Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Former WWE creative writer Seth Mates, who WWE Champion CM Punk follows on Twitter, weighed in on the perception that Triple H uses political maneuvering to "bury" top-level talent—degrading a wrestler's standing to fans and peers. He was asked on Twitter, "Why does Triple H always bury the guy whose on fire?"
"Positioning," Mates responded. "And not always, just the vast majority of the time."

He added further, "If ratings dip, guess whhho's back next week to save the day? Loves to be the "savior". #positioning."

During an interview earlier this year with Pro Wrestling Torch Livecast (available here), Mates reacted to the negative sentiment within some WWE circles that Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson was "stealing someone else's spot." He feels the resentment actually stems from jealousy that Johnson found success outside of the walls of WWE, with Triple H being the driving force behind the negativity.

"I know that a lot of the stuff that [John] Cena has said about Rock and his feelings towards Rock sound like something that would be coming directly from, you know Mr. Helmsley and his view," Mates stated.

"I always sensed some insecurities as related to Rock and to [Steve] Austin and how, again, in my mind and perception, he never was at that level. And so he wanted to position himself as, well, I'm as good, if not better. Which I don't know that he has done that."

Read more: http://www.WrestlingInc.com/wi/news/2012/0603/553149/triple-h/#ixzz1wlNISakX
Interesting none the less.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
He should have gone more in depth.

·
You spent too much time looking at my avatar and s
7,825 Posts
"Former" screams butthurt to me
Pretty much and all he is doing is repeating the same rhetoric that has been spread on wrestling forums for over a decade.

Nothing new, nothing no one already thought.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Its always been the case.

HHH is sufferring from a case of small man syndrome.always has and always will be.Only for his position in the clique and marrying stephanie MmMahon he would be still jobbing like he was to the ultimate warrior in record time at wrestlemania.
Oh wait....that record was broken by D Bryan at this years wrestlemania......wonder who was involved in that decision.

HHH goes on about how he has faced the best in the world...he has , and in each match be it against the Undertaker, The Rock ,Cena, Stone Cold , Sean Micheal etc...its not HHH that is the star attraction.

Never has one wrestler been such a disaster for other peoples careers, not even hogan is on his level for burying people.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
I followed this guy for a while but I just couldn't take him. Jaded writer stuck in the past who loves attention so 'shoots' on Triple H and things the IWC don't like to garner some chat about him every week after RAW. He seems to have no idea about the business, despite being a writer and talks as though he's the best writer there's ever been and he never likes any of the storylines of today, no matter what they are; "They should've done this really irrational internet friendly story with CM Punk to get ratingzzzz".

Basically, don't take what he says serious because he writes shit like this every Tuesday.

Reactions: PrinceofPush

·
Banned
3,223 Posts
why doesn´t this rumor surprise me?

·
Banned
4,921 Posts
Its always been the case.

HHH is sufferring from a case of small man syndrome.always has and always will be.Only for his position in the clique and marrying stephanie MmMahon he would be still jobbing like he was to the ultimate warrior in record time at wrestlemania.
Oh wait....that record was broken by D Bryan at this years wrestlemania......wonder who was involved in that decision.

HHH goes on about how he has faced the best in the world...he has , and in each match be it against the Undertaker, The Rock ,Cena, Stone Cold , Sean Micheal etc...its not HHH that is the star attraction.

Never has one wrestler been such a disaster for other peoples careers, not even hogan is on his level for burying people.
And who carried out the deed? HHH's personal boy toy, Sheamus.

·
Registered
10,068 Posts
Not on the level of Rock and Austin?.. Ofcourse he never was and probably never will be in terms of stardom and drawing power, but he definitely is the best heel in the attitude era and without a great villain, you cant have a great hero. So when it comes to a great character, charisma and skills he is on par with both guys IMO.

As far as Triple H burying talent goes.. well.. we already knew that. Atleast I Do not need a confirmation.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
And who carried out the deed? HHH's personal boy toy, Sheamus.
lets not forget how HHH buried jericho right after jericho beat the rock and steve austin.

deep down the big nosed prick knows he is not in the same bracket when it comes to talent as jericho, the rock, austin, angle, undertaker and dozens others.
A mid card jobber that is only where he is through friends and marraige and utter sucking up.

·
Banned
407 Posts
if it wasn't for Steph then Hunter would still carry the bags for Nash, Hall and HBK.

·
Registered
787 Posts
It doesn't surprise me just like im not surprised at the people who quickly dismiss this as a former writer being butt hurt. You will never get the truth out of someone if they still work for the company so stop waiting for that to happen. HHH was a great heel but during the AE he was 4th at best trailing Austin Rock & Foley, now being 4th during that time was not a bad thing especially since 4th best then beats being the #1 now.

·
Respect My Pimphand..
15,750 Posts
Well I won't pretend HHH is a saint because he's not, but there are also plenty of great stories out there about the man that shouldn't be ignored. I think Hunter has an excellent mind for the business, and as long as a storyline doesn't involve his character being in jeopardy then he's very creative and the right man for the job!

However, just because I've grown to respect HHH, I do think there wouldn't be so many overwhelmingly bad reports of HHH burying talents from so many former writers and talent without there being, at least, some form of truth to it. I don't think anyone is dumb enough to believe that all of it is bullshit, nor should they believe it.

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
HHH has always been a little bitter bitch. He's buried people for years because he doesn't want to be anyone's bitch again like Rock and Austin made him into. Even with all HHH's politicking, Rock still moved up past him and then went on to hollywood to make millions and still comes back to support the company.

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
Before I even clicked in this thread I knew the writer would be Seth Mates lol. Calls himself a Paul Heyman guy, constantly calls for Punk to be pushed over everybody no matter what, says Cena owes him $50 yada yada. From reading his twitter a few times I think it's pretty obvious as to why he got fired/left. His mentality is WAY too much like most internet fans tbh. Not too long ago he came up with a ridiculous storyline idea to turn Punk heel and have him align with Heyman and Brock to fight Cena and HHH, Cena and HHH who are always 'positioned' above everybody else btw. What a way to ruin all the work they've put in to making Punk a top level face over the past year lol. Like I said, ridiculous.

Maybe, just maybe, HHH comes back to help out when ratings take a dip, because, you know, he can actually help out a little bit lol. Crazy to imagine, I know but it is possible. As for his Rock comments, I'll take what HHH has said personally and in depth over what this guy thinks was going on, especially since it has come out that those were Cena's personal feelings on the matter and nobody else's. That last bit is just lol worthy though. He never thought HHH was at Rock and Austin's level (which he isn't) therefore that makes HHH insecure and therefore he tried to position himself above them but he's not even sure that that actually happened? :lmao Come on lol.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
I can't feel HHH being bitter about something 8 years ago. I mean could it also correspond to Cena beating Lesnar on Lesnar's first match back? I doubt it.

·
You spent too much time looking at my avatar and s
7,825 Posts
HHH puts over a ton of guys too. I also lol when people say Sheamus is HHH's boy toy because it wasn't long ago people were crying that HHH buried Sheamus. I think the burying thing is more of a meme than it is reality. Every wrestler pulls strings to elevate themselves and any who say they didn't are lying.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
I believe there is truth to what he's saying, but I don't believe HHH is *that* bad. I'll wait till he wins his feud with Lesnar before I start thinking he's *that* bad.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.