Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know they've been using the shocker for a while now but why did they change it? I liked when they used the Four Horsemen one it made more sense. Does the WWE own rights to hand symbol or something?

·
Registered
937 Posts
I don't think WWE owns the name of the Horsemen, let alone the hand sign. Maybe they didn't think they deserved to hold up the four fingers, like Horsemen. When Arn Anderson brushed his hair he did it as a Horseman. All those guys are pretty damn good. If they had a chance to perform, they might be good enough to call themselves Horsemen. But I never see them getting the chance. Not with Russo in TNA. Ask Cornette ask Heyman or anyone that knows wrestling. I been watching a long time.

·
Banned
1,242 Posts
its177, are you calling Fortune's hand symbol "the shocker" because you have 2 assholes or because you have 2 pussies?

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
its177, are you calling Fortune's hand symbol "the shocker" because you have 2 assholes or because you have 2 pussies?
If you put the middle and index fingers together it's the barracuda

·
Banned
6,893 Posts
I know they've been using the shocker for a while now but why did they change it? I liked when they used the Four Horsemen one it made more sense. Does the WWE own rights to hand symbol or something?
I'd say it's probably because you have a group called "Fourtune" badly imitating the Four Horsemen with one of TNA's now-trademark fundamental flaws: There are about fifteen people in the group.

You know why they were called The Four Horsemen? Because there were FOUR of them.

I don't know why TNA have such a hard time grasping this. Maybe they're just trying to see how many people they can shoehorn into the group before anyone notices.

·
Banned
6,893 Posts
Except when there were 5 or 6 of them. ;)
Which was VERY rare. There were four and a manager a lot of times, but very, very rarely five actual Horsemen. JJ Dillon wouldn't count towards the four, since it was always very clear he was replaceable. Arn Anderson wasn't considered replaceable when he became the manager of the Horsemen, but he still didn't count towards the four.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I'd say it's probably because you have a group called "Fourtune" badly imitating the Four Horsemen with one of TNA's now-trademark fundamental flaws: There are about fifteen people in the group.

You know why they were called The Four Horsemen? Because there were FOUR of them.

I don't know why TNA have such a hard time grasping this. Maybe they're just trying to see how many people they can shoehorn into the group before anyone notices.
In their defense, they did change the name back to just "Fortune" weeks ago.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Um nobody wants to read your twisted fantasies about me....

This is prolly the case. Or Russo just doesn't know how to count?

·
Purebred Powerhouse
5,754 Posts
LMFAO.

I was tempted to make a thread about this myself about two weeks ago, but I talked myself out of it.

Anyway, I usually watch wrestling on Monday nights with my girlfriend and some friends - all casual viewers. Personally, I find that it makes watching the shows a lot more fun to hear casual fans' thoughts and running commentary on what they think of the product.

Well, a few weeks back, my girlfriend and her friends were flipping through the channels. She landed on TNA Impact for a few short minutes. I normally TiVo it and watch it later, since none of my casual friends keep up with TNA anymore. But she kept it on, thinking maybe she'd see someone she'd recognize or find some reason why I watch it. After all, she really likes WWE.

Anyway, my girlfriend and her friends spot AJ Styles doing an interview, and they remark about him being cute, etc. The usual female wrestling fan chatter.

Next thing you know, they're giggling uncontrollably. I ask what's going on.

Sure enough, one of her friends claims that some tool just threw up the "2 in the pink, 1 in the stink" hand symbol.

"And look, now they're ALL DOING IT!"

Sure enough, I turn to face the TV... and there stands Fourtune... all 8 or 29 of them... holding up the "shocker" hand symbol.

It's little things like that which make me wonder how out of touch with mainstream culture a lot of wrestling "creative teams" really are.

·
Perry Karavello
602 Posts
Sure enough, I turn to face the TV... and there stands Fourtune... all 8 or 29 of them... holding up the "shocker" hand symbol.

It's little things like that which make me wonder how out of touch with mainstream culture a lot of wrestling "creative teams" really are.

There are only so many hand gestures you can do, dude. Matt Hardy does almost the same thing.

You going to point out anything that's in the shape of a penis too?

·
Registered
9,306 Posts
TNA finally realize this, and now they are trying to trim it down to four, I guess. Getting rid of Morgan. And then Douglas Williams after Turning Point I guess.

Then it's

AJ
Kaz
Beer Money

·
Purebred Powerhouse
5,754 Posts
Originally posted by The Skarupa:

There are only so many hand gestures you can do, dude. Matt Hardy does almost the same thing.
Exactly. There are only so many hand symbols, signature taunts, and poses that they can come up with. So why is modern day wrestling so obsessed with giving everyone a signature stance, pose, or hand gesture? It's overkill.

They could've kept using the Four Horsemen symbol. As much as the IWC may want to rewrite history or fantasy book things, they can't undo the fact that the Four Horsemen name, stable, and image is tainted. They aren't some elitist faction of all-time greats.

Everyone from Paul Roma to Steve McMichael spent some time in the group. So what harm does it really do to their legacy by having AJ Styles or Beer Money to throw up their hand symbol?

You want the short answer..? None at all.

Nobody with any good sense is going to get all defensive about Fortune using the Four Horsemen hand gesture. When you consider they're getting a personal endorsement from Flair anyhow, then there's obviously nothing wrong with it.

Instead, they're using a hand gesture that looks like something vulgar and sexual. Maybe you don't think of the "shocker" when you see that hand symbol. Well good for you.

But, casual fans - you know, the people TNA is so desperately trying to attract to their shows - think of that when they see this hand symbol. And, I hate to break it to you, but the casual fans' perception of things outweighs anything the diehard fans want or think. That's just the nature of the beast.

Fortune doesn't really need their own hand symbol. What's really funny is that you can see the members actively thinking and contemplating what to do with their hands before they throw up the symbol.

It's like they instinctively want to put up the Four Horsemen salute, but they have to stop & think about it first.

Really.

If it's that complicated, then it's probably not worth the effort. Just sayin'...

Originally posted by The Skarupa:

You going to point out anything that's in the shape of a penis too?
No. Absolutely not.

Other than the giant black tribal penis that Samoa Joe sported on his face for a few months, you mean..?

No. Absolutely not.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts

Yeah, the entire 15.

AJ, Roode, Kaz and Storm...Yep, 15...

·
Registered
4,512 Posts

Not always was there Four. Original Lineup was 5 people.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts