Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Banned
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
They want to kill him!! :eek:

Fueling rumors that WWE may part ways with Randy Orton as a result of his second violation of the Talent Wellness Program, former WCW announcer Mark Madden stated Thursday on Twitter, "WWE wants to get rid of Orton PERMANENTLY. Character and popularity have plateaued, and he's a pain to deal with."

In response to his statement, a Twitter user asked Madden whether Vince McMahon has suddenly stopped liking money. Madden responded, "Vince thinks everybody is a WWE creation, and therefore disposable, to be replaced by another WWE creation. And you're overrating Orton."

The Wrestling Observer reported Wednesday that there is a 'small, vocal pocket' within the sports entertainment organization lobbying for his termination. Vince McMahon is reportedly contemplating the move, but many employees believe he will ultimately retain the nine-time world champion due to the lack of roster depth.

The Observer added that there are people within WWE saying Orton's hiatus 'isn't going to be that big a problem.' For the first time, employees are openly categorizing CM Punk as the second-ranked babyface rather than Punk and Orton being on the same level. Many also feel SmackDown's babyface side will be adequate with Sheamus, Christian, Sin Cara, Rey Mysterio returning soon from suspension and the option to turn Daniel Bryan at a moment's notice.

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe...ts_To_Get_Rid_Of_Randy_Orton_Permanently.html

ok maybe not death but still, Punk as much as i hate him has Surpassed Orton,

Would they can him u think though??

·
Premium Member
15,068 Posts
I don't think it's that they want to get rid of him, as much as it may be does Orton even want to stay.

I mean, the guy has always been second place to Cena but now WWE is putting Punk and Sheamus above him. He hasn't been booked in a meaningful feud this year and floats around at the mid card level. So, IMO, Orton is only failing these tests because he simply doesn't care. Also, I doubt he will ever get a strike 3, as WWE still needs him to balance out the starpower between both shows. So, I don't think WWE will ever flat out release him. I just think Orton will quit, has a family and likely is financially set, I'm assuming he doesn't need WWE as much as they need him, at the moment.

·
Banned
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
if he does get the 3rd Strike would WWE ever let him back in??

is it for life? even if it isnt this sucks for orton, he wont get paid anywhere else this much and WWE are assholes as it is let alone if he gets let go and comes back

EDIT-thanks stayfresh

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
Vince loves Randy...period. He's been pushing him since 2003, he's not going to release him. If anything he'll arrange some downtime for Randy, tell him to go home for awhile and pay him to sit at home until he smartens up. But Vince invested too much into Randy and there's still some money on the table if Randy turns heel to feud with Punk & Sheamus, so hell naw he not releasing Randy.

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
He won't get rid of him, but I sure wish he would. Seeing him in TNA with another top tier talent would be a nice shakeup in wrestling.

·
Premium Member
15,068 Posts
if he does get the 3rd Strike would WWE ever let him back in??

is it for life? even if it isnt this sucks for orton, he wont get paid anywhere else this much and WWE are assholes as it is let alone if he gets let go and comes back

EDIT-thanks stayfresh
In the event a guy does get his 3rd strike, he'll be fired and won't be possible to resign for a whole year, giving that he can pass a drug test to come back to the company. Also, he'll start with 2 strikes on his record again.

But seriously, if Orton leaves WWE, it will be highly unlikely he works for TNA, as I believe Orton will just retire from the business due to injuries and concussions. Either way, I doubt WWE will give him a 3rd strike and are intent on bringing him back. I just don't believe Orton's heart is in the business anymore.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
No a third strike is not forever... I believe Chris Master returned after a third strike. One when he was in development, one which lead to a halt in his push and spelled the end of the masterlock challenge, and once more which lead to his firing the first time only to be brought back a while later and released again.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
They're not going to get rid of Randy Orton.

And while I'm not even gonna try to make an argument that him going to TNA would matter at all - since they already had Jeff Hardy at the peak of his popularity and fucked that up - you still don't want to have the guy who's been the 2nd most marketed guy in your company the past several years to be in the free agent pool. Even Hardy, for as over as he was, had only recently been pushed when he was let go, and had no major singles title matches to speak of on the WrestleMania/SummerSlam/etc. level. Orton, on the other hand, while not nearly as big a star as Cena, is just as accomplished and has been just as big a part of the WWE's recent history.

I don't see it happening at all. They might push him down the card, but they won't push him out the door.

·
Premium Member
15,068 Posts
They're not going to get rid of Randy Orton.

And while I'm not even gonna try to make an argument that him going to TNA would matter at all - since they already had Jeff Hardy at the peak of his popularity and fucked that up - you still don't want to have the guy who's been the 2nd most marketed guy in your company the past several years to be in the free agent pool. Even Hardy, for as over as he was, had only recently been pushed when he was let go, and had no major singles title matches to speak of on the WrestleMania/SummerSlam/etc. level. Orton, on the other hand, while not nearly as big a star as Cena, is just as accomplished and has been just as big a part of the WWE's recent history.

I don't see it happening at all. They might push him down the card, but they won't push him out the door.
But do you think a guy like Orton would remain with WWE with a less than significant role? Not to mention, it's highly unlikely he'll even be in the business in 5 years.

Honestly, I don't see Orton coming back but if he does, he'll be gone by WM 30. The guy has done so much, had numerous concussions and just appears to have lost motivation not only in WWE, but for wrestling period.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Oh my God Tazz, what is Randy Orwell doing in the Impact Zone?!?

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
WHAT!?? Thats crazy. I mean, Orton is a big name, "was" their "second in command" if you will, and now they are saying he is replaceable at a moments notice yet are only keeping him due to lack of roster depth as the put it? That makes no sense.

·
Banned
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mcmahon has gotten rid of MANY other greats throughout the years

orton aint shit, if he already is a Hassle then they may have had enough, i would never rule that out.

1 - 20 of 146 Posts