alexa = greatest of all time!
3,169 Posts
Re: Fite.TV Airing CM Punk Documentary Aug. 31st

interesting...

·
Registered
11,857 Posts

I don't think they'd know anything, just figuring it would be the best time for eyes on it because either Punk shows up at AEW or he doesn't and his wrestling career can officially be called over.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts

This isn't a documentary. It's just his Starrcast appearance.

Description
CM Punk is HERE at Starrcast III! The Best in the World! One of the most controversial yet beloved stars in recent history! CM Punk has seen and done it all - from Pro Wrestling to MMA, from ROH and TNA to WWE an the UFC! All of that and all on his terms.
Get to hear what the most interesting person on the scene has to say!
Watch CM Punk, watch Starrcast III!

·
Lifting weights and eating steaks
18,148 Posts
It's obvious they've got Punk for Starrcast as a gift to the fan who are likely going to All Out thinking Punk will actually be at the show and sign with AEW. He won't and he's done with wrestling.

Should be cool either way.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
I still stick with my belief that Punk is appearing at All Out and this entire thing was a work since AEW's inception from January.

That said, AEW doesn't need him at All Out or at all to succeed and move forward. They'll be fine and likely put on a great show.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Starrcast isn't actually owned by AEW. It's a separate organizations, but the fact is that the owner does typically work aloneside AEW to set up the event, and plans the event to act as AEW's version of Axxesss & WrestleCon.

The owners of Starrcast work closely with Cody Rhodes, and other AEW executives when setting uo the schedule, and the appearances are typically heavy with AEW performers.

So, If Punk is gonna be in Chicago, for Starrcast, then you can't deny that this is a very good sign that perhaps he will be making an appearance at All Out.

Now it's not a sure thing. Like I said, Starrcast isn't an official AEW event, and they often have stars that are not associated with AEW at all, but this still is a good sign.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Just wait til show time, people's hearts will be pounding out of their chest before and after every match.
For real... And I hate that. I'm in the mindset of believing he won't be there, but my dumb ass will still be on edge wondering if he'll pop up and I was wrong the entire time.

·
Registered
753 Posts
If the whole UFC fiasco hadn't transpired, I can guarantee Punk would have been wrestling again at this point. While definitely not for WWE, AEW would have been the most probable.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
I'm still waiting for people to post "CM Punk confirmed for AEW!" because Meltzer writes a tweet "CM Punk may or may not be at All Out".

·
Registered
8,209 Posts
This confirms it. He wont be at the PPV so here's the consolation.

I seriously suggest everyone holding their breath to not do it. All Out will be a great PPV regardless of Punk showing up. Such expectations only ruin the fun for ourselves.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
All you have to do is look at how out of shape he is. Punk never looked like a wrestler. But now in 2019, he really doesn't look like one. The guy looks like a 54 year old drug user who doesn't like to eat.

Even this lazy ass would work out somewhat if he was headed to AEW.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
All you have to do is look at how out of shape he is. Punk never looked like a wrestler. But now in 2019, he really doesn't look like one. The guy looks like a 54 year old drug user who doesn't like to eat.

Even this lazy ass would work out somewhat if he was headed to AEW.
He was literally in the gym yesterday.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
He was literally in the gym yesterday.
Doing what?

You wanna go in the ring, especially with the race horses in AEW, you gotta be in shape. Strong enough to take bumps and protect (safely lift) your opponent. This guy looks like a fucking 56 year old meth head, 160lbs.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I don't see the logic on AEWs part, if they were actually able to sign Punk, to debut him at All Out. They MUST debut him 10/2, they only get ONE shot at a first impression in front of likely a million - 2 million eyeballs.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts