Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know win and loss records don't count, but I found some interesting statistics that Attitude Era fans may enjoy reading:

Here's the 1999 Win Loss Record (Source: http://www.solie.org/W_L.html

This is the 2000 Win Loss record. I found this as an xls file here: http://www.ddtdigest.com/features/paywinda/

Some really interesting stuff. The Rock only had a 66% win rate in 2000. Steve Blackman was really on a role.

·
Registered
16,319 Posts
I know win and loss records don't count, but I found some interesting statistics that Attitude Era fans may enjoy reading:

Here's the 1999 Win Loss Record (Source: http://www.solie.org/W_L.html):

This is the 2000 Win Loss record. I found this as an xls file here: http://www.ddtdigest.com/features/paywinda/

Some really interesting stuff. The Rock only had a 66% win rate in 2000. Steve Blackman was really on a role.
Yea I remember watching aroundt that time thinking Steve Blackman was getting one hell of a opush, he had some great matches, wasnt that great ont he mic as far as I remember though, which is probably what let him down a bit, his matches were great, him and Shamrock did well together

I would like to have seen Cena win record from 2009 - 2010 :p

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Fix the first link. You have the bracket and dot as part of the link.

Interesting finds:
1998:
Ken Shamrock: 92 wins, 25 losses - WOW. Just. WOW.
Steve Austin: 87 wins, 5 losses, 1 draw - SuperAustin?
Val Venis: 55 wins, 9 losses - Wow, he must have been popular..
Dick Togo: 0 wins, 7 losses - Who the hell is he?
Rocky Maivia: 53 wins, 63 losses - Wow, he lost more than he won?

1999:
Big Show 70 wins, 21 losses - That is quite interesting.
Rocky Maivia: 68 wins, 34 losses, 1 draw - Still a lot of losses. At least he's not SUPER.
Dan Severn: 0 wins, 13 losses - Wow.. 13 losses in a row!

Nice read, good find.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts

Interesting finds:
1998:

1999:
Rocky Maivia: 68 wins, 34 losses, 1 draw - Still a lot of losses. At least he's not SUPER.

Nice read, good find.
I swear, some of the members on this forum are the most idiotic people ever. They hate Randy Orton and John Cena for being superheroes, but they love Austin, when he was actually more superhero than anyone, probably except Hulk Hogan.

·
Registered
10,590 Posts
Of course Austin was SuperAustin. The guy kicked the shit out of 4 guys for 20 minutes straight at NWO 98. No amount of chairshots could have kept him down that night.

And of course Rock had tons of losses he was a heel!

What's also interesting is Super Angle in 99. Guy only had 1 loss!!

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
Of course Austin was SuperAustin. The guy kicked the shit out of 4 guys for 20 minutes straight at NWO 98. No amount of chairshots could have kept him down that night.

And of course Rock had tons of losses he was a heel!

What's also interesting is Super Angle in 99. Guy only had 1 loss!!
He only came in in November and was undefeated until February when Rock beat him in Pittsburgh.

Rock's record is unbelievable for a star in his caliber.

·
Registered
573 Posts

Interesting finds:
1998:

1999:

Nice read, good find.
Not suprising at all. Rock lost a LOT of matches. In his 2001 DVD he said he made an effort not to be unbeatable/dominant because when he was a kid he could only watch Superman a few times before he wanted someone to kill him. He said he couldn't relate to superman as a person or a character.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Those numbers prove that people just find excuses to hate certain people today. If Cena and Orton win too much, then what does Austin do? Almost 100 matches for Austin in 1998 and he won so many? That's more than 1.5 wins a week! Cena and Orton do win alot, but they get 3 or so wins a month.

And its funny how people complain today about jobbers and people not winning enough, yet 1999 had one guy lose 13 matches and a total of 50 superstars who didn't win a single match but lost at least 1

·
Registered
10,590 Posts
Those numbers prove that people just find excuses to hate certain people today. If Cena and Orton win too much, then what does Austin do? Almost 100 matches for Austin in 1998 and he won so many? That's more than 1.5 wins a week! Cena and Orton do win alot, but they get 3 or so wins a month.

And its funny how people complain today about jobbers and people not winning enough, yet 1999 had one guy lose 13 matches and a total of 50 superstars who didn't win a single match but lost at least 1
Haven't you people realized by now that NOTHING about wrestling has changed....except the quality of writing.

The only reason people give Orton and Cena a hard time but not Austin is because back then they were marks!!! What they fail to realize however, is that back then you wanted Austin to win ALL THE TIME because he was your fave guy. So just like today the marks want Cena to win all the time cause he's their fave. And if that's what the paying fan wants, then that's what they're gonna get.

Who's the guy behind the PC who streams every PPV and won't even buy a CM Punk yet shirt (yet he's the guy's fave) to tell Vince what he should and should not do.

Vince Mcmahon represents how he wants to book WWE and Cornette is like the IWC of bookers.

Look at where Vince is and look at where Cornette is.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts