Wrestling Forum banner
601 - 620 of 633 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was recently reading news about Euro 2020 on a website hesgoal and came across a horrible situation. A player on the field had his heart stopped. In front of thousands of fans. It's scary. I've always had a positive attitude towards sports. Especially to soccer. But the fact that such situations occur, makes me think about my health. Sometimes I play with my friends. I do it for my own pleasure.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
So, this is how it feels to knock Germany out of a tournament? :) Played much better in ‘90 and ‘96 and lost, but I’ll take a win however it comes. Great opportunity to make the final now, but the other teams in our half of the draw will be thinking the same thing.

·
Registered
Charisma is when people look at you and start shivering.
625 Posts
All of my favorites are out(Netherlands,Germany,Portugal). Have to say,it is England's golden chance now.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I imagine England will lose to the victors of Belgium/Italy in the final which would still be a good tournament given it would be our first tournament final in 55 years.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
To the americans on this forum, if you think the superbowl is a big deal... wait and see what happens if England win the Euros, you'll never see a bigger crowd reaction/celebration.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Rafa was on the surface, a shockingly bad hire

Hello Chili and garlic toast as Everton Fan I think Rafael Benitez was an interesting choice for the Everton managers choice as people have been having differing opinions of the appointment of Benitez.

1. Some people have suggested that Benitez is passed it as a manager as he last managed in China and the last so-called big club Real Madrid was between 3 June 2015 to 4 January 2016.
  2. That Benitez could be like Ancelotti and use Everton as a stepping stone to an, on paper, a larger club.
  3. Some fans of Everton decided that because he was an Ex Liverpool manager that no way would they like an ex Liverpool manager and might not go to watch Everton even in big a final, until Benitez has left the club.
If you look objectively his Curriculum vitae/résumé (Below) it is an on paper a good one. If he had not managed Liverpool he won Champions League with a different team, people thoughts might be different.

Manager

Valencia

La Liga: 2001–02, 2003–04

UEFA Cup: 2003–04

Liverpool

FA Cup: 2005–06

FA Community Shield: 2006

UEFA Champions League: 2004–05; runner-up: 2006–07

UEFA Super Cup: 2005

Inter Milan

Supercoppa Italiana: 2010

FIFA Club World Cup: 2010

Chelsea

UEFA Europa League: 2012–13

Napoli

Coppa Italia: 2013–14

Supercoppa Italiana: 2014

Newcastle United

EFL Championship: 2016–17

Individual

La Liga Best Coach: 2002

UEFA Manager of the Year: 2003–04, 2004–05

European Coach of the Year—Alf Ramsey Award: 2005

LMA Special Merit Award: 2006

Premier League Manager of the Month: November 2005, December 2005, January 2007, October 2008, March 2009, April 2013, November 2018

EFL Championship Manager of the Month: October 2016

So in conclusion as an Everton I think the fans should wait and see what happens with Benitez, if he is good and the team win stuff and regularly get in to Europe etc then what is the problem. Conversely, if the team go backwards then he should then go, otherwise he should stay.

Yours

Farhan

·
Registered
348 Posts
My Dad was 30 years old during Italia 90 and my mum was seven months pregnant with this dud.

The fact 30 years later here I am whilst my fiancee is seven months pregnant is pretty surreal.

Regardless of how the final goes let's embrace the moment. We will remember it forever and tell our grandchildren about it.

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
The best thing about England winning is seeing all the bitter people crying over it 😂
If England win the whole thing I expect there will be a big effort to discredit it tbh. "they had an easy route" "it wasnt a pen" "they played most of their games at home" etc etc.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
If England win the whole thing I expect there will be a big effort to discredit it tbh. "they had an easy route" "it wasnt a pen" "they played most of their games at home" etc etc.
Funny thing is I wanted Germany to win it (not much of a nationalist really), but they went out, and I guess England are my second team. Seeing how angry England winning makes everyone, NOW I really want them to go the whole way lmao

·
Registered
348 Posts
Seeing the hate for England across Europe makes me finally realise what it's like to be a Manchester United fan and how incredibly satisfying it must have been winning title after title under Sir Alex.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Seeing the hate for England across Europe makes me finally realise what it's like to be a Manchester United fan and how incredibly satisfying it must have been winning title after title under Sir Alex.
Yeah, I've been revelling in it. I hope England win because I'm gonna be running all over the place shit-talking people just to see them frothing at the mouth 😂

·
Registered
8,539 Posts
Italy were deserving winners. Shame it had to end in penalties and the poor guys who missed are going to get unwarranted hate.

·
Butter My Arse
12,129 Posts
Distraught and gutted. Always a too familiar feeling losing on pens but the guys can be fucking proud of their efforts. Should never have let the young guys take those penalties. Why not Shaw? Gaaahhh fuck it.

That feeling though when Pickford saved Jorginho’s penalty. Fucking awesome. In the end though the better team won, Italy were all over us for about two thirds of the game.

·
Registered
8,539 Posts
Well England did sub on Sancho and Rashford just to take the pens. Saka is a weird choice when you had other older players on. Felt like someone more experienced should have been taking the 5th decisive pen.

601 - 620 of 633 Posts