Wrestling Forum banner
621 - 633 of 633 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Today has killed me inside.

When Crystal Palace lost the FA Cup final to Manchester United I was upset for around three weeks. Because I realised as a Palace Fan I wait 25 years for that moment. That once chance of winning a trophy. And we fucked it.

When I was six years old I started following football putting in the panini stickers because of Euro 96. When my dad came home after the Germany game he told me England get these chances every 25 years. And 25 years later through no fault of there own they lost.

Its a depressing fault I'll have the same conversation with my children.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Well, that was a surprisingly good Euro. I'm a bit saddened by the fact Portugal didn't go very far in it, but I didn't have high hopes anyway.

Congratulations to Italy. The best team in the Euro. We'll deserved victory.

England lucked out by getting the easier teams in the knockout stages and also playing nearly every single game at Wembley. They had their biggest test in the final and Southgate failed. Those subs near the end and making a 19 year old kid take a decisive PK were very idiotic decisions. England can thank him for losing this final.

I'm glad Italy won and England lost. The English media and a big portion of English fans are annoying and arrogant. You had people like Rio Ferdinand and Liam Gallagher this Euro spouting idiotic and arrogant comments by underestimating England's opponents and denying claims that English players dive because "it's not in their DNA!".

Oh and very classy how several English fans fought on the streets. I didn't see Portuguese people doing that when we lost to Greece nor do I remember French people doing that when they lost to us 5 years ago.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Same mistakes we made against Croatia. Score the early goal, dominate for 20 minutes or so, then sit back and let the other team camp in our half. Most disappointing thing is that we didn’t learn our lesson from that game.

I don’t blame the players who missed penalties, takes a huge set of grapefruits to step up in a shootout of that magnitude. Also don’t blame Southgate for the choice of penalty takers, they’d obviously done well at them in training to be picked.

If we’d kept our foot on the gas, it may have been a different story. As it is, Italy were deserving winners, both tonight and over the course of the tournament.

Hopefully, we can push on from here and give it another good go in the World Cup. Players like Foden, Mount, Sancho and Bellingham should only get better as they gain more international experience. Just sucks that it feels right now that we won’t get a better chance to win a major tournament...

·
Registered
Charisma is when people look at you and start shivering.
625 Posts
Its coming Rome!!

·
The face that runs the List
11,851 Posts
The cup ending in penalties was a real shame, I didn't enjoy that match as much as France/Switzerland for example.
I don't watch football enough to really care about who was going to win but English supporters had been massive cunts throughout the cup and I'm glad they didn't get to even bigger ones and brag about the win.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
The cup ending in penalties was a real shame, I didn't enjoy that match as much as France/Switzerland for example.
I don't watch football enough to really care about who was going to win but English supporters had been massive cunts throughout the cup and I'm glad they didn't get to even bigger ones and brag about the win.
My one consolation from last night is that those knuckle dragging, inbred cunts that call themselves fans didn’t get anything to celebrate. Same as the gutless fuckers who immediately took to social media to racially abuse the players who missed penalties.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Hello as an England fan for a long time I was look forward to see what would be happening in euro 2020 final yesterday.

In the first half I thought England were ok tactically and scoring the goal showed in part Gareth Southgate was right.

However, in the second half England seamed lethargic compared to Italians who were more enthused compared to England.

Then in extra time England for the 1st period looked conservative but went in 2nd period they decided to attack a bit more.

I thought substations made my England were used ineffectively, as only making 2 changes during the initial 90 minutes seams baffling to me,
as due to COVID-19 you have 5 substitutes during normal time make 3 substitutes.
Then Extra time England again made poor usage of substitutes making 1 change until just before penalties.

The formation chosen by Southgate was too conservative essentially 7 defensive minded players and 3 attacking players. The team picked on paper was slow no pace. Kieran Trippier lacks pace to be an effective wing back. As in football manager21 he has acceleration of 13 & pace of 13 in Fifa 21 his acceleration 74 and sprint speed 73.

Mason Mount on wing is also slow in football mamager 21 he has acceleration of 13 & pace of 14 in Fifa 21 his acceleration 78 and sprint speed 70. He is more of number 10 than a winger.

Personally I would have played the Formation 4-2-3-1 that they played against Denmark as Italy had 4 at the back with Bukayo Saka on the right wing. He has acceleration of 17 & pace of 15 in Fifa 21 his acceleration 86 and sprint speed 83.

I would have taken Harry Kane off and put either Marcus Rashford or Dominic Calvert-Lewin as despite Harry Kane in Football manager 21 finishing of 19 his acceleration of 13 & pace of 12 or in Fifa 21 his acceleration 66 and sprint speed 69. With the Italian centre backs being slow so putting on faster players in at the number 9 position during extra time would have made more sense.

Yours

Farhan

·
Head em up, Move em out
2,812 Posts
Madness that Southgate has escaped criticism in all this. Other than the first 20 mins v Croatia and the last half hour v Denmark i think England have been average all tournament

Very negative and defensive throughout, backwards and sideways passing constantly. Perfect start in the final then almost immediately back to the norm of dropping deep and inviting pressure. The Italians were dropping like flies in the 2nd half and Southgate just stood there arms folded not doing anything. 2 grandads at centre half for Italy and all of Englands pace sat on the bench. Mount had been awful throughout but kept his place. Rice and Phillips haven't got a creative forward pass between them but played every game, Massive opportunity missed in my eyes, probably the best we will ever get

Crazy that in the final at our home stadium we started the game with 8 defensive players when we have such ridiculous attacking talent on the bench. Cunts like Neville and Ferdinand have not helped with their constant shit talking and bias praise of the manager when its blatantly obvious that he has not got a clue

One nil up after 2 minutes then only 1 shot on target in the next 118 says it all really. Boring and negative throughout

·
Butter My Arse
12,129 Posts
To say that Southgate ‘does not have a clue’ is slightly wayward. We reached the final for christ sake! Sure it wasn’t pretty getting there - FWIW I think the pen against Denmark was correct decision - and we had majority of home advantage, but we walked over Ukraine with ease (okay not exactly world dominators), our defence has been absolutely stellar throughout with Luke Shaw one of the best fullbacks in the world right now, and it looks like we may have landed on a regular No.1 in Pickford. He has to work on his distribution - some of his kicks up field against Denmark left me shaking my head - but he has a large presence and made some fucking awesome saves throughout.

For all the negative tactics Southgate implemented, yes I believe he was wrong and massively underestimated our attacking options (and overestimated Chiellini/Bonucci). The wrong people took the penalties. The constant sideway passes were needless and frustrating. He held his hands up and took responsibility at least. Obviously this all counts for nought if he doesn’t learn from this, but I think the positives we can take are that this is a young squad who now have experienced a huge taste of what it’s like to be involved in a tournament final, so they can soak it up and maintain a stronger attitude. The vast majority of them are not even anywhere near their peak yet. The overall togetherness and team spirit seems to be stronger than it has in ages as well.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Southgate’s got us to a SF and a Final in his first two tournaments, and has fostered a team spirit virtually unheard of in past England squads. He’s made mistakes, but to call him a bad manager is embarrassingly misguided.

·
Head em up, Move em out
2,812 Posts
Southgate’s got us to a SF and a Final in his first two tournaments, and has fostered a team spirit virtually unheard of in past England squads. He’s made mistakes, but to call him a bad manager is embarrassingly misguided.
A team spirit virtually unheard of in England squads? Guess you don't remember Italy 90 and Euro 96 for example

A quick look through Southgates managerial record shows you he got Middlesbrough relegated then got sacked. He went to 1 tournament with the under 21s and finished bottom of the group

At world cup 2018 England got to the semis but when you actually break it down you can see England were very lucky to get there. A last minute winner vs the mighty Tunisia in the opener followed by a victory over footballing giants Panama. Lost the next game to Belgium. 2nd round we drew with Columbia then won on pens then a win against Sweden in the qtrs. drew with Croatia in the semis then out in extra time then finished off with another defeat to Belgium so an overall record of played 7 Won 4 Lost 3 with the only victories coming against Tunisia, Panama,Sweden and Columbia

On to Euro 2020. We beat a very old and declining Croatia 1.0 Struggled our arses off with a 0.0 against the mighty Scotland then laboured to a 1.0 win v Czech republic. Beat Germany 2.0 in what was up until Sterlings goal was a very tight game that could have gone either way. Fair play in the next game we smashed Ukraine but then struggled for long periods in the semis v Denmark then completely bottled it in the final vs Italy. 2 shots on target in 120 minutes tells its own story

So over the last 2 tournaments the best win we have had would be against the worst German team we have seen for 20 years. Other than that every half decent team we have come up against we have failed to win. In both tournaments have England excited you ? Played good attacking football ? Other than the Panama and Ukraine games have you actually seen England control a game and dominate the opposition. What makes Euro 2020 worse is that England had home advantage for all but 1 of the games and without question the best group of attacking players we have ever had

Southgate has showed again he does not learn from past mistakes. He does not have the ability to change a game with tactical switches or inspired substitutions. He just plays defensive negative football and has no idea how to react when the shit hits the fan during games

Anybody who cant see how limited he is must be embarrassingly misguided imo

·
"The Kingslayer"
6,296 Posts
Do we have any Orlando City fans on here?

It appears we have signed one of your players on a pre-contract.

621 - 633 of 633 Posts