Votes: 22 44.0%
  • No, you sick freak; keep your opinions to yourself

Votes: 28 56.0%
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Foreign wrestlers like Yoshi Tatsu should be able to cut pre-taped promos with subtitles. It might be weird at first, but I think the fans would eventually acclimate and accept the style. Wrestlers like Tatsu would have more degrees of expression- being able to convey humor and personality- rather than just broken English promos. I think it would also help in creating the international feel that WWE pushes for.

Bad idea?

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
this is the equvilent to asking the english speaking world to give up on stereotypes, i dont see that happening any time soon

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Well it would have been nice to see a Scott Steiner promo with subtitles.

I of course understand The Great Khali, but for those who don't, he should have had subtitles as well.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Well it would have been nice to see a Scott Steiner promo with subtitles.

I of course understand The Great Khali, but for those who don't, he should have had subtitles as well.
Doesn't he just growl and then his manager,whoever it is,does the talking?

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
Foreign wrestlers like Yoshi Tatsu should be able to cut pre-taped promos with subtitles. It might be weird at first, but I think the fans would eventually acclimate and accept the style. Wrestlers like Tatsu would have more degrees of expression- being able to convey humor and personality- rather than just broken English promos. I think it would also help in creating the international feel that WWE pushes for.

Bad idea?
Indeed.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Promos are at least 50% crowd reaction. With subtitled promos there would be no reaction and they wouldn't get over from them. Having managers translate ala Runjin Singh is a much better solution.

·
Registered
21,650 Posts
What's the point? WWE write everyones promo's anyway so they'll just be saying the exact same as everyone as, as if we're not tired of that already.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Wouldn't be that stupid I think. I think a Promo by for example Tatsu would be better with subs.

·
Registered
757 Posts
I would be for this, if I didn't think that it might hurt the wrestler and turn them into a comedic character

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
It would only work for comedic purposes, like Kaientai with their "Indeed" stuff.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Done tastefully it could work!! Especially for the 'silent types'

·
Banned
177 Posts
No, you sick freak; keep your opinions to yourself

i hate subtitles

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Lucha Libre USA does this now. So, when the new season starts off, watch Lucha Libre and see if you like it. Then assume WWE would do it worse.

Personally, I like it and think it's done well on Lucha Libre.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts