Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They are both the top world titles in WWE but is it satisfying to just win the WHC title alone but not the WWE title in the career of the superstar?

·
Registered
782 Posts
You wanna win it all. :D

Honestly I think its prestigious either way you go, both titles are layered with history.
Not really. The WHC only goes back to 2002 and was handed to Triple H by Eric Bischoff. Don't give me that BS of now its part of the WCW and NWA world titles because its not.

NWA doesn't reckongnize it and WCW's belt was unified with the WWF now WWE world Championship.

So yeah its way more important to win the WWE Championship

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Not really. The WHC only goes back to 2002 and was handed to Triple H by Eric Bischoff. Don't give me that BS of now its part of the WCW and NWA world titles because its not.

NWA doesn't reckongnize it and WCW's belt was unified with the WWF now WWE world Championship.

So yeah its way more important to win the WWE Championship
I don't remember saying it part of the WCW/NWA Titles... I'm not going to either.

·
Asuka
96,243 Posts
The WWE Championship is the company title, so yes, it's still technically the top one, BUT, if you win the WHC, they're going to treat you the same way as if you were WWE Champion.

Look at Triple H. Half of his title reigns are from the World Heavyweight Championship, yet he's called a 13 time WWE Champion. In reality, he's an 8 time WWE Champion, but that doesn't matter.

At the end of the day, it's really which show you win it on which determines whether it's #1 or #2, they treat the titles the same.

·
Registered
604 Posts
How many really great World Heavy Title matches have there been (since 2002) versus how many really really great WWF/WWE title mathces have there been over what? 3, 4 decades? I think the WWF/WWE title wins hands down though the WHC is the "big gold belt" even if it was a title created for Triple H cause he didn't wanna put Lesnar over.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts