Wrestling Forum banner

For the record...Taker vs HHH did NOT steal the show at WM 17

7321 Views 106 Replies 57 Participants Last post by  jimboystar24
Sheamus said that bullshit on the new Story Behind Wrestlemaina documentary that came out...when the night was done, everyone and I mean EVERYONE was talking about the Austin/Rock match and the ending. That's why everyone bought it. That's why it broke every record there was to break. That's why it was the greatest WM main event in history. Taker vs HHH? They can't even bring that up for a feud in 2011. That's how that much stands the test of time. Pitiful.
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

· Harvester of Sorrow
13,720 Posts
It's quite obvious that Rock/Austin did steal the show, but I think Sheamus just said that stuff to hype the match at Mania 28 and help put over HHH and Taker at the same time. Nothing to get worked up over it's just part of promoting.

· The One Who Knocks
5,640 Posts
Up until the current storyline I had completely forgotten about their other WM match. It wasn't bad, but it was hardly a classic. I have a greater recollection of Regal vs. Jericho from that PPV than I do of HHH/Taker.

· Registered
3,886 Posts
It was the 4th best match on the card (Angle v. Benoit was better imo, then the obvious two). But to be fair, he is putting them both over. Can't see how it's meant to build the current fued though, if WWE insist on ignoring it, they con-fuse me sometimes.....

· Banned
4,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well let me help you out with something..Sheamus shouldn't even be on that damn DVD. He's a jobber who can barely buy a win in 2011 apparently. Letting him speak on these matters at this point is like letting Hornswoggle speak on historical matches..it's not needed and it damn sure isn't necessary.

I think it's obvious that Sheamus just said that to hype up Taker/HHH for WrestleMania XXVII.
Yet HHH and Taker are NOWHERE to be seen to hype up their match. It's hilarious. It's just funny to me because I remmeber the fans that were in Houston where chanting Austin and Rocky heading towards their cars.

· Banned
4,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hornswoggle doesn't even really lose. He's a joke character and he's ultra over at times. Remember when NY booed DX for kicking his ass? So that's more of a compliment to Sheamus than a insult to Hornswoggle. Sheamus isn't doing shit right now.

· Celestial Messiah
38,520 Posts
He's not doing shit, but he's a student of the business, a hard worker, and is going to be big in the future.

Im not disagree though, they did not steal the show that night. Great match but the TLC and Rock/Austin matches easily were the highlights. Didnt like the insanely long ref bump and all over the arena brawling, since both men on a good night are indeed capable of stealing the show, but the home crowd for Taker and action in the ring made up for it, as did the intensity of the feud.

There are two options here. Either Sheamus genuinely believes this, in which case its his opinion. Or that it was the company line and Vince told him to say it.

· Registered
3,391 Posts
I agree that the Triple H/Taker match didn't steal the show, TLC and the Main Event were better but that was Sheamus' opinion, a 2 WWE Champion. Maybe in his mind it did steal the show, maybe thats the match he remember's most for what ever reason. It was a good match bar the 10 minute ref bump. Plus it's promotional work to put over two legends, he probably has a ton of respect for both of them or told to say it. WWE does lie consistently on their DVD's to make the viewer believe whatever they say. Dunno why it makes you so mad.

· Registered
1,253 Posts
Well let me help you out with something..Sheamus shouldn't even be on that damn DVD. He's a jobber who can barely buy a win in 2011 apparently. Letting him speak on these matters at this point is like letting Hornswoggle speak on historical matches..it's not needed and it damn sure isn't necessary.
So fucking stupid

· Registered
5,005 Posts
TLC was the match of the night...the main event can't "steal" the show its expected to be the best match that's why it goes on last. And I just watched this ppv and Rock/Austin was typical Rock/Austin until the ending. I don't see what's the big deal Angle/Benoit was also a great match

· Banned
4,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
OP - Wrestling is FAKE.
I know. Why don't you understand that by now?

How dare sheamus have a different opinion than you!!!!
How dare he indeed since he's just a goofball who carrys HHH's bags who got pushed to success instead of earning it like performers of the past.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.