Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
961 - 980 of 1178 Posts

· Registered
1,013 Posts
People travelled all that way and they can’t even get a beer. Pathetic on so many levels. Middle East tries so hard to buy acceptance but always strike out on anything that matters. Living in the past must be fun, looks fun from what I’ve seen.

· Registered
89 Posts
People travelled all that way and they can’t even get a beer. Pathetic on so many levels. Middle East tries so hard to buy acceptance but always strike out on anything that matters. Living in the past must be fun, looks fun from what I’ve seen.
But the joy is real there, is not because of alchohol. You can drink beer, but not in public places. You don’t need alchohol to watch and enjoy a game and after you come from there you can drink again in public places.
The other issue I think you don’t like their laws, you miss the english fans ruining all the restaurants and break everything in their path, start fight with police and other supporters or something like that. We need fans at world cup, not animals. If you cannot enjoy world cup as a supporter in this conditions, then you are there for other reasons.

· Registered
2,208 Posts
I watched the highlights and it was no fluke win for the Saudis. They pressed high and hard, worked their offside trap, committed bodies to attacks, played a high intensity game and exploited Argentinian weaknesses.

I don't think it's as big a shock as the US beating England in '50 or Korea beating Italy in '66 because the Saudi League is a decent enough standard and many of the squad play for Al-Hilal which is Asia's top club side.

They're also coached by the excellent Herve Renard. Two times African Cup of Nations winner, former Cambridge United manager and damn handsome man.

He's a good promo.

961 - 980 of 1178 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.