there and add some of that top talent that is not signed anywhere yet.
I would like to see this. One thing I'd be really interested to see is a different style of wrestling promotion altogether. I feel like wrestling as a whole needs to evolve, because it's been the same now for the longest of times. I'd actually be quite curious as to how a promotion would work, if they did cinematic, taped matches, such as the AJ vs Taker match at mania, but did them regularly. This way you could also have certain wrestlers prolong their career. Could be a fuckin awful idea, but some sort of evolution is needed.

Cat, Seth, what do you guys think about Juggalo Championship Wrestling? It could be huge if Prince plays his cards right and manages to score a deal like keeping it on a non cable channel. You have brand name recognition with ICP, which in turn would bring in the Juggalo's and Juggalette's and right off the bat you would have a viewership of about one million.

JCW also uses a lot of local talent like drug dealers and meth addicts, which you can find in every state so talent would not be a problem.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Well its less costly for a big company to give physical money to a promotion than to show it on your company books.. maybe e are trying to freddie and jeff to start something again..thats really disadvantage of wwe going public..and i think the to make them more liquid is more imminent than ever.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts