Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Respect My Pimphand..
15,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Former WWE announcer Jack Korpela issued a survey to his Twitter followers asking which current WWE or TNA Wrestling Superstar has the most potential to be a major "crossover" star. When a person named CM Punk, he responded, "CM Punk has the in ring talent and great mic skills. Could use a few more pounds of muscle though."

Another person vouched for Punk's potential. Korpela reiterated, "He's damn good. Needs to improve physique though. Hogan, Rock, Austin all looked the part."
source: lordsofpain.net

As much as I like Punk, I couldn't agree more with this sentiment! I know people are going to say "his current size works for his gimmick", or "he shouldn't have to compromise himself, and all that matters is his talent", but to be honest, could it really hurt the man to hire a personal trainer with all his money, and get someone to whoop his ass every day in that gym. I mean John Cena started weight-lifting as a scrony little dude, and look at the guy now. I think if Punk really wanted to he could get bigger, but it's all up to him.

Just remember it would only 'help' him, regardless of if he needs to or not.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Who the F cares about this physique? Punk isn't in the ring to throw people around. I have no problem with how Punk is, I don't think he needs to change a thing.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
source: lordsofpain.net

As much as I like Punk, I couldn't agree more with this sentiment! I know people are going to say "his current size works for his gimmick", or "he shouldn't have to compromise himself, and all that matters is his talent", but to be honest, could it really hurt the man to hire a personal trainer with all his money, and get someone to whoop his ass every day in that gym. I mean John Cena started weight-lifting as a scrony little dude, and look at the guy now. I think if Punk really wanted to he could get bigger, but it's all up to him.

Just remember it would only 'help' him, regardless of if he needs to or not.
cena also took a shit load of roids and hgh when he was younger and tried to become a bodybuilder

·
Registered
128 Posts
I agree with OP when punk suplexes someone like tensai or show it doesn't look believable noone is saying to become sterofreak but at least have some extra pounds added and it will improve his stature in eyes of casual fans.

Reactions: Kr0wbar

·
Banned
990 Posts
Did everyone forget Austin had a beer gut?

And Hogan took steroids out the ass? (or rather up the ass)

Rock was always up and down.

·
Banned
2,092 Posts
even someone as small as Mysterio has the proper thickness and still looks like he can fuck u up, seriously i think i can take punk just by looking at his frame even though he'd woop me, thats not a good thing..

·
Banned
990 Posts
even someone as small as Mysterio has the proper thickness and still looks like he can fuck u up, seriously i think i can take punk just by looking at his frame even though he'd woop me, thats not a good thing..
So you believe the guy that isn't even 5 9 can beat you up?

But believe you can beat the 6 1 220lb guy in a fight?

Yeah I believe that statement.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
So you believe the guy that isn't even 5 9 can beat you up?

But believe you can beat the 6 1 220lb guy in a fight?

Yeah I believe that statement.
lol @ you thinking cm punk is actually 6'1 220lbs

dude is like 5'9 180lbs and like 20% bodyfat

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Are we still on this look shit? It's 2012, I thought we were past this.

It's fake. We know it's fake. We've accepted it's fakeness, why are we still going on about the look? Yes, it adds a slight extra touch to a guy, that's all. It's not crucial.

·
The Man
25,723 Posts
yeah Punk can use some muscle but i think since he is straight edge he isnt taking all these pills or whatever wrestlers take. he wont use the roids or hgh for sure. And with his schedule he might not have time to hit the gym as much. i used to laugh at Cena and roids but when you think about it how does someone like him in his mid 30s who travels an ungodly amount find the time to work out to keep that physique.

·
Registered
8,244 Posts
He would look more badass, and obviously Vince and HHH still like big dudes.May he would get more screen time. But well this RAW he got enough. :)

·
Registered
348 Posts
lol @ you thinking cm punk is actually 6'1 220lbs

dude is like 5'9 180lbs and like 20% bodyfat
Lol you retards these days are so fucking stupid. Watch Punk's interview with Ariel Helwani, he has a good couple inches on him and Helwani is a known 5'11. Punk is not a small guy, you people are just spastics for saying it. There wasn't much size difference between Cena and Punk. Just tone difference.

·
Registered
12,926 Posts
Did everyone forget Austin had a beer gut?

And Hogan took steroids out the ass? (or rather up the ass)

Rock was always up and down.

In his prime? No.

Maybe around 2002 when he no longer gave a damn? Sure...

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
Man I'm not exactly straight edge (I don't do drugs but have had the occasional drink) so I know the weight of peer pressure but to have such pressure from the audience to "bulk up" and "look the part" must be sooooooo fucking annoying and people wonder why he's an asshole.

Cena, Triple H, Mysterio, Hogan, Orton, hell even Edge ARE NOT NATURAL! At ALL they are on steroids or HGH! Not everybody wants to kill themselves to "look the part". Benoit tried that, Eddie Guerrero, Rick Rude, Curt Hennig ALL tried to "look the part" even Bret Hart tried it. Shit doesn't work for everyone and that's not even mentioning it goes against his personal lifestyle.

He's not a damn bodybuilder and I find it hard to imagine a bunch of guys who probably get gassed walking to the corner store telling someone to work out more. Leave the guy the fuck alone, its not the 1980s anymore.

Isn't it bad enough that everyone in the media swears all wrestlers are anabolic steroid freaks already? Doesn't seeing your childhood heroes die of heart attacks have any effect? Benoit going on a 'roid rampage and whacking his whole family wasn't enough? How many guys do you want dead in hotel rooms from busted hearts?

Instead of praising NATURAL athletes people are pressuring them to be more like their anabolic contemporaries...what the hell is wrong with people?

·
Registered
538 Posts
I thought triple h made it real clear and Hell even cm punk tweeted it himself that he's a skinny Fatass.

1 - 20 of 124 Posts