Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
From ROHWrestling.com:
Jessy Sorensen was on top of the world going into 2012. At just 22 years of age he was signed to one of the top wrestling companies in the world, but on February 12th 2012, in a split second, his entire world changed.

"You are lucky to be alive!"

"You may never walk again!"

"You Will NEVER wrestle again!"

Those are just a few things that Jessy Sorensen heard as he lay motionless in an Orlando, FL hospital. Despite the detractors, in spite of the naysayers, quit was never a word that registered in Jessy's mind. After hearing all of the impossibilities from every doctor, after barely 48 of hours laying in an intensive care unit, Jessy regained all feeling, all motion, and walked down the Intensive Care Unit hallway under his own power!

Now, 1 year and 8 months later, Jessy Sorensen will prove his never give up attitude as he returns to TV for the first time since breaking his neck at Glory by Honor XII! 100% medically cleared for competition, Sorenson will step into the ring against one of the most intense wrestlers, not just in Ring of Honor but likely in the entire wrestling world: "The Sicilian Psychopath" Tommaso Ciampa!

"What Jessy Sorensen has accomplished is inspiring." said Ciampa to ROHWrestling.com , "He overcame a career ending injury and looked everyone who told him 'never again' in the eye and proved them all wrong. He is an inspiration. None of that will stop me from beating him into the ground to get back on track. I don't know what it feels like to be trapped in a bed thinking you'll never get out but I know the feeling of thinking your career, your dream, is in jeopardy. I came back stronger, better, hungrier and I bet that you're hoping to do the same Jessy. You will be put to the test in Chicago."

"The Sicilian Psychopath" Tommaso Ciampa welcomes Jessy Sorensen to Ring of Honor on October 26th as part of the Glory by Honor XII festivities! It all goes down at The Frontier Fieldhouse and tickets are on-sale now in the ROH Store!

And don't forget, The Squared Circle is helping us celebrate this annual tradition with Meet & Greets and a special bus trip to the event! Click here for more information!

·
Banned
8,267 Posts
Yeah, I read about this earlier and I think it's stupid of ROH to do it.

The guy had a broken neck. If he breaks it again and becomes paralyzed or dies not only is that a terrible thing to have on your conscience but he's going to sue you also thus ending your business.

Definitely not worth the risk on this occasion.

·
The Man
25,723 Posts

The guy had a broken neck. If he breaks it again and becomes paralyzed or dies not only is that a terrible thing to have on your conscience but he's going to sue you also thus ending your business.

:angle

·
Banned
8,267 Posts
I think Kurt is worth the risk because of how big of a star he is and the fact he's had a good amount of time since his last broken neck (His last was 2003, wasn't it?)

With Sorensen he's had this major break of his neck and Doctors have told him not to wrestle again (That's why TNA released him) he's also not a big enough star that he's worth the potential risk.

I think if ROH wanted to use him full time they should of let him spend 6-12 months in the indies first to make sure everything was good.

·
Registered
4,398 Posts
Imo he shouldn't wrestle anymore or do any hard contact sports ever again. It's a shame cause he's a young good worker that looks great too. He's been bulking up a lot since his TNA release. I just hope he doesn't re-injure himself

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Good for him, didn't he say the doctors cleared him months ago? Hopefully he handles himself well.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
Holy crap, ROH pulling a TNA on TNA.

·
Intoner
6,591 Posts
vs. Mike Bennet in permission to use piledriver on the pole match

·
Registered
3,043 Posts

Doctors cleared him

He was medically cleared to wrestle but TNA didn't listen. He's wrestled a few times since leaving TNA.

·
#WoodwardOut #LUHG
15,085 Posts
Hopefully he goes Shane Douglas on TNA.

·
Banned
5,106 Posts
I think Kurt is worth the risk because of how big of a star he is and the fact he's had a good amount of time since his last broken neck (His last was 2003, wasn't it?)

With Sorensen he's had this major break of his neck and Doctors have told him not to wrestle again (That's why TNA released him) he's also not a big enough star that he's worth the potential risk.

I think if ROH wanted to use him full time they should of let him spend 6-12 months in the indies first to make sure everything was good.
That's the most idiotic thing I've ever heard.

·
Banned
6,893 Posts
LOL. "Star" sure gets thrown about lightly these days, doesn't it?

The title of this thread is misleading, as is the story. The title should be "former TNA jobber signs for ROH." You can sum up the whole story with "ROH have booked former TNA marketing guy Jesse Sorenson to wrestle. He joins former WWE referee Mike Posey in the stable Ex-Big Two Forgettables About Whom No Fucks Are Given. Pamela Paulahock will be managing them."

Okay, you can't. But that press release can't be far off...

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Well, I hope everything will be alright for him and he must take a lot of courage to go back on the ring after his injury.

And if I'm not wrong, Tara will also be there

·
EXCELSIOR!
16,114 Posts
Cool to see ROH give him a chance. Following his departure from TNA, Sorensen said that he'd be focusing on bodybuilding before stating that he'd be making only a few appearances on the Florida indies a few months later, so it's interesting to see that he's back on board to doing a full-time wrestling schedule.

A bit curious as to why they're having him face Ciampa though, since his Project Ciampa finisher seems risky to use on someone with a surgically repaired neck.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
in all seriousness though, good luck to the guy, always liked him, shame what happened.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts