Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/Former_WWE_Star_Believes_John_Cena_Wants_Randy_Orton_Fired.html

Fueling rumors that WWE may part ways with Randy Orton as a result of his second violation of the Talent Wellness Program, former WWE talent Kenn Doane (a/k/a Kenny Dykstra) said on Twitter that he believes John Cena is among those within the sports entertainment organization lobbying for the SmackDown wrestler's termination. Doane's belief is based on Cena admitting to him in 2006 that he wanted Orton fired for his first Wellness Program infraction.

"When I was there and Orton got suspended for the first time, Cena told me he wanted Orton fired. So now I'm sure it's probably him trying for RKO's release," Doane wrote Friday. "Regardless, hopefully he don't get fired since he has a young child and is the best story teller in WWE. They do still tell stories in the ring right?"

Cena admitted in WWE's 2011 Randy Orton video release, The Evolution of a Predator, that he was not fond of the "old Randy."

"I always joke around there's old Randy and then there’s new Randy," Cena stated. "Old Randy was an asshole."

Orton was quietly suspended for thirty days without pay in August 2006, before WWE publicly announced suspensions for Talent Wellness Program violations. He tested positive for an anabolic steroid that he did not have a valid prescription for. Orton missed live events but continued to appear at televised events—including SummerSlam for a match against Hulk Hogan—for the duration of the suspension. He privately claimed he was taking time off from live events to remodel his home, but it was later confirmed that he was, in fact, suspended.

Cena has expressed strong support for the criminalization of the non-medical use of anabolic steroids by athletes. He has advocated the incarceration of athletes found to be using anabolic steroids or other performance enhancing drugs. "They should send the guys to jail," said Cena during a February 2009 interview with the Seattle Post-Intelligencer in response to a question about New York Yankees player Alex Rodriguez admitting to using steroids and Major League Baseball's anti-doping efforts. Cena elaborated on this belief in an interview with the New York Daily News.

"[Steroids] are the personal choice of the athlete," said Cena while promoting 12 Rounds. "And [Rodriguez] got defensive, saying he used because he felt he needed to. If there was a set of [legal] stipulations set in place, he may never have even considered it.

"The government should take the initiative, and if you get caught using drugs, then you should go to jail. A criminal record will hurt your endorsements and long-term contracts."

According to SuperLuchas.net, the nine-time world champion's suspension reportedly stems from a positive drug test for the anabolic steroid Dianabol, which is banned by the United States Congress under its Controlled Substances Act. However, that is not confirmed. The only person in WWE who commented on the matter to Wrestling Observer editor Dave Meltzer believes Orton actually tested positive for a tainted supplement.
I hope it isn't true, as I'm sure this may cause even more people to dislike Cena, eventhough not many like Orton either.

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
Lol, it's bullshit. Cena and Orton are best friends. To the extent that some people make jokes of them being gay for each other.

·
Premium Member
15,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fpalm Is This a joke ?

Cena is mostly the closeset friend for randy in the whole WWE.
Well, Cena admitted he hates the old Randy and Dykstra only said that Cena wanted Orton gone in 06 and that he "believes" Cena is one of the few who wants Orton gone this time.

These guys ain't been friends forever and Cena said that. Nobody liked Randy several years back.

·
CHAIRMAN of WF
2,528 Posts
This is entirely supposition on Dykstra parts, especially seeing how he hasn't been with the company since mid 2008 and is basing his claim off of something that happen 6 years ago, so his opinion on the matter should be taken with a grain a of salt or not even at all. I'm going with the latter.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Cena was pissed off with Orton 6 (six, count 'em) years ago. This does not qualify as news.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
On the one hand, Kenny Dykstra was engaged to Mickie James.

But, on the other hand, Kenny Dykstra was engaged to Mickie James.

Yeah, not gonna believe him.

·
Stroking is the Antidote
3,160 Posts
Just because they're friends doesnt mean anything. Carlito and him were friends and they fought over him not working hard enough.

Cena does take drug use stuff very seriously so it wouldn't surprise me if he's disappointed in Orton.

Doubt he'd want him fired though, means more work for him. But I doubt he'll be sad if he does get released because it's his own fault.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
So this would be the same Ken Doane who was Kenny in The Spirit Squad and then Kenny Dykstra and who hated John Cena back in 2008 for supposedly being with Mickie James not long after Ken Doane had split up with her after they were engaged. When they were down in OVW together John Cena and Randy Orton were good friends who often were together outside of wrestling but they very rarely were together on the main roster as John Cena was on SmackDown until mid 2005 and Randy Orton moved to SmackDown more or less the same time.

It wasn't until 2006 that they were on the same roster together and Randy Orton back then was very much known to be a prick backstage which was someone at that time that John Cena couldn't be associated with too much as he was being pushed as a squeaky clean, all american babyface and was becoming a mainstream star whereas Randy Orton was getting suspended and causing havoc backstage. Once they began working together in early 2007 with Shawn Michaels and Edge also being involved they became close again and by the time they had their first ever one on one feud in the middle of 2007 they had become the best friends either man had in the industry.

A lot of people make out that their friendship is actually more of a romance and that they are secretly gay lovers such is the friendship between John Cena and Randy Orton so there is no way in the world John Cena is pushing for Randy Orton to be fired. Also you have to take into account John Cena is so pro WWE and business minded he wouldn't want the person considered to be their number two/three guy at a time when WWE is so devoid of star power and established talent. On the plus side though i guess people realise that Ken Doane is still alive and well enough to do interviews even if they are wrong.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,423 Posts
Kenny Dykstra? Didn't Randy Orton smack him around one time. Sounds like Kenny is proberly still holding a grudge over that, because I can't see how Kenny could know what Cena is thinking right now. Has he had contact with Cena? did Cena tell him so? I don't think so. Either Kenny is just trying to stour some shit up, or he's just making an assumption, which is no more credible then a random member of the IWC making assumptions.

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
Well, Cena admitted he hates the old Randy and Dykstra only said that Cena wanted Orton gone in 06 and that he "believes" Cena is one of the few who wants Orton gone this time.

These guys ain't been friends forever and Cena said that. Nobody liked Randy several years back.
John and Randy have been friends since 2005 (or probably even earlier than that). But Randy was probably too much of a douche in 06 and that might have made Cena pissed then. Now, though, they are even better friends, so I doubt John's feelings are like that today.

·
Premium Member
15,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
John and Randy have been friends since 2005 (or probably even earlier than that). But Randy was probably too much of a douche in 06 and that might have made Cena pissed then. Now, though, they are even better friends, so I doubt John's feelings are like that today.
Honestly, I don't see Cena trying to get someone fired.

But at the same time, Cena has been outspoken on steroid use and in the article, expressed his feelings on the subject. But you know how Cena is, he wants the company to do good, he wants guys to do right. I could see him pissed about Orton fucking up and Cena may be vocal in WWE sitting Orton out for some time, but IDK about him wanting to see a guy fired, who has family. Friends or not, Cena doesn't seem to be that type of guy.

It's only 2 "wrestlers" in WWE that can get Orton fired, IMO. Undertaker and Triple H.

·
Great One?..
10,833 Posts
The second I saw this thread was made by Trouble Trouble I knew the report would be Bullshit and didn't even bother reading the article.

Save your time folks.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
I actually prefer Super Orton over Super Cena because he doesn't cut corny promos, so I really hope this isn't true.

It isn't true I don't know why I added the last part, its Kenny Dykstra ffs rofl

·
Premium Member
15,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The second I saw this thread was made by Trouble Trouble I knew the report would be Bullshit and didn't even bother reading the article.

Save your time folks.
What the fuck does that have to do with anything?

I'm just posting what somebody else said, doesn't change the fact that this has been posted in the Smackdown section.

Have your views on the subject as you please, but don't use me as a way to discredit what was said and don't use the report as a way to bash me. You need to get a life.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.