Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Post McMahon Era
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last night, former WWE star Charlie Haas posted the following on his Twitter account: "WWE creative is a joke. Way to kill off Daniel Bryan. Your brightest youngest star. Michael Hayes must have written this sh*t. Please retire

There is great talent in WWE, they just don't know how or refuse to write for them all.

When the Monday night wars were going on, everyone on the roster had a story line. From Crash Holly to Stone Cold. Its an easy formula

Look at ROH everyone on the roster has a story line and is used. Not to be biased, but facts are facts.

Every wrestler is unique and brings something to the table, that is what is great about the pro wrestling business.

I'm not done. But am done talking about WWE creative. New chapter. A lot to be thankful for. I am thankful for WWE time and the WWE fans.

All Japan, ROH, JAP, NWA, Perros del Mal, and WGTT tour in France. What a way to finish the year. And a chance to work with Lagana and Corny."
I agree with Hass. That's why The Attitude Era was awesome. Everyone had a storyline. The Tag Team Division was awesome back then, everything was. But now only the main Eventers & upper mid-carders have a storyline. That's why RAW ratings have been bad.

So you CAN'T blame the ratings on one person, you blame it on the WWE Creative Team & the product they provide.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
I completely agree, and was thinking the same thing last night. If they needed to feed someone to Sheamus, why not just pick a local jobber? Not that hard, is it? "No, of course not. But, let's ruin Bryan Danielson instead."

Ridiculous.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
No doubt some people will come in here accusing Haas of being bitter but I see where he's coming from.

Ah, if Haas and Benjamin were fronting the tag division right now ...

·
Celestial Messiah
33,588 Posts
Fuck Michael Hayes? Fuck you Charlie Haas. That guy is actually a pretty brilliant booker.

And ROH has pretty dull storylines alot of the time. Honestly, I can barely tell half those guys apart. And barely any of them are capable of showing any emotion.

But yeah, the attitude era did have alot of storylines. Like Mae Young giving birth to the hand and Mark Henry was the dad. Genius.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
One squash match by a guy that is supposed to squash little guys and everyone freaks out.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
One squash match by a guy that is supposed to squash little guys and everyone freaks out.
Let's take out the fact that it's Danielson, and everyone loves him.

The point is that they had Sheamus completely destroy the guy carrying what they keep bringing up as an incredibly prestigious title, the United States Championship. They should be building the champ as a dominant mid-carder capable of winning every match down there, while losing to main-eventers after very solid match-ups. That's the way it should be, not what they did.

Just my opinion, anyway.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,810 Posts
A lot of those "storylines" from the Attitude Era were crap, though. I like the idea in principle of using just about everyone while they're active and can be used, but WWE is approaching things differently today. It's why the WWE Champion, Randy Orton, could only appear in the last seconds of last night's show. The truth is Raw's been quite busy with storylines at all levels of the card. Michael Hayes is generally Smackdown's top booker, but I do know he carries a lot of weight (no pun intended) on Raw.

We still don't know if--if--there will be retribution next week for Bryan against Sheamus, or anything for that matter. If it doesn't happen, then it doesn't happen, but if it does, all this talk of Bryan being utterly buried seems premature.

Giving Yoshi Tatsu a storyline probably wouldn't do much for Raw's ratings. I'd like to see it, I'd like to see guys like Primo and others get more exposure and storylines but last night's Raw is an example of a show having to follow the lead rather than bury it (which was all about Cena and Nexus).

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts

The point is that they had Sheamus completely destroy the guy carrying what they keep bringing up as an incredibly prestigious title, the United States Championship. They should be building the champ as a dominant mid-carder capable of winning every match down there, while losing to main-eventers after very solid match-ups. That's the way it should be, not what they did.

Just my opinion, anyway.
This.

Giving Yoshi Tatsu a storyline probably wouldn't do much for Raw's ratings. I'd like to see it, I'd like to see guys like Primo and others get more exposure and storylines but last night's Raw is an example of a show having to follow the lead rather than bury it (which was all about Cena and Nexus).
I'm not saying this meant that RAW's ratings were good but I watched some RAW episodes from about March 99 to May 99 over the weekend and the shows were the same amount of time as Monday Night RAW and they had 2 major storylines going on (The Ministry of Darkness and Austin vs. Rock) and even with those, they managed to have pretty much the whole roster in a storyline and give it enough time to get exposure. The show wasn't just all Austin vs. Rock or Ministry and all of the matches besides the 2 feuds weren't squash matches and the only backstage segments weren't just about them. Everyone got their chance to shine.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
That's why I think some low- to lower-mid-card feuds and storylines should be built on Superstars. What's that show right now, really? 4 matches that no one gives a damn about, that have no reason at all to even be taking place, and "oh, hey, look at what happened on Raw!" That's it. Give me a reason to watch the show every week, and actually use the TV time you have.

·
Premium Member
4,216 Posts
Young Charles just sounds like an angry Bryan mark. I really don't see why people are freaking out about Sheamus "squashing" Bryan, especially if it leads to a feud between the two.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,588 Posts
The Attitude Era may have involved alot of people, but 99% of the reason people tuned in, and what everything bacially revolved around, was Austin, Vince and The Rock. Everything else didnt matter. And adding more people just made it more of a clusterfuck.

Example, which nWo does everyone remember? Hogan, Nash and Hall in 96. Or the one that included half the WCW roster in 98/99?

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Fuck Michael Hayes? Fuck you Charlie Haas. That guy is actually a pretty brilliant booker.

And ROH has pretty dull storylines alot of the time. Honestly, I can barely tell half those guys apart. And barely any of them are capable of showing any emotion.But yeah, the attitude era did have alot of storylines. Like Mae Young giving birth to the hand and Mark Henry was the dad. Genius.
ROH does have great story lines ,this year was a solid year in terms of their storylines and progession.Steen/Generico has been the best fued of this year.You must not watch roh a lot if your not able to tell them apart.ROH also base a lot there matches on pure emotion ,I hate to draw from the Steen/Generico fued again but this is the most emotive fued i'v seen in ages.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
How in the fuck did Sheamus squash Bryan when he LOST? He completely broke the rules to take out his aggression that had built from the night before, and if anything will probably help Bryan with the babyface sympathy pop.

That's completely aside from the fact that we have absolutely no idea if Sheamus and Bryan are gonna work a program this month, or follow up on the match in some way.

Oh, and it does Sheamus absolutely no good crushing a jobber, and actually makes him look decent beating on someone thats been made to look a real threat since his Summerslam return.

In the words of Haas, 'don't be such a mark'.

·
Registered
8,335 Posts

Just my opinion, anyway.
Totally agree, it wasn't just Danielson they hurt, it was Morrison and Miz too, both lost to Danielson the night before and Miz has been made Danielsons bitch since he came back at SummerSlam, Miz is supposed to be the next big thing in the WWE, way to make him look cheap in my opinion.

It didn't do those three or the US Title any favours what so ever, I must also conceed I do understand the need to make Sheamus look as big, bad and reckless as possible, I just felt the execution of it was poor, why not do it to R-Truth or even the Hart Dynasty

·
Celestial Messiah
33,588 Posts
ROH does have great story lines ,this year was a solid year in terms of their storylines and progession.Steen/Generico has been the best fued of this year.You must not watch roh a lot if your not able to tell them apart.ROH also base a lot there matches on pure emotion ,I hate to draw from the Steen/Generico fued again but this is the most emotive fued i'v seen in ages.
Is that the blood/chairshot/steel chain feud? Because if so, that sounds quite excellent.

·
New Game. New Rules. New Era.
4,440 Posts
Thats not the point.

The point is that there are at least 35 raw superstars. How many of them have legit storylines going on right now? Last night's Raw centered around Cena-Barret. Did anyone else even exist?

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Is that the blood/chairshot/steel chain feud? Because if so, that sounds quite excellent.
Thats the one.

It honestly has been a great fued ,accumlating for months resulting in a excellent Steen heel turn.Corino's involvement has been great too ,some of the best promos i'v seen in ages.It's the crazy sadaistic Steen vs the one of the most sympatic wrestlers in the world the form of Generico.The year long fued is a slow building excellent fued ,the stipulation for their next match is immensley engrossing too.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts