Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
10,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the latest episode of “Highway 2 Helms”, former WWE star “Hurrican” Shane Helms’ weekly web show, co-host Marty Gardner asked Helms who his least favorite wrestler of all-time is. His answer? Shawn Michaels. Helms stated that Michaels was one of his idols growing up, but “he really let me down as a person”. Helms then went on to really tear into Michaels, saying he believes Michaels is “the biggest hypocrite in the business” and that “his whole religious gimmick is a f***ing work”.

Helms said that he doesn’t discount Michaels ring work and says that his matches with The Undertaker are some of the greatest matches of all-time, but as a person Michaels is a “cock-eyed cross-eyed piece of sh**.

Helms then told a story about being so angry at Michaels at a show last year that he wanted to hit him, not caring if he got fired by WWE over it. Michaels was having an argument with Chris Jericho at catering and was verbally attacking Jericho, which Helms did not agree with. Helms did not explain what the issue between Michaels and Jericho was about.

Helms went on to say Michaels is “one of the biggest drug users in the history of the business…who has snorted more coke and done more steroids” than anybody else in wrestling.
Source: Wrestling-Edge.com

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Other than Michaels' religion being a "work," we've heard everything else from that story so many times that it's probably true. I'm on Helms' side here, though an Internet show might not be the most appropriate forum for complaints about former coworkers.

·
i ain't got no type
1,490 Posts
That's ridiculous. I just watched the Shawn Michaels Heartbreak & Triumph and it showed his religious group that he teaches, his church, and the fact that he became more religious with family to prove it. Helms is a fucking douche.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Hm, yeah I've never heard anything bad said about HBK...so I am really going to believe Helms?

Also worth noting he's friends with The Drugyz.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
I thought the wrestler launching the attack on Michaels would be somebody from 1993 - 1997.There is a list of guys from back then who hate his guts!

·
Registered
934 Posts
I like the bit Helms threw in about Shawn Michaels verbally assaulting Chris Jericho to get the IWC on his side

·
Now THAT is a shared moment...
781 Posts
I like the bit Helms threw in about Shawn Michaels verbally assaulting Chris Jericho to get the IWC on his side
Doesn't mean it didn't happen. Helms and Jericho were good friends, so it's not unbelievable that something like that would happen.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
I like Helms and thought it he was underated as a worker myself during his 'Gregory Helms' stint. Smooth in the ring, good look and was developing a personality of his own. It's a shame he got injured. However, this resentment towards Michaels seems a tad ill-tempered and is probably more directed towards how he was unhappy with the company as a whole more then anything else in the end. He's still holding grudges.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Hm, yeah I've never heard anything bad said about HBK...so I am really going to believe Helms?

Also worth noting he's friends with The Drugyz.
Wait, WHAT?!?!? You may the only person I know that has never heard of anything bad about HBK. If you put a raccoon that talked and Shawn Michaels I would believe the raccoon (which is why I also don't believe his "retirement" is lasting). Yes a TALKING racoon is more believable than Shawn Michaels' word.

The church thing, I could believe is a work, because of his segment where it is "indicated" he superkicked a child. Find me someone super religious that believes that is okay. You won't, or then have him or her tell that to his church. I bet they get kicked out. Abuse on children is wrong. Period.

I do disagree that Michaels is the biggest hypocrite in pro wrestling. That award goes to Bret Hart.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
It seems that he is very bitter and jealous and for someone who is so close to Jeff Hardy he should think before opening his mouth about people with drug problems as Jeff Hardy now is worse than Shawn Michaels was back in the 90's. People didn't even know that Shawn Michaels was doing all the drugs he was back then because he still turned up for work and had the best match on the card whenever he wrestled whereas Jeff Hardy is completely out of it all the time on and off screen.

I am a HUGE Shawn Michaels mark but will be the first one to admit that he was clearly a nuisance backstage in the mid 90's and especially when he had Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Triple H and Sean Waltman all behind him whilst also Vince McMahon loving him but he went away after retiring in 1998 and sorted his life out. For someone to question his faith like that is pathetic and immature, i think that even Stevie Wonder could see that Shawn Michaels takes his faith and his family very seriously and that they are the two most important things in his life which is why he walked away from wrestling.

Back in his first run as a singles wrestler in between 1991 and 1998 it is fair to say that he wanted to be the main man and for the spotlight to be on him but since returning in 2002we have seen Shawn Michaels put countless people over and refuse the WWE or World title's on numerous occasions because that would have meant working house shows and missing his church commitments. The person Shawn Michaels has become is a millions miles removed from the person he was in the 90's and so much so that even Bret Hart has gone on to make peace with him whilst everyone in the industry has praised him.

It seems to me that Helms is just looking for attention due to the fact that he is no longer with WWE and despite the fact that his junkie best friend Jeff Hardy is their World champion can't even get a job in TNA who will give just about anyone a job if they've been in WWE. Much like Matt Hardy we are now seeing another person who is used to being in the public eye cling on to what fame they still have by slating someone else so carry on Helms as i doubt Shawn Michaels cares too much as he has made millions of pounds from wrestling and is regarded by many in the wrestling industry as the greatest in ring performer of all time whilst you are unemployed and your two best friends are the two biggest jokes in wrestling.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
Someones bitter...

When you consider who Helms is pals with, he really has no place to comment on big drug users...

·
Registered
819 Posts
What a load of bitter shit from someone who is a nothing in the business. He hangs around with the biggest fucktards the hardys and says HBK is the biggest druggie in the game. In the words of The Miz "Really"

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
This whole Friends group from Carolina besides Lita seem unbeliavable bitter like London and Kendrick. They were not pushed like they would like to so now they are crying and making stuff up about People. Trying to make it in the Wrestling News, when their 15 Minits of Fame is over.

1 - 20 of 214 Posts