Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The Rock is a legend. Instead of surprising us the WWE told us a year ahead of time about Cena vs The Rock. Didn't we see this coming during The Rock's return promo and Cena's response promo? If the WWE waited until Feb of 2012 then it would had been a big surprise for some people especially if The Rock was not to appear for months after The Survivor Series. It would had not effected Wrestle Mania sells if they wanted until early 2012.

Why did the WWE announced that the Rock would return at The Survivor Series? Again this could had been a surprise. However, Vince made things clear way too damn early.

I find wrestling more exciting when things are happening week after week instead of wondering for months how is this going to play out. This has taken the fun out of wrestling. We should not get so many announcements about PPVs that are months away. Both of his returns are much less special than they would had been. I want to be on the "Edge" of my seat instead of sitting back for months.

·
Really too good to wrestle in front of all you pri
1,660 Posts
Everyone has the Internet now, this isn't the 1990's. You can't keep this shit secret anymore.

Plus WrestleMania 27 was pretty much sold on having the Rock host it. WrestleMania 28 has been sold as having The Rock Vs. Cena. Why make people pay for something once when you can get them to pay for it twice?

·
What?
13,511 Posts
Yeah they want to boost ratings/buy rates/merch sales. That's why they announcing it yo.

I happen to agree with you though, ask Brett Hart about over-hyped and therefore ruined returns.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How did they get a boost of money? They will not be getting the boost of money until those PPVs arrive. The Rock should had been announced two months before each PPV, not many months.

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
Originally Posted by pwinsider
WWE announced today that their travel packages WrestleMania XXVIII have officially sold out in record time. They went on sale on 7/18.
That should answer your question.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts