Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The following WWE NXT contracted talents have received new official ring names:

Adrian Jaoude is now Arturo Ruas.

Former Impact star Trevor Lee has been rechristened Cameron Grimes.

Jessie Elaban will be known as Jessi Kamea going forward.

Luke Menzies has been named Ridge Holland.

Eric Bugenhagen will be known going forward as Rik Bugez

~ PWInsider

·
Registered
11,886 Posts
Bugez could be mispronounced Bu-gez rather than Boogs.

At least this means these folks are likely heading to television.

Arturo Ruas is pretty badass. Surprised tag partner Cesar Bononi seemingly keeps his real name.

Jessi Kamea, unless I'm missing a pop culture reference, is probably just a family name. Might as just well kept Elaban, or just go by "Jessi".

Trevor Lee's "Cameron" comes from Cameron NC, Grimes could come from Walking Dead's Rick Grimes.

Don't know what Ridge Holland is reference to, probably Brit footballers or something. "Menzies" was going to have trouble Stateside.

·
The Empire will Reign again
17,170 Posts
Arturo Ruas is a clear improvement, sounds like an 70’s boxing world champ

Jessi Kamea is probably an improvement, won't know for sure until I hear it

Ridge Holland isn't better than Luke Menzies but it might grow on me, doubt we'll ever get to hear it on TV before he's released though

Cameron Grimes is already in our collective conscious, but I'm still going to be expecting dude to wear a cowboy hat and an eye patch

Eric Bugenhagen was not a wrestler name, and yet it fit that weird motherfucker so well, Rik Bugez is certified trash

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I thought Trevor Lee was a big enough star outside of the WWE to keep his name. Havent been watching NXT lately so im not sure what kind of gimmick they’re trying with him

·
Back where we belong!
2,579 Posts
Rik Bugez is what he refers to himself as on his youtube channel so it was probably his call to change his name, I ain't got a problem with it.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I think Arturo Ruas is a great name actually.

Cameron Grimes though? LOL Honestly, I don't know what they're going to do with Trevor Lee. Have him join the Forgotten Sons? Lmao.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
The following WWE NXT contracted talents have received new official ring names:

Adrian Jaoude is now Arturo Ruas.

Former Impact star Trevor Lee has been rechristened Cameron Grimes.

Jessie Elaban will be known as Jessi Kamea going forward.

Luke Menzies has been named Ridge Holland.

~ PWInsider
Ruas is easier to say than Jaoude so that's a plus. However, Adrian Ruas would have rolled off the tongue so much better than Arturo.

Grimes actually fits him... Cameron? Not so much. But I guess he wanted to pay homage to his hometown.

Elaban, Kamea, pretty much a wash....dropping the e suits her character

Luke Menzies, Ridge Holland, indifferent to either name

I thought Eric Bugenhagen was a cool name, but the shortened version isn't so bad, so whatever.

Overall on these new names? Meh... don't hate it. Don't love it...

·
Registered
17,497 Posts
Ruas is easier to say than Jaoude so that's a plus. However, Adrian Ruas would have rolled off the tongue so much better than Arturo.

Grimes actually fits him... Cameron? Not so much. But I guess he wanted to pay homage to his hometown.

Elaban, Kamea, pretty much a wash....dropping the e suits her character

Luke Menzies, Ridge Holland, indifferent to either name

I thought Eric Bugenhagen was a cool name, but the shortened version isn't so bad, so whatever.

Overall on these new names? Meh... don't hate it. Don't love it...
Jessi doesn't have a gimmick anymore.

·
Registered
16,459 Posts
Not sure how I feel about that.. Something about Eric Bugenhagen really suited him. Maybe if they changed it to Eric Bugez maybe. Eric always sounds better than Rik :p

Rik Bugez is what he refers to himself as on his youtube channel so it was probably his call to change his name, I ain't got a problem with it.

I did not know that. The more you know :p

·
Registered
17,497 Posts
If they ever reach the main roster they will be Grimes, Ruas, Jessi, Ridge and The Bugez anyway. Sounds like the members of a shitty 80s rock band.

·
Registered
11,886 Posts
Adrian Jaoude/Arturo Ruas is a 38yr old developmental.

Rik Bugez is definitely Bugenhagen's choice and it's a terrible one. You knew it was coming though given his YT vids. It's not a marketable name. Are his fans going to be called Buu-gers?

Ridge Holland - Ridge as a first name? Reminds me of Lift Sawyer and Cable Jones of failed developmental names past.

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
Adrian Jaoude/Arturo Ruas is a 38yr old developmental.

Rik Bugez is definitely Bugenhagen's choice and it's a terrible one. You knew it was coming though given his YT vids. It's not a marketable name. Are his fans going to be called Buu-gers?

Ridge Holland - Ridge as a first name? Reminds me of Lift Sawyer and Cable Jones of failed developmental names past.
Test's fans were called Testicles so who knows. If you get someone who looks like Stacy Kiebler saying it, then it'll catch on.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts