Wrestling Forum banner

61 - 80 of 176 Posts

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
Basically, smarks don't matter, which is nothing new.

But the excuses should be entertaining.
SHHHHHHH don't tell this guy that the majority of the audience that actually attends WrestleMania are the "smarks" or the "hardcores" or whatever term you are using for "them"

:eyeroll

·
Registered
517 Posts
Didnt everyone say that WM31 was going to be a trainwreck too? That turned out to be pretty damn good

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
keyfabe though, just like WM18 where the keyfabe main event was HHH/Jericho but everyone knows what match they wanted to see most that night

the real main event is Shane/Taker, the stakes in the match makes it the main match of the show, I'd be surprise if it didn't close out WM
Probably, but nobody fucking knew last year that Shane o fuckin Mac would return and shake things up,

·
Is a Snit Head
22,154 Posts
I'll be honest, he was the nail in the coffin on why I didn't go last year. I was talking with my brother and friend about if we wanted to go and the discussion ended with my brother saying, "I don't want to spend thousands of dollars to see Roman Reigns beat Brock Lesnar. That will be awful." We agreed and didn't go.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Didnt everyone say that WM31 was going to be a trainwreck too? That turned out to be pretty damn good
Apparently with Reigns vs HHH the smarks said they couldnt sell out half of the stadium haha

They are proved wrong again. Reigns vs HHH is a draw. So is Taker vs Shane. :grin2:

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I'll be honest, he was the nail in the coffin on why I didn't go last year. I was talking with my brother and friend about if we wanted to go and the discussion ended with my brother saying, "I don't want to spend thousands of dollars to see Roman Reigns beat Brock Lesnar. That will be awful." We agreed and didn't go.
Thank god for that. The faster people like you stop going the better for all involved.

·
Banned
9,176 Posts
Reactions: Shenroe

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
Its a triple main event involving 6 different guys, not just him. Plus the Mania spectacle/brand itself is a draw. You could swap Reigns for just about anybody in that match and its not gonna make a huge difference.

·
Yep, that is how dancing Becky looks like...
641 Posts
You and your brother never spoken each other again after WM31 I guess? :sip

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
I've been in these kind of forums for a few years, and every single year people always say the same: "WM is going to suck" "this will be the worst WM of all time", etc. And the show always ends up being amazing, despite what people say. I believe this year is going to be no different. Plus this years RTWM has been the best in recent years, for the first time i feel happy with the build up. It definitely deserves to be sold out and im sure it will be an amazing show.

·
Registered
14,228 Posts
That article to me looks like one massive mark using a large printed media as his own attack platform with well chosen spin and half truths. In other words, same old shit internet argument, different scale.

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
I would like to see Forbes article in May when Reigns vs. Strowman are in the ring with a half full house and nobody watching on TV. Will the 'Roman Reigns' drama be a footnote then?

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Mania is the draw, especially the spectacle of Mania in Jerry's World.

Article is dumb.

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
Im a cocky person but even Im amazed at the cockiness of those who post on this board. Have any of you stop and thougt that maybe you might be wrong. Maybe WWE is right here?

·
FOTC
10,750 Posts

I bought my tickets back on November for $300 each (Section 13). Right now if I sell them on Stubhub I can get anywhere from $700-$900 for them each. Even the upper deck seats are expensive. There seems to be a demand for WM 32 tickets.

Also, Roman's VIP session seems to be sold out.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
It's Forbes. Can't take them seriously with their recent gaffes reporting on certain sports teams and their finances. Besides since when and why are they covering WWE anyways?

·
Premium Member
1,699 Posts
One person doesn't make a show FFS. Many many people will be going either out of habit, for a holiday or just because they love WWE. The amount of people going to just see Reigns is hardly worth mentioning. And i'd say the same goes for most wrestlers. Would I watch Mania if Lesnar wasn't on the card? Yep. Taker? Yep. Shane? Yep.

I really don't get this whole argument that WWE has sold 84000 tickets so it must mean that Reigns is a huge draw.

61 - 80 of 176 Posts