Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed a lot of negativity in the Raw section about the current storyline and last-night's developments. So I wanted to make a thread to try and fish out those like me... Supermarks... who really enjoyed it.

So yeah...

Wow, last RAW was absolutely amazing. The plot thickens! Since I've been watching WWE again, I've not liked Triple H. His attitude era history had me thinking "Right, this guy is a cunning, evil twat and CM Punk is soo right about him being in the conspiracy."

Last night changed it. He cut a great promo, had the fans, or at least, the supermarks, in the palm of his hand. And then Cena comes out! His bit on the mic was awesome, it had me really pumped and Triple H's reaction was great. Then Sheamus comes out, shows his support (my second favourite wrestler currently,) and then of course, who came out? Only the Best in the World!

<Look in my eyes! What do ya see...>

I knew he'd come out. I knew he'd big enough to admit that he'd been wrong about Triple H before. His promo was fantastic, I totally understood where he was coming from. To see all my favourite stars stood in the ring with Triple H, and the way they tried to give the fans a show regardless...

Well...

Triple H has turned me into a fan. I'm totally on his side now. (If he turns heel, I'm gonna flip!)

So it's Cena vs Sheamus with Triple H as the referee - CM Punk on commentary. You've gotta ask yourself: "Can this shit get any more crazy?"

And then Vince comes out!:lmao Oh my word! He explains why he's there and it all comes out. Mr Executive of Talent Relations. He almost makes himself look innocent, but then later on he goes and fires JR, just to undo what Triple H has done for the show. and later on... well, I'll get to that.

I'll skip to the end, now, but let me say I enjoyed the matches, though I missed a lot of the match Ziggler because of distraction.

Del Rio vs Punk, starts up... always expecting a good match from these two. They're both excellent wrestl-

<John Laurenitus walks out>

I was well confused. Then he drops the bomb and I was marking hard. Awesome Truth, with their great little rap that they do. What a hypocritical peice of sh*t, Johnny Ace is. He re-signed those two.

I was suspicious that Del Rio was gonna turn on CM Punk mid-match, and although I was wrong, he didn't disappoint. Coward. Triple run-in at the end, back in normal clothes... F***'n awesome!

CM Punk and Triple H shaking hands at the end. F****'n awesome-ER!

I wish I didn't have to wait 7 days for every Raw, it's so annoying.

So yeah... that's me. I'd love for those who agree to post with their super-markout moments of last night. Those who disagree, your welcome too, but please, there are enough negative threads that you don't have to absolutely plaster this one with misgivings.

Thanks

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts
I absolutely loved the opening segment and the way they went about the Cena/Sheamus match. The change in tide was very clear once Laurinitas took over, especially in the first match under his reign. I thought the first hour was pretty good but the constant commercials and filler killed me a little later in the show.

As for the Punk/Trips situation. It's smart to have them make up. Punk admitted he was wrong about Trips and considering we know who sent the text, it would be stupid for them to still hate each other when clearly someone is after them.

Good to hear someone else liked the show.

·
Ted the Moth
12,865 Posts
Oh. My. Fucking. God. xenon.

This was me to the letter. The opening was really powerful: did anyone else notice how strange it was to tune in to a RAW completely silent? No friendly JR to tell us which city we were coming from, no ring announcer to introduce the guy cutting the opening promo. The backstage area was a ghost town.

HHH cuts a super face promo, I still don't pop for him because I think he's an incompetent COO and secretly wish he would leave, but then the other three big faces come out and give their reasons, and my respect for them just grows because they were all different and they were all legitimate. Then they try running their own little rudimentary RAW and I was watching in bewilderment wondering how they were gonna keep it up.

Vince came out and had a little crowning moment of awesome, parroting the words HHH had said to him a few months prior. They reveal the sickening news that I knew, but as a mark, was still completely dreading. Johnny Ace is in power. Fuck that guy.

This sentiment is affirmed when he interrupts the Punk/Del Rio match for a retarded reason, and also fires JR.

I dunno man, I literally had no idea how people didn't enjoy it. But I am definitely with you. I was an utter mark watching that episode. WWE completely had my emotions at their mercy, dammit :p

·
Roy "Gambit" Mustang
10,224 Posts
The first 20 mins of Raw I was marking out like a little boy it was epic. Why can't Cena be that good all the time? Why does he have to be so rubbish the rest of the time? Sheamus showed how great he is on the mic and CM Punk is Punk. But after that I did not enjoy it but I think it was meant to show how bad Johnny Ace but I have no idea where they are going now

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Phew. Glad I'm not alone on that. Forum's can be annoying when it's one on a thousand, haha.

adamant99:

:lmao, oh no, sir; If this was satire it would be much better than the original post:)

Brye:

Should've known I could count on you:)And yeah, the change really was shown by the end of the first f***'n match, you're right. I didn't really get that at the time but's it's so true. Wow, what a major douche that guy is.

Greendayedgehead:

Buzzin that you, of all members, have posted to agree! And hell yeah! That opening to silence was totally weird. To quote an overused 'Dragon Ball Z' line,

"I'VE NEVER FELT ANYTHING LIKE IT!"

Hahaha, off-topic nerd-dom aside...

Oh yeah, Triple said the same thing to Vincefpalm I somehow managed to miss that little 'cycle of life.' (I'll chalk it to having the flu;))

...Fuck that guy.

This sentiment is affirmed when he interrupts the Punk/Del Rio...
:lmao you damn right!

Thanks for the responses guys, I love a place on the forum where I can feel like a total mark. Like oasis' in the desert, I'll tell ya what:agree:

EDIT: Whoops, sorry RKO Peep:

Yeah, I'd chalk that 'not enjoying it' part to Johnny Ace, hahaha, he deserves all the crap he gets. Don't it feel good to mark out, though? I swear, this episode made me feel like it was 12 years ago, again, and I was a teenager watching the Corporate Ministry go to town on the entire show.

Awesome:)

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts
Brye:

Should've known I could count on you:)And yeah, the change really was shown by the end of the first f***'n match, you're right. I didn't really get that at the time but's it's so true. Wow, what a major douche that guy is.
It made me immediately believe that the Ziggler faction weren't really worried about their own well being but wanted Triple H out of power so that they could do as they please knowing that Johnny would back them. Rhodes attacking Orton enforced that even more for me. And I think they did a good job bringing Miz/Truth back last night to get even more heat on Johnny.

·
Premium Member
25,943 Posts
I thought it fucking sucked and made absolutely no sense. You're telling me that HHH lets all of his employees (including his two World champions) walk out on the company and he doesn't say "Ok, since you don't want to be here and you don't want to compete, I am stripping all champions of their titles." What were the consequences for their actions? What was the real payoff of having to sit through that nauseating 30 minute vote of no confidence promo last week? Why bring back Truth and Miz only for them to come back as the same goofball heels that they were prior to their firing and not come back as the "threatening bad asses" that they were portrayed to be at Hell in a Cell? What was the point of bringing in Nash? Why did they make such a damn big deal about a text message when the result was it was Nash texting himself on HHH's phone? Why the fuck can they not make any sense?

With that said, good for you if you enjoyed it. Different folks, different strokes.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
I liked how silent it was. Gave a real ambiance, and watching Hunter walk towards the ring was really cool, built a lot of suspense. I for one think that last night's RAW was really good.

Awesome Truth could do no wrong. Even their rap's gotten better. "First. Blaw! In ya mouth. I don't like none of y'all, how ya like me now?!"

AND we saw very little of John Cena sucking up air time.

Yeah. Twas a good show.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I liked the show last night. The Diva's mach was a killer for because I'm not buying K2, beating on Tamina.

Other than that, and Cole being the jerk that he is ruining match after match, I really liked the show.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Brye:

Yeah, man, come to think of it, all them heels are bloody hypocrites. Hell, Christian only didn't like Triple because there was no way he was getting "one more match." Johnny is a scumbag <spit>... ...:)

Mutascale:

Buzzin for ya, mate:D I never had the fortune of watching Piper, or any wrestling pre-'98. But I've heard great things

Amber B:

Thanks for chiming in without the hate.

I was thinking, the idea of THAT many wrestlers walking out and the Board of Directors caving to their demands... This is realistic stuff, when you consider just how big a portion of their revenue/profits was about to up 'n' leave. This scenario has happened to other companies in real life. Granted, no where near as often as it did over 20 years ago, but the power of the masses has been showed in history on this scale and countless other scales too.

So it does make some sense, all things considered.

Some of your questions, I'm wondering myself, believe me. Kevin Nash? The Text? But we're not near the end of the storyline. Hell, we don't even know who the mastermind of the conspiracy is, yet. And after that, the good guys have to win, which leaves more time for twists and explanations.

I'd love a retort, but thanks for your opinion, anyway

EDIT:

bananakin94:

Yeah, man, it set the mood perfect and Triple H was fantastic.

That line in the Awesome Truth Rap was there before. It is great though

Fargerov:

Yeah, I think they booked the whole thing well, because they surely must've been going for that kind of depressing vibe. I felt it too.

ShadyRest59:

Awww, it was going so well and you had to bring up Kelly Kelly, haha. In spite of the heat, this next statement might draw - I enjoyed the match. I enjoy Kelly Kelly. Admitly it takes some effort to swallow her beating up Beth Phoenix, Natalya and Tamina... but, what the hell, this is WWE.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I couldn't have put this any better, myself. +rep for not being afraid to step past the rest of all these morbid, banal pessimists on this forum, and actually ENJOY something. That's the problem with wrestling nowadays. Fans just don't let themselves enjoy it. There always HAS to be a problem with something.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
The first half hour of RAW was awesome. The only thing I didn't like is they only have Cena and Sheamus about 30 seconds. I would've liked them to wrestle for a good five minutes before Vince came out.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thanks for being a breath of fresh air OP, I was starting to think I was the only one who really enjoyed RAW. At first I didn't think I would like Johnny Ace as COO, but the heel COO angle is fun. Plus I loved the Awesome Truth-C.M Punk-HHH "match" at the end.

·
Munster Mash
3,975 Posts
Thanks for being a breath of fresh air OP, I was starting to think I was the only one who really enjoyed RAW. At first I didn't think I would like Johnny Ace as COO, but the heel COO angle is fun. Plus I loved the Awesome Truth-C.M Punk-HHH "match" at the end.
Triple H is the COO, Ace is the Interim GM. Unless I missed something, that's all I saw.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Triple H is the COO, Ace is the Interim GM. Unless I missed something, that's all I saw.
Hmm you could be right, not sure of the exact title...More or less I got the impression that he is the boss on RAW until a suitable replacement is found.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts