Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Former ECW Champion Jerry Lynn is backstage at the TNA Impact tapings. At this point, he is the only former ECW wrestler backstage that doesn't normally work for TNA.

Powell's POV: Lynn is expected to film a segment to set up his Hardcore Justice pay-per-view match against Rob Van Dam.
Former ECW Champion Sandman is backstage at the TNA Impact taping and is scheduled to appear on tonight's show.

Powell's POV: It wouldn't be an ECW reunion show without Sandman. Okay, so technically it's not an ECW reunion as far as the TNA lawyers are concerned, but I'm sure you know what I'm saying.
Sandman on Impact, wooo

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Interesting, looks like they're going to announce a few new names before the PPV rather than try and surprise everyone like they usually do. It is probably the best decision from a TNA standpoint.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Delighted to see Lynn back on tv ,he's in better condition than he was in his last tna stint.Can't say i'm delighted to see sandman again but i can say that about nearly all the ecw wrestler resurfacing in tna.Hopefully Lynn works a match tonight anyway.

·
Premium Member
15,437 Posts
Powell needs to stop giving his POV no one gives a shit.

Oh and atleast they are giving RVD/Lynn some build lol.

·
Banned
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Delighted to see Lynn back on tv ,he's in better condition than he was in his last tna stint.Can't say i'm delighted to see sandman again but i can say that about nearly all the ecw wrestler resurfacing in tna.Hopefully Lynn works a match tonight anyway.
He will win, and a lot of people here will complain..

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
He will win, and a lot of people here will complain..
It's very stupid if anyone complains ,tna have to build up his match with rvd in someway.I don't really see why anyone should complain,lynn even at his age can work a better match than half on tna's roster.

·
Banned
8,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hope this PPV flops hard.

^^I wouldn't mind Lynn squashing someone like Amazing Red.
It's very stupid if anyone complains ,tna have to build up his match with rvd in someway.I don't really see why anyone should complain,lynn even at his age can work a better match than half on tna's roster.

There will be a lot of bitching, though. The comments will be like OMGZZ WHY IS THIS WASHED UP HAS BEEN BURYING THE HOMEGROWN TALENT, TNA YOU FUCKING SUCK

Look out for the bandwaggon fans.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I hope this PPV flops hard.

^^I wouldn't mind Lynn squashing someone like Amazing Red.
Sounds like a good plan if they gave it a little story revolving around how Lynn and Red were tag team champions back in the day.

Although if Lynn does get a match he'd probably just beat Kazarian or Wolfe instead...

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I know this has been asked a million times but ive still not seen a worthwhile answer. What the fuck has any of this ECW stuff got to do with TNA?

and also, why is the actual TNA ppv free on Impact the next day?

·
GIANTS
2,647 Posts
I know this has been asked a million times but ive still not seen a worthwhile answer. What the fuck has any of this ECW stuff got to do with TNA?

and also, why is the actual TNA ppv free on Impact the next day?
Here is what I could see happening at Hardcore Justice:

At the end of the show, Dreamer and others are in the ring and turn heel by saying, "Dixie, you were dumb enough to let us in, now you're going to have to get us to leave."
Have the TNA guys then attack ECW and you have yourselves a stables war that could sustain itself until Bound For Glory.

Also it's not really a PPV, it's only 2 hours and will be on Thursday like normal. More wrestling and less backstage stuff=WIN for the fans

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
There will be a lot of bitching, though. The comments will be like OMGZZ WHY IS THIS WASHED UP HAS BEEN BURYING THE HOMEGROWN TALENT, TNA YOU FUCKING SUCK

Look out for the bandwaggon fans.
This is defiently gonna be the situation allright.To me Lynn is one of the only ecw wrestlers who isn't washed up.He's a ledgend in his own right and it would be stupid for tna not to have him go over a wrestler before headlining a ppv.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts

At the end of the show, Dreamer and others are in the ring and turn heel by saying, "Dixie, you were dumb enough to let us in, now you're going to have to get us to leave."
Have the TNA guys then attack ECW and you have yourselves a stables war that could sustain itself until Bound For Glory.

Also it's not really a PPV, it's only 2 hours and will be on Thursday like normal. More wrestling and less backstage stuff=WIN for the fans
I stand corrected. I was assuming it will be taped on Monday.

Your idea isnt too bad but I dont have a great deal of faith in the TNA bookers coming up with that. The only way I can see this being any good is if James Mitchell returns and has something to do with the Abyss storyline. If he brings along Tajiri then im ok with that too. Overall though, I think the idea would have been best left alone.

·
GIANTS
2,647 Posts
I stand corrected. I was assuming it will be taped on Monday.

Your idea isnt too bad but I dont have a great deal of faith in the TNA bookers coming up with that. The only way I can see this being any good is if James Mitchell returns and has something to do with the Abyss storyline. If he brings along Tajiri then im ok with that too. Overall though, I think the idea would have been best left alone.
It will be taped on the Monday after Hardcore Justice, but will be on Thursday like normal :agree:

Let's be honest with this Abyss storyline, while interesting, TNA has effed up storylines too many times for me to invest anything into "they". James Mitchell, Judas Mesias, and Sting make the most since but most would probably consider it a letdown. Personally, I wish they would've kept Samoa Joe out longer and had him return with other disgruntled workers as "they". You could have people that Jarrett and Hogan screwed over in TNA, such as Daniels, Monty Brown, and others attack Hogan/Bischoff regime.

But for now, set the bar low! It's TNA :rolleyes:

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts

So you'll have 2 hours of only ECW guys fighting each other, then at the end they are all buddies and turn heel? Usually fans cheer for the cool faction that invades a company. Not to mention they are all well known wrestlers, people have nostalgic feelings towards them. This whole ECW thing is just very unoriginal and seems to lack any real direction.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Interesting, looks like they're going to announce a few new names before the PPV rather than try and surprise everyone like they usually do. It is probably the best decision from a TNA standpoint.
Yeah, I remember them saying a couple days ago that they would be announcing who's involved on the Impact before the show.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts