Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought Nakamura was supposed to be a good wrestler. Why does WWE insist on keeping him out of matches? He's wrestled the same guy (Ziggler) a bunch of times and it was nothing special. Other than that, everything else has been a tag team match or has had some kind of interference.

Then MITB comes around and he's taken out of the match until literally the final, what, 5 minutes?

Surely if Nakamura is supposed to be good he should be making some good matches at least every month like AJ is, right?

Or maybe... he's not actually very good at all. :wow

It's almost as if when WWE puts him into a big match, he lets everyone down, and they know it, so they'll keep him to his hyped entrance and smacking people with a couple of slightly stiff looking knees for some pops and then disappear or something.

That's really the only explanation as to why they've kept him away from long matches since his debut on WWE TV.

·
Banned
3,375 Posts
I thought Nakamura was supposed to be a good wrestler. Why does WWE insist on keeping him out of matches? He's wrestled the same guy (Ziggler) a bunch of times and it was nothing special. Other than that, everything else has been a tag team match or has had some kind of interference.

Then MITB comes around and he's taken out of the match until literally the final, what, 5 minutes?

Surely if Nakamura is supposed to be good he should be making some good matches at least every month like AJ is, right?

Or maybe... he's not actually very good at all. :wow

It's almost as if when WWE puts him into a big match, he lets everyone down, and they know it, so they'll keep him to his hyped entrance and smacking people with a couple of slightly stiff looking knees for some pops and then disappear or something.

That's really the only explanation as to why they've kept him away from long matches since his debut on WWE TV.
Well said. They paying bust nakamura big bucks so they are trying their hardest to protect and get him over.

·
Registered
14,792 Posts
Did it occur to anyone that WWE only signed him to take him away from the competition? And now that they've done that, you expect WWE to bother trying to make him look good? How much money has WWE "used"/wasted in the past taking talent from other organizations just to hurt those organizations? It should be said the first step is a wise enough idea taking them away, but where WWE fails is the using them after, that's where the waste comes in. But hey, as long as it hurts the "other guy" right? I mean hell, WWE can't even use their own talent to their fullest potential, the ones they actually built.

Styles was the exception, they have actually made use of him, and well. I'm not exactly sure why he was the one example of having it done right, maybe he just drew a lucky straw or something.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Nakamura could have had five star matches with Naito, Omega, and Okada on what is now NJPW's rise and now he is just a guy on Smackdown's sinking rating's ship. lmao

·
Baby It's Violence
8,669 Posts
It's curious how little he does wrestle, but I'm happy they actually value him enough to protect him how they're doing. Right now, they have almost nobody who really seems special on either roster, and I think for now anyway (until they ruin him, because WWE booking and Creative), he seems special in that he's only wrestling on certain occasions.

Also, what they did in the MITB match was pretty great. Corbin got some great heel heat for denying the fans his entrance, and then when he comes back as the babyface wanting revenge on Corbin, the place erupts.

And realistically, I don't expect him to be the Nakamura in japan who had insane matches with guys like Kota Ibushi. Also, it's hard to judge everything on just the Ziggler stuff. He looked good in the tag matches. :shrug

·
Registered
9 Posts

Or maybe... he's not actually very good at all.

Why? Simple. Cause Vince didn't make him.

·
14,733 Posts
Did it occur to anyone that WWE only signed him to take him away from the competition? And now that they've done that, you expect WWE to bother trying to make him look good? How much money has WWE "used"/wasted in the past taking talent from other organizations just to hurt those organizations? It should be said the first step is a wise enough idea taking them away, but where WWE fails is the using them after, that's where the waste comes in. But hey, as long as it hurts the "other guy" right? I mean hell, WWE can't even use their own talent to their fullest potential, the ones they actually built.

Styles was the exception, they have actually made use of him, and well. I'm not exactly sure why he was the one example of having it done right, maybe he just drew a lucky straw or something.
Dont forget these guys willingly sign contracts to the E. That being said nakamura is too big a star to risk being injured clearly. It could be argued AJ is too risk putting in a ladder match too but AJ is a pioneer of the ultimate X.

It's not that Nak is being misused and buried his just being used sparingly cause Vince wants to squeeze as much money out of him as he can

·
Let's talk about six, baby.
8,445 Posts
Nakamura is an older guy and has no experience in ladder matches. They probably didn't want to risk injury. He looked pretty nervous and unsure of himself on that ladder during the go home show.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
He's over. Stupidly over.

But apparently we're not supposed to like guys who are so charismatic that even their entrance makes people hype.

Dude was in the ring for like 5 minutes and the crowd was going apeshit.

But apparently we're not supposed to get hype.

Average to you guys.

Actual entertainment for everyone else.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I haven't watched much of Nakamura before he came to the WWE, but right now Nakamura has a smaller move set than John Cena. Either the WWE is afraid he is going to get hurt, hurt someone else, or they just won't let him wrestle his own style.

·
tombstone blues
14,292 Posts
You could, you know, watch some of his matches before he came to NXT to see if he's any good.

Not even matches from like 10 years ago or something, matches from the year before he came to NXT.

It isn't Nakamura that booked Nakamura in a shit feud with Ziggler and it isn't Nakamura that made the decision to soften his wrestling style. We finally got to get a (very) little taste of what he's capable of when he and Styles were going at it and the crowd was losing its mind because both of them can WORK (unlike Oxi :p).

1 - 20 of 52 Posts