Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alex Riley has been directionless ever since his breakup with The Miz. However, I think The Miz possibly brings out the best in Riley and that their feud shouldn't have been ended so abruptly.

This is how I would fix him, Riley gets a shot at the U.S. Title against Dolph Ziggler and wins. Unfortunately his moment of celebration is ruined when The Miz runs in and attacks him from behind. Miz brutally beats his former friend down for about 3-4 minutes and screams at him "You're not allowed to be happy when I'm not." and "Why did you do me like that?"

Ziggler gets his rematch the next week and gets DQ'd when The Miz attacks Riley once again. Ziggler is complaining to the referee throwing random off handed comments like "He doesn't even work here anymore!"

Jack Swagger is the new #1 contender for the U.S. Championship. Swagger gets Riley in the ankle lock, Riley crawls to the ropes. Miz manages to jump the barricade, and just as Riley is about to reach the ropes, Miz pulls the bottom rope further away. Riley, unable to take the pain anymore, taps out and Swagger is the new U.S. Champion. Miz says it to Riley's face: "You are not allowed to be happy when I'm not."

The next week Triple H invites The Miz to RAW to explain his actions against Riley. The Miz explains their history, claiming that they were friends for ten years, communicating solely through e-mail in secret (even Miz's Real World castmates had no knowledge of his correspondence with A-Ry). The Twin Bromance made a promise to each other that they would meet up one day. Miz claims that the WWE almost pulled the plug on NXT due to the Nexus situation (the company was afraid that future seasons of NXT would spawn more Nexus-like groups) and that he begged the WWE to keep NXT running for (at least) a second season for the sole purpose of bringing Riley into the WWE so he could finally meet his long time e-penpal. He also claims that he saved Riley's job after Percy Watson accused him of racism and almost got him fired. Unfortunately, Miz let the fame and stardom go to his head, and began treating Riley like dirt until Riley snapped and turned face. Miz claims that after the WWE Title tournament, they had been slowly rebuilding their friendship until the fateful day that Miz & R-Truth were fired. Miz felt betrayed that Alex Riley, his supposed best friend had turned on him and helped the other WWE Superstars toss him out of the arena and embarrass him in his home town. A-Ry broke his heart that day and Miz decided that he would break Riley's heart in return.

Riley comes out to confront the Miz, but Triple H refuses to let Riley touch him, claiming that because Miz "isn't a WWE employee" the company is liable if Riley puts his hands on him. Riley then begs Triple H to hire the Miz back, to the point of getting on his knees and begging. Miz insults Riley by tossing an offhanded comment, "Alex Riley on his knees. Brings back fond memories." A pissed off Riley attacks the Miz. Triple H tries to restrain him, but to no avail. The COO is forced to give Riley the Pedigree in order to neutralize him and keep him from hurting The Miz and opening the company to a lawsuit. HHH then says that he will rehire the Miz, but The Miz states that he refuses to come back unless R-Truth is rehired as well. Triple H, left with no other choice, agrees.

Miz & Riley have a match on RAW which ends in a double countout when they brawl on the outside of the ring. AFter the bell is rung, they take the brawl back into the ring and Riley begins beating Miz in the corner. Miz begs Riley off, and then kisses him on the lips. Riley is frozen in disbelief, wondering what just happened, when suddenly R-Truth runs into the ring and knocks Riley out with the Water Bottle of Doom (Miz gave him the kiss of death). Miz then reveals to Riley, that he used him. "You think I did this because I really cared about us? Really? Really? I've been a star for the past ten years while you were just a nobody until you met me." The motivation behind Miz's attacks was to provoke Riley into challenging him and giving Triple H a reason to re-hire himself and R-Truth.

Depending on how Survivor Series turns out, Riley is recruited onto the team opposite The Miz. Riley is the first man eliminated, getting disqualified when his anger gets the better of him and he won't stop beating Miz in the corner, giving the heels the advantage, until Rock, Cena, Punk, or whoever makes a Superman comeback and wins.

After Survivor Series, Miz & Riley branch off and do their own thing, but have random one off confrontations. They have a match at Tribute to the Troops. Riley & Miz are early entrants in the Royal Rumble match, fighting each other through most of it, and eliminating anyone who gets in the way of them trying to get their hands on each other (Riley also manages to eliminate R-Truth when Awesome Truth tries to gang up on him). This continues until Riley eliminates The Miz. His hatred of his former friend is so great that he eliminates himself by diving to the outside to continue attacking Miz

Riley gets his first shot at the WWE Championship by competing in the Elimination Chamber match, and actually manages to eliminate the WWE Champion (possibly Cena, so that Cena can move on to the Rock) first. Miz wins the Chamber match, the story being that he has once again taken advantage of Riley's efforts, and goes on to defend the title against the Rumble winner (Let's make it CM Punk).

Riley regains the U.S. title at Wrestlemania 28. Also Miz defends the WWE Championship against CM Punk. R-Truth attempts to interfere on Miz's behalf until he is chased off by Riley, which distracts Miz and allows Punk to hit the GTS and win the WWE Title. This leads into an R-Truth/Riley feud with Miz coaching his partner because he "knows Riley better than anyone else."

Eventually in Summer 2012 or so, when Miz turns face, they are forced to team together in main event tag matches, playa. They don't officially reunite, but "grow accustomed to each other's faces" and are consistently placed in main event tag matches, playa.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
The best way to fix Alex Riley is to send him back to FCW for a couple years.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Well fuck me, double post.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I had a dream like that, execpt that it was the bella twins, and me.
I do agree that they did end the feud too soon with Mix and Riley. Once Riley learns how to protect his opponents, he should be a star.

·
Recognize
21,503 Posts
The best way to fix Alex Riley is to send him back to FCW for a couple years.
Exactly. I swear if you don't win a world title in 2 months most people here consider you a failure now. Riley doesn't need fixed as it were, he needs to develop. He can talk on the mic, he has a great theme song, he has a great look and the fans have got behind him when given a reason to. He seems charismatic enough and is very clearly the type of guy Vince will want to make a star out of. But, as with most of the newer crop of guys on the roster, he can't work for shit. It's better he stay in the midcard for a few years, learns how to work a match, lets the fans grow accustomed to him and actually want to see him progress up the card and just be an overall better and more well rounded talent. If he keeps his head screwed on right I imagine he'll get his chance one day down the line. He absolutely isn't ready for a world title push yet though and anybody claiming otherwise is a blind mark or an idiot, simply put.

·
Banned
9,205 Posts
He just needs a lot of practice inside the ring. He's still green as hell and right now he's just an accident waiting to happen. If he gets that down, gets down a formula inside the ring that will make him a star and get him over with the fans, there's nowhere but up for Alex Riley.

·
Premium Member
8,294 Posts
Exactly. I swear if you don't win a world title in 2 months most people here consider you a failure now. Riley doesn't need fixed as it were, he needs to develop. He can talk on the mic, he has a great theme song, he has a great look and the fans have got behind him when given a reason to. He seems charismatic enough and is very clearly the type of guy Vince will want to make a star out of. But, as with most of the newer crop of guys on the roster, he can't work for shit. It's better he stay in the midcard for a few years, learns how to work a match, lets the fans grow accustomed to him and actually want to see him progress up the card and just be an overall better and more well rounded talent. If he keeps his head screwed on right I imagine he'll get his chance one day down the line. He absolutely isn't ready for a world title push yet though and anybody claiming otherwise is a blind mark or an idiot, simply put.
Exactly this.

It's a real shame that instead of letting him develop in FCW, WWE rushed him to the main roster where all of his flaws have been exposed on national television. His limitations and constant fuck-ups have clearly [if only temporarily] de-railed his push.

At the moment he's a lot like Wade Barrett was last year (although much worse), and look how that turned out when WWE put him in PPV main events.

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
Far too long of a post, to be honest.

But overall A-Ry doesn't need fixing. He just needs a gimmick. He had one in FCW and on NXT and they took it away from him.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Oh dear, at first glance I read the thread title as "Fisting Alex Riley". I'm going to need therapy now.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
So you want to ruin Ziggler just so Riley has something to do? i'd much rather have someone over like Ryder who can actually wrestle win the title.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Riley is never really going to get over until he crafts a distinguishable character for himself (and stops being so rediculously green in the ring). I actualy feel the guy is great as a cocky heel, but the fact that the cocky, arrogant, and annoying heel is a borderline omnipresent villian archtype in WWE makes him come off as generic and run of the mill, even if he pulls the character off well in his own right.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts