Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
12,000 Posts
Call me old-fashioned or too tied to my business degree, but some point, it sure seemingly got lost on a lot of wrestlers that the goal is to entertain the masses instead of Meltzer. Goldberg's ability to project being a behemoth, complete with 2 main moves landed him on the cover of TV Guide in the late 90s and covering Hogan 1-2-3 for the world title in the Georgia Dome at a time when 10 million people watched wrestling. Meanwhile, a guy like Gargano lands in NXT for 4 years, even though Meltzer thinks he's tremendous.

Somebody else who gets it. Thank you.

These wrestlers today are desensitizing wrestling. They have to go all out just to get that 5 star Meltzer rating, and it kills the audience's emotional impact. Hell, even Meltzer in the NXT review from Saturday said the Adam Cole match was 'too much'.

There was a time where you do a body slam and people would pop.

Now if you don't do a super 450 dragon corkscrew piledriver into a flying hippo supreme double cheeseburger, than you can't 'work'.

This type of wrestling needs to end. We need to go back to when a move was a big deal. A DDT was a finish. A closed fist punch would be a heat magnet for heels.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Who in creative gave the name Swagger to a guy with zero charisma and personality. Was it some kind of joke like naming Ted DiBiase's bodyguard after Dusty Rhodes

·
Registered
5,803 Posts
Goldbergs 2016-now WWE run puts late WCW Hogan, Nash, Flair etc in perspective. We used to accuse those guys (granted, rightfully) of phoning it in, but this current version of Goldberg takes it to a totally different level.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Sorry Swagger, but the position of the anti-Goldberg MMA goof that thinks he's the greatest because he can (only) get wins vs hand-picked amateurs, is already occupied by Matt Riddle.

·
The face that runs the List
10,745 Posts
Swagger is right about everything but he's still a waste of space who was pushed way too far and deserved his downfall by being a stupid weedhead. Can't believe he might be LU's last champion, what a disgrace.

·
Banned
884 Posts
Bitterness on Jack Swagger’s part. He’s just trying to remind people that he exists by taking cheap shots on Twitter, without realising that nobody gives a shit about him, his opinion, or what’s left of his wrestling ‘career’. Pointing out Goldberg’s obvious flaws in 2019, and banging the same, tired old ‘He’s old’ drum is as uninteresting and uninspiring as every other part of Jack Swagger’s shit-stain of a wrestling career. This desperate attempt to stay relevant by jumping in the ‘let’s bash Goldberg’ bandwagon makes me embarrassed for Jack Swagger, who never has and never will get the reactions that Goldberg got.

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
It's not like he is wrong about Goldberg not being able to work. Regal couldn't even get a good match out of Goldberg when they were both in their prime. There was a reason why 90% of Goldberg's matches in his career were squashes.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Goldberg was cool back in the day but watching a 50 year old do squash matches. Seriously. People really need to think these things thru. Would you find that cool in 98? Not a f'n chance in Hell. People can hate on Swagger but you know he's right.

It's Ziggler I don't care. That's the highlight of his last 5 years but I'm fine with Swags calling it out.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Jack may be right but goodness whats with all these dismissed / former WWE performers feeling trying to keep their name out there. At least Swag is a notch up from Ryback

·
Registered
674 Posts
What a bunch of geeks you are. One minute the problem with WWE is all the part-timers taking the spotlight from their current roster, but now Goldberg vs Ziggler which has almost no backstory for them to even fight, ends in a squash where the 50 year old dude gets a win, and their full-timer looks like an absolute twat and everyone's happy about it?! What was even the point of that entire thing? I don't give a single shit about a 50 year old Goldberg that can't even do his jackhammer properly, but I used to care about Ziggler. He looks fucking stupid now, it's going to be too hard to ever believe he can beat anyone of note from now on. Brock can still put on half a match, and they actually put him in proper storylines, and yet even him I'm not fond of. But GOLDBERG? GOLDBERG? Really? You're a fucking idiot if you think him winning all these squash matches at his age is good business. How can your current roster look good when you bring back a 50 year old to squash them all? Brock, Owens and Ziggler. Imagine The Iron Sheik coming back in 1999 to squash Stone Cold and The Rock, it'd be a great look for them, right?

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
One of my friends wrestled with Jake at OU. He’s trying to be a “heel” in bellator and saying random stuff to get people riled up.

·
Registered
722 Posts
What a bunch of geeks you are. One minute the problem with WWE is all the part-timers taking the spotlight from their current roster, but now Goldberg vs Ziggler which has almost no backstory for them to even fight, ends in a squash where the 50 year old dude gets a win, and their full-timer looks like an absolute twat and everyone's happy about it?! What was even the point of that entire thing? I don't give a single shit about a 50 year old Goldberg that can't even do his jackhammer properly, but I used to care about Ziggler. He looks fucking stupid now, it's going to be too hard to ever believe he can beat anyone of note from now on. Brock can still put on half a match, and they actually put him in proper storylines, and yet even him I'm not fond of. But GOLDBERG? GOLDBERG? Really? You're a fucking idiot if you think him winning all these squash matches at his age is good business. How can your current roster look good when you bring back a 50 year old to squash them all? Brock, Owens and Ziggler. Imagine The Iron Sheik coming back in 1999 to squash Stone Cold and The Rock, it'd be a great look for them, right?
Thank. You.

·
tombstone blues
14,293 Posts
Now this is a feud that'll move the needle! :vince5

41 - 60 of 85 Posts