Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
I wonder what Aeris felt...When she was up on that
31,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Seriously...

I'm tired of FPS games. They should at least take a cue from BioShock of Half-Life, yet its all about making it more real or big moments. I'd rather have the shock of hearing "Would You Kindly?" revealed than every macho thing that happened in Modern Warfare.

And when I say stop making sequels, I mean that you don't need to fucking make the same game every few years (Infinity Ward...EA...Valve...etc.)

·
Based
381 Posts
Agreed. But multiplayer is the big thing right now, everyone and their mother wants multiplayer in every single game imaginable. It strips down the single player, and practically makes it a tutorial for the online.

And I seriously thought that was the same game in each image...

·
Banned
12 Posts
What is it to you? they are their own genre and have been for years, if you don't like it then play another genre, millions of people play FPS games, they aren't gonna go away because a random nerd on the internet who has nothing better to do then rant about how crap they are thinks they should, the rest of the living population > you my friend.

·
Heroes For Hire
15,424 Posts
lmao that pic was hilarious. And like SecondCity i swear to god i thought it was the same game. I've gotten into FPS lately,but alot of them are basically the same shit with a few exceptions like Bioshock & Half-Life as previously mentioned. I thought Resistance was a little different from the standard FPS.

·
WrestleMania Veteran 21-29
1,195 Posts
I tend to play a lot of the popular fps games just so when my firends talk about them I can chime in on the conversation. So far the only fps games I enjoy playing frequently are Left 4 Dead 1 & 2 and Halo 3. All war sims look and feel the same. I like MW2 a little bit though because of the arcadey feel of it. Too bad the community for the game is shit.

·
Friends Come And Go,Banners Hang Forever
25,581 Posts
The sad thing is I couldn't tell which game was what in those picture. There isn't really many fun games to play other than FPS and other shooter games. Games like GOW and Mass Effect don't last forever and some kind of multiplayer is always good. LittleBigPlanet was fun, but that was because people could make their own maps and other people could play them which means it never got old.

·
Premium Member
3,187 Posts
I play Gears of War, Borderlands and Bioshock instead of stuff like Call of Duty and Medal of Honor.

I played the COD series up until MW1 came out, then realised I'd been playing the same game over and over, so i started looking a little further afiel to find my new shooter, i came across Gears of War and since then i haven't thought about playing COD, it bores me.

·
The One Free Man
7,331 Posts
I actually thought the first picture was the new Call of Duty game, Black Ops. I got the other two though. MW2 was an easy one to spot mainly because I've played it so much.

But I like my FPS, from Half-Life 2 to CoD, from Bioshock to Battlefield. I find them fun and entertaining, especially the MP, even though on occasions it can get a little annoying. I even find the Single Player in these games to be a blast.

But I still play them and other genres. I'm actually looking forward to the new MoH than I am the new CoD.

·
EIRE
15,862 Posts
Online multiplayer games like COD have almost killed my love for the industry as a whole these past few years. As long as it's a FPS and you can play online, that shit is going to sell at least a million copies these days. All 3 of those games look exactly the same. It never ceases to amaze me how people will literally go out and buy the exact same game every year or every other year. There really isn't that much difference between COD MW and COD MW 2, just like there is little to no difference to the Madden games each year, yet people every single year will shell out another $60 for the exact same game because it is fun to play with your friends or random people online. While I understand this, it has severely dumbed down I would say about 85% of all games now. Fuck making a decent single player mode, when all you need is online and you will be fine.

No quote from a video game review makes me more mad than something like this: "While the single player experience will keep you busy for a few hours, what really adds longevity to the title is it's multiplayer and online modes". FUCK. OFF. I read shit like this constantly. It is very hard to find a good, half-way decent length wise game these days if you are looking for a single player experience. This sort of turned into a rant about online gaming, but games like COD and Halo are to blame, 100%. Games were so much better before abortions like the COD series and Halo came out. Those games are complete and utter pieces of shit. I have played them all, and none of them impress me in the least. I would much rather get engrossed in a fantastic story in a game (I.E. Heavy Rain, Mass Effect 2) than do literally nothing else but run around and shoot each other while yelling at each other over a headset for hours and hours on end.

What I have said means absolutely nothing though, because this shit is only going to get worse because there are billions of dollars in it each year for these companies. But I will laugh when Call Of Duty Black Ops comes out and 45 million people go out and shell out $60 for the exact same fucking game they bought last year. Have fun.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts