Wrestling Forum banner

Forgotten Gems

6426 Views 38 Replies 29 Participants Last post by  Pareshx
*Taka Michinoku vs Triple H for the WWF Title from Raw (year unknown)...epic match this shows you what H could really do against a smaller more agile opponent. Taka was excellent here and the match was competitive not the squash match it sounds like. (JR cheering for Taka and the crowd was into it)
*The Hurricane vs The Rock hilarious match and exciting (Raw; 2003)(Rock was clowning) and it told an excellent story (JR really, really puts over the Hurricane)
*Triple H vs Chris Benoit (SD; 2000) good match. Benoit (who was new) matched up with the World Champ and the champ needs help to win.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

· The One Who Knocks
5,640 Posts
I remember the Taka match you're talking about, though I thought it was on SmackDown. For all the grief people give Triple H, in 2000 he did something neither Austin or Rock would ever dare to do, which is not only wrestle a midcarder in a title match, but actually put them over to the point you actually believed for a second that Triple H might lose. He had a similar match with Al Snow that year.

It's probably not forgotten by anyone that watched it, but since one of its participants is so obscure at this point I'll add Triple H vs. Shelton Benjamin from Raw in 2004, where Shelton pinned Triple H clean. I have never in my life been so shocked at the result of a wrestling match. It was completely out of the blue.

· Registered
5,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
*Rob Van Dam vs Undertaker (Undisputed Title Raw; 2002) good match from both guys and you would think RVD wouldve been a made man after this.
*Bret Hitman Hart vs 1-2-3 Kid (WWF title, Raw: 1993 I think) this was an excellent match. Shows you how talented that bum Waltman can really be if he wanted to.
Shelton vs H was a great match too I enjoyed all their matches.
*Goldberg vs Shawn Michaels (WHC, Raw; 2003) these 2 guys did a good job it was better than I expected. I was surprised the ending was expected though.

· Registered
2,765 Posts
See, this is why it pissed me off when Wrestling Observer (I think that was it?) named HHH as the most overrated wrestler, saying things like he doesn't put anyone over and only has 4-5 moves. The guy that wrote that was obviously a HHH hater.

· Registered
751 Posts
Eddie vs Edge Smacdown 02 NO DQ Match

· Banned
18,124 Posts
Kurt Angle vs Edge (Judgment Day 2002)

· Registered
243 Posts
See, this is why it pissed me off when Wrestling Observer (I think that was it?) named HHH as the most overrated wrestler, saying things like he doesn't put anyone over and only has 4-5 moves. The guy that wrote that was obviously a HHH hater.
There's a book out there you should look into that depicts the damage HHH did to the WWE from 2002-2005. He burried Kane, Nash, Michaels, Orton (almost irreversibly), Eugene, Booker T, others I can't remember off the top of my head, while only putting over Shelton Benjamin and Batista. HHH isn't the most overrated, but he's definitely a total mark for himself and it shows when he's in the ring.

· Registered
4,666 Posts
There's a book out there you should look into that depicts the damage HHH did to the WWE from 2002-2005. He burried Kane, Nash, Michaels, Orton (almost irreversibly), Eugene, Booker T, others I can't remember off the top of my head, while only putting over Shelton Benjamin and Batista. HHH isn't the most overrated, but he's definitely a total mark for himself and it shows when he's in the ring.
What book? Where can I get it?

· Registered
801 Posts
Rey Mysterio vs. Eddie Guerrero at SummerSlam 2005(Ladder match)
Very good PPV that no one seems to remember, and this match was the highlight of the event for me.

· Registered
6,278 Posts
To me, there are at least a dozen matches from Smackdown in 2002 that fit the bill. Basically, any match that featured some combination of the Smackdown Six (Benoit, Angle, Edge, Mysterio, Eddie, Chavo) was bound to be very good.

· Registered
5,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
To me, there are at least a dozen matches from Smackdown in 2002 that fit the bill. Basically, any match that featured some combination of the Smackdown Six (Benoit, Angle, Edge, Mysterio, Eddie, Chavo) was bound to be very good.
There was a triple threat match between Angle vs Benoit vs Mysterio is was on Rey's 1st dvd that was an excellent match

Mysterio vs Angle from Summerslam 02 was another absolute classic

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.