Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so it's been a long time since I've visited this site, so it's safe to assume that I'm sufficiently pissed enough to waste my time bitching here (and I figured this would be a good enough rant to get a good number of you talking). You may or may not have heard of the Kansas preacher Fred Phelps, who gained notoriety back in 1998 for protesting at a funeral for the gay kid in Wyoming who was beaten to death. Well he's been doing that sort of thing for decades, protesting gays and AIDS-infected individuals at their funerals, and he's recently taken to protesting military funerals as a result of a grudge he's held against them for bombing his church a few years ago. This one hits close to home as yesterday a memorial service was held for Cpl. Carrie French and apparently the dickhead picketed the service, claiming God was punishing her as a result of the aformentioned bombing (which had nothing to do with the person in question). Here's a few reasons I'm pissed about this: in the first place, the religious right is supposed to be in support of the military (although military service quite often results in breaking that thing about "Thou shalt not kill", but I guess that doesn't matter unless you're killing someone who prays to the same invisible man you do). Secondly, the prick acts like he knows God personally. I think if I was God, I would be embarrassed and ashamed to have an asshole like this representing me. At these public funerals, the authorities can't do anything about him badmouthing the person in question. Regardless of first amendment rights, I don't think anyone should be protesting at a goddamn funeral procession. It's extremely ****ing disrespectful and if I was a family member of one of the soldiers, I'd probably split his head open with a baseball bat. You didn't hear anyone protesting Reagan's funeral, and he was hated by many. I'm not even going to go into his "God Hates Fags" campaign because I'm already pissed enough as it is, but these military protests are fueled by nothing more than a personal vendetta. **** him.

·
Jerichoholic
3,091 Posts
"pissed" is a term us Aussies use to mean drunk. But now I read, I don't think that is what you mean.

Anyway, yep I've got to agree with you, I hate to see people speak ill of the dead. It is disrespectful. It sounds like this Fred Phelps is a crack pot, he makes Christians look bad with his behavior.

When you say preacher, do you mean he is a self appointed preacher or has he been made preacher by the church? I don't understand how this god stuff works.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
He is an ordained pastor and works at Westboro Baptist Church. His site is http://www.godhatesfags.com/main/index.html. And pissed here just means angry. All he does is spew anti-gay (and racial) rhetoric and propaganda and tries to sucker in followers using the guise of being separate from other self-righteous ****phobe lunatics such as Jerry Falwell. Well I guess it's not that surprising since he is about 76, and as we all know, all old people are racist ****phobes.

·
Jerichoholic
3,091 Posts
BT: But, New York City as a whole is a den of sin…

FRED: Yep.

BT: Right. So, when was the last time you guys were in New York City?

FRED: Well, it hasn't been long ago. We've been up there three times since Sept. 11 picketing with big signs that say "Thank God For Sept. 11" and that the FDNY is a *** fire department.
OMG what total trash!!!

·
Buzz Killington
2,202 Posts
Since his slogan is God Hates Fags God must hate him.

·
Asuka
96,569 Posts
I doubt the guy is even a real Christian with a name like God hates fags. He's probably just using God to get his own anti gay point across. I say this because I know some Christians, and they say God doesn't hate gay people, he only hates what they're doing.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well it's not like it's their fault they are gay and it's not Satan influencing them either. The psychology is actually different between people of different sexual orientations. Their brains respond differently to certain stimuli than heterosexual people do. So all this "****sexuality is a sin" rhetoric is completely false. And it's not like all gay people are sodomites either, and even some heterosexual people commit sodomy, so that just goes to show that dumbasses should be banned from trying to interpret the bible, because 10 times out of 10 they are wrong.

·
Banned
107 Posts
sorry..........ummmmmmmm.......... i got bored like after the 6th sentence!!!

·
Banned
4,310 Posts
This Fred Phelps guy has got a loose screw in his head, he's a wacko. Some people have trouble finding the difference between right & wrong.

·
▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▓
3,733 Posts
Wahabz said:
sorry..........ummmmmmmm.......... i got bored like after the 6th sentence!!!
How about you try not posting for once. Nobody needs you to narrate your actions on the forums.

And this Phelps fella, I know I've heard his name before. But what kind of asshat protests at people's funerals. I mean, cmon'. Just because you hate gays, is no reason to disrespect the dead.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I've herd the name somewere before aswell but i can't remember were but any way.
I go to a christain youth club every week and they have talks about things like that and they talked about this aswell and they said that god dosen't hate ****sexuals just dosen't aprove. (i'm not a chrsitain but i thought i would post this).

·
Banned
4,141 Posts
Legends never die. said:
I go to a christain youth club every week and they have talks about things like that and they talked about this aswell and they said that god dosen't hate ****sexuals just dosen't aprove. (i'm not a chrsitain but i thought i would post this).
Then why do you go? I'm an Atheist, so I'm out on the whole "god hates ****sexuals" thing, but as for my opinion, why should it matter? You're born ****sexual or heterosexual, although some religious and close-minded people will deny, so there's nothing wrong with it. Prejudice idiots like that piss me off.

SIG

·
Registered
566 Posts
Shamrock is god:
Then why do you go? I'm an Atheist, so I'm out on the whole "god hates ****sexuals" thing, but as for my opinion, why should it matter? You're born ****sexual or heterosexual, although some religious and close-minded people will deny, so there's nothing wrong with it. Prejudice idiots like that piss me off.
I go because its a good night out and the people there don't mind if your christain or not. They are opened minded.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's a classic case of organized religion run amok. Religion is not supposed to be about hate at all, and yet so many believe that God hates certain things. I always found it hard to swallow all that faith bullshit, since it's hard to have faith in something you can't see and that is constantly killing your loved ones. One thing I do know is that if we really are modeled after this supreme being, it must exhibit the same attributes that we do, including compassion, tolerance and understanding. I think the bigotry and intolerance are just side effects of fear, which stems from misunderstanding. Sad as it is, most people do not even want to understand, and think that faith in God is all they need. I figure since we're only here for a short time, why not try to get in touch with and embrace our surroundings, including the people around us? Since there is no guarantee of an afterlife, the most we can do is to seek understanding of this life. With so much to experience, faith is not enough. It leaves us empty.

·
Registered
57 Posts
This is the kinda guy who gives Christians a bad name...did you look at this book that he has called something like Black Queers? The thing talks about and shows pictures of guys putting on condoms and all sorts of garbage...I can't believe he really thinks he's working in the way of God.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts