Wrestling Forum banner
661 - 675 of 675 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Sooo Chelsea, Argentina and Italy won big this year. I'm wondering if Chelsea will win the Premier League this season - for the first time in 5 years, since Conte's reign.
It's there title to lose. The squad depth is ridiculous and Tuchel has Pep's number.

The player they've given us on loan, Conor Gallagher, has been ridiculously good too. He'll be in there team getting minutes ahead of Barkley, RLC and possibly Ziyech, Hudson-Odoi next season.

·
Registered
9,435 Posts
Think Watford finally broke the wheel. Ole gave us United haters so much joy during his reign even though they have finished well in the league table under him. Higher expectations for them only lead to more banter from the rest of us. lol It is even more hilarious that the ex-United boss that did worse than Ole is leading West Ham in a fight for top 4 this season.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Think Watford finally broke the wheel. Ole gave us United haters so much joy during his reign even though they have finished well in the league table under him. Higher expectations for them only lead to more banter from the rest of us. lol It is even more hilarious that the ex-United boss that did worse than Ole is leading West Ham in a fight for top 4 this season.
I'm gutted he left before we had a chance to play them in two weeks time.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
I'm gutted he left before we had a chance to play them in two weeks time.
You'll be right if Carrick is still in charge by then. Or if they're daft enough to go for Brendon Rogers, he been lucky Ole been so terrible and taken the heat off his own nose dive off a cliff season (so far at least).

·
Registered
1,266 Posts

This sure is interesting. I feel like there are very few success stories of director of football moving back into management.
Sounds like it's 6 months before he moves in to an advisory role.

It's against everything have done as its quite progressive thinking. I'm interested to see how they mess it up.

·
Registered
9,435 Posts

It's against everything have done as its quite progressive thinking. I'm interested to see how they mess it up.
I feel like it is a ticking timebomb. Dude obviously have moved on from managing. Unless they are allowing him to pick his successor, this feel like overpaying him to take charge for half a season without explicitly overpaying him by giving him a job after the interim.

·
Registered
822 Posts

Hello Forum Dud I agree, I think American owners look at sport in an American perspective where there is no relegation. So you could bottom of the NFL north for 20 years and still say next season will win the Super Bowl. However, in football (soccer) there is promotion and relegation(demotion) and American owners are not used to this. So if united get top 4 the owners might cool money is coming in. Like Arsenal getting top 4 with Wenger it was enough for the owners.

Yours

Farhan

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Lol Everton thought they had a chance and then got put to the sword, absolute joy to watch them be dismantled and their fans spirit crushed after last season carry on. Rafa will get axed due to this unfortunately.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Lol Everton thought they had a chance and then got put to the sword, absolute joy to watch them be dismantled and their fans spirit crushed after last season carry on. Rafa will get axed due to this unfortunately.
Hello MR Flash as an
Everton Fan and reigning Premier League predictions champion here, You have forgotten that Everton have FFP problems as previous Everton manager have spent roughly £500,000,000 +, which as each manager has a different tactical plan means that some players don't fit in to numerous tactical system employed by the various different managers.

I assume that there has been no overall tactical plan at Everton over the past years since Moyes left Everton.

Last season Ancelotti tactical system employed two number 6’s and one 8 in the midfield. This season Everton under Benitez are utilising again two number 6’s, or you could say one six and one 8 with a 10 behind the striker/forward.

However, due to various reason, Everton do not have a recognised number 10 and are having to play winger/ inside forwards at 10. I am assuming that the manager could possibly look at FIFA 22 the game where players are coloured green over number of different position, so a winger like Demarai Gray is shown green as a number 10. Conversely, in football manager Demarai Gray is shown as a winger, not a number 10.

I would give Rafa until the end of the season, as changing mangers now would result in a poor transfer window, as the new manager would have to examine the squad and get new players in at the same time .

Yours

Farhan

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Hello MR Flash as an Everton Fan and reigning Premier League predictions champion here, You have forgotten that Everton have FFP problems as previous Everton manager have spent roughly £500,000,000 +, which as each manager has a different tactical plan means that some players don't fit in to numerous tactical system employed by the various different managers.

I assume that there has been no overall tactical plan at Everton over the past years since Moyes left Everton.

Last season Ancelotti tactical system employed two number 6’s and one 8 in the midfield. This season Everton under Benitez are utilising again two number 6’s, or you could say one six and one 8 with a 10 behind the striker/forward.

However, due to various reason, Everton do not have a recognised number 10 and are having to play winger/ inside forwards at 10. I am assuming that the manager could possibly look at FIFA 22 the game where players are coloured green over number of different position, so a winger like Demarai Gray is shown green as a number 10. Conversely, in football manager Demarai Gray is shown as a winger, not a number 10.

I would give Rafa until the end of the season, as changing mangers now would result in a poor transfer window, as the new manager would have to examine the squad and get new players in at the same time .

Yours

Farhan
Owww I'm not forgetting that at all, I know the amount of money that Everton has pissed away with their manager roulette and poor planning. It whats so fun about them falling flat and it should also be a warning to New Castle United that simply spending money is not enough in the premier league, clubs need a plan and to get the right managers in place to be successful.

Dominic Calvin-Lewis is injured right now but who else is out? Richarlison was playing last night (should have sold him to Barca when they offered 100mil, silly to turn it down for him) and you also had Rondon up front so you definitely have strikers now.

Rafa should get more time but the fans won't give him it due to his past with Liverpool so will sack him and leave themselves in a really bad situation, if not a relegation battle .

661 - 675 of 675 Posts