Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok you aint corrected me but I think it's sad how you correct people that make spelling mistakes. Whats the point, if you know what they mean you dont have too.

B

·
0 Posts
It's for fun, and he usually does it to the dumbasses to make them look stupid.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Obviously it's worked if he has to make a thread about him. I don't care if anyone corrects my spelling. I don't do it intentionally, so why should I care?

·
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Thro
9,313 Posts
The only problem I have with Flash is that he has the Blackjack crown that I desire.

·
Premium Member
29,365 Posts
I have no problems with Flash or anyone correcting spelling. There's nothing worse than trying to read a post and having to go over it a few times to try to work out what the hell they are saying.
This is an English forum, let's keep it that way.
More power to you Flash, keep up the good work.

·
Don't rewrite the books, just rewrite the titles,
15,672 Posts
Well, well. My own rant thread, and started by someone whose spelling seems to be okay. I'll be keeping an eye on it, though, so watch yourself.

I can't believe this is an issue worthy of discussion. Aside from making posts harder to read, bad spelling/punctuation/grammar just makes the poster look ignorant. If they can't grasp one thing, why should they be able to fully understand what they're typing about? I know it's not always the case, but that's how it looks.

Thank you for your kind words, Rajah. There is something that's on a par with not being able to read something with bad spelling, and that's when people insult other people's posts and the poster, usually by calling (or trying to call them) a retard and then spelling things wrong in their own post. Who looks like the retard now?

Two more things: Otacon, I like my crown where it is, so paws off. Secondly...
Mike Oxlong said in post #6 :
thank you very much for pointing out my grammatical error now I shall go punish myself..

*stupid,stupid,stupid*
It wasn't a grammatical error, it was a spelling error.

Hahaha.

·
15,672 Posts
Otacon said in post #10 :

I would prfer the crown with my other ones, and I was close too, only about 400 points, but I got greedy.

:(
I think you meant "prefer".

Hahahahahahaha.

Sorry, TheMilleniumMan's given me a reputation now, and far be it from me not to live up to it.

·
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Thro
9,313 Posts
OMG!11!!

Ur lik so cuul dud!!!11!!!!11

i spelledt sumthin wRong an lik you lik coreckted me!1!1!!

·
15,672 Posts
What? No, it's not. And why's that funny?Have you seen the film Withnail & I? If you had, you'd know what I meant.

·
15,672 Posts
Right, let's end this now. I'm not always correcting people. I've done it repeatedly in this thread because it's amused me, because it's what the thread was started about in the first place.

Other than in this particular thread, I'm fairly confident that I only pick on people who have made a stupid point in the first place, and then backed up their stupidity by not being able to spell correctly. The only other occasions that I've done it are if a poster has insulted me or someone else with no real reason, and then in doing so have spelled the insult wrong.

Rajah outlined everything on the previous page, I've backed it up. As far as I'm concerned it's that simple.

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
WE champion said in post #5 :
it's "you" not u, you lazy person. see does that piss you off?
It's "you" not "u", you lazy person. See does that piss you off?

You start a sentence with a capital letter. ;)

·
15,672 Posts
Just wondering, should this be moved to the Games Forum now? Everyone seems to be playing "Correct The Sentence". The way it's going, this could turn out more successful than Monopoly.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts