Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things
8,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People keep mentioning that Mexican JBL should be World Champion which is ridiculous to begin with. Over the last few weeks though and especially after Raw and Smackdown I truly believe that Dolph Ziggler should be a main eventer and a World Champion sooner rather than later. Dolph has the ability to put on a great match with anyone and has proven it where as Mexican JBL hasn't had enough singles matches yet for me to even have a true opinion on his in ring talent. He just put on one of the better singles matches Cena has had all year. I think a Ziggler/Edge feud could be great and could be a great idea for the Rumble. All I feel Ziggler really needs is to drop Vickie and start talking more and he could go to that next level.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Vickie will drop Ziggler to become face.

While it may not be exactly Ziggler's time compared to ADR, Ziggler's gonan get to that next level.

Also, hopefully (y'know since, it IS the WWE).

·
Registered
603 Posts
Except that, you know "Mexican JBL" has more personality in his left ass cheek than Ziggler could ever
Whats Dolph's gimmick besides his name? and being arrogant?

·
Registered
11,840 Posts
ill take Mexican JBL Over Billy Gun 2.0

I have grown to respect Ziggler in the ring but he'd be no where with out vickie,

and he is the weakest booked IC champion since Santino

·
8,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats the thing though, JBL wasn't a sadistic fuck like Del Rio is
He isn't doing anything different than what Drew McIntyre did earlier this year or Jack Swagger. Hell Drew went after Christian's shoulder and Matt Hardy's head and went insane. There he didn't even have to watch a different show or a different year for that idea. Oh and JBL trying to murder John Cena was sadistic.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,822 Posts
A slow build for Ziggler is better than a quickie, as we learned with his glorious chase of the Intercontinental Championship for over a year.

Let him go through something similar for a world championship from spring 2011 through spring/summer 2012 and then we'll see. But I agree that Ziggler is becoming a future star before our eyes at the moment and has proven he's one of the best in-ring workers WWE has to offer.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
ziggler is starting to get built properly, he doesn't get to abruptly jump into the ME scene, otherwise he'll crash horribly

hate him or like him, ADR is getting over with the crowd and with the vast mayority of people like us, you should be a bit more patient

·
8,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes and Mexican JBL being put into a main event spot pretty much immediately with no build up isn't abrupt at all. I think all of the Mexican JBL marks need way more patience than myself in this scenario. The guy hasn't done anything and if he would have won at TLC I would have been in the minority in thinking it was way too soon. It would have almost been as bad as Sheamus winning at TLC last year. Lets see what he can do in a feud that isn't with another Hispanic guy and how he does in a singles match on PPV before he is even a full fledged main event guy.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,036 Posts
Yes I would much rather see Dolph Ziggler get pushed tbh. The guy has really impressed me this year, and the only thing now for him is to go to the Main Event. I was hoping that Ziggler could have a main event fued first before transitioning to the World Title scene, but first he has to lose the I.C Championship.

·
Premium Member
4,757 Posts
Del Rio oozes charisma, everything about his character and the way he portrays it makes you stand up and notice this guy. Dolph is good and I am a huge fan of his but compared to Del rio character wise, he's boring.

·
Ho!
17,494 Posts
Ziggler doesn't have the personality Del Rio has but I like him in ring a lot more. Ziggler's matches and style of offense are usually exciting. I remember when he had his (first?) match with Batista and took Batista to the limit when no one thought he would. I've been keeping tabs on him since that match, and then he had a similar showing with Jeff Hardy. I've been hoping since then WWE would really build this guy up, and I'm happy he finally is getting built up.

Ziggler isn't a great mic worker, but he's still average. Doesn't matter to me whether Del Rio or Ziggler gets the title next, as long as Edge keeps the strap till at least Mania. I would prefer Del Rio just because he has a lot more personality and he can put on good matches consistently, but I could dig Ziggler as champ by the end of 2011 as well.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
I'm actually surprised someone still thinks a criteria to becoming World Champion is the amount of things you've done in the company.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts