Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Banned
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright this might sound a bit homosexual but when was the first time you got goosebumps watching wrestling? Have you ever gotten goosebumps watching wrestling? Am I just a freak who is sharing too much?

The first time for me was when Cena got drafted to RAW. I wasn't even a fan of Cena's. It just got me all excited.

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
Can't really recall having them during a match or anything, but watching the epic video promos they make for guys who are retiring, like Flair at WM24 or Shawn at 26. Just basically watching the entire length of those guys' careers play out before your eyes, then thinking that they're about to hang the boots up and you may never see them wrestling again. Weird feeling.

Before anyone mentions it, I know Flair went to TNA. He's already retired in my mind though, that celebration of his career will never be replicated or outdone.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I've been watching since I was 5, so I couldn't tell you the first time I got goosebumps. The first time in a long time was when I was at an ROH show in Chicago Ridge in 2007. And the most recent time was when I just re-watched the 6-man tag match from WCW Bash at the Beach 1997, in which Juvie, Héctor Garza, and Lizmark, Jr. beat La Parka, Psicosis, and Villano IV (and V).

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Batista winning the World Title for the first time.

·
Keeping the red flag flying high
2,044 Posts
When Austin returned at Backlash 2000 and commenced to kicking Briscoe's, Patterson's, Shane O'Mac's, Triple H's and Vince's asses and helping Rock win the title. The moment his music hits is absolutely unreal.

·
LIVE ACTION!
1,436 Posts
Wow .. probably when Foley won the title on 1/4/99 RAW. I was such a huge fan and still am, and at 9 years old .. my life felt complete as I jumped around yelling and screaming that Mankind beat Triple H.

And yes, I still get them quite often watching ... especially video packages for a wrestlers career, a well done hype video or simply watching a show on YouTube/DVR that I attended and reliving it.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
I don't know when the first time was, but I do remember I got goosebumps when watching this promo:

EDIT: As did this one...:(

·
StarStruck
2,038 Posts
When Lita won the womens championship on RAW in 04, I'd been watching for just over a year at that point and seeing Lita win after her story with Kane and Trish, It was just an amazing feeling imo.

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
When Austin returned at Backlash 2000 and commenced to kicking Briscoe's, Patterson's, Shane O'Mac's, Triple H's and Vince's asses and helping Rock win the title. The moment his music hits is absolutely unreal.
This. I was still young and a total mark at the time and my favorites were The Rock and Austin so it couldn't have been better. The two had hated each other before so seeing one come out and destroy the McMahon Helmsley faction and letting the other win the belt was awesome. Austin returned and destroyed all the goons, Linda knocked over Stephanie, Earl Hebner returned, and The Rock got the title from HHH. It sounds lame but it seemed like everything was alright in the world for a moment there :p

Of course my first WWE event was Judgement Day the next month and The Rock lost the belt x_x. I got to see Taker return though and that was a goosebump moment although I was confused why he came out on a motorcycle lol

Besides that: Flairs retirement, Punk winning the title for the first time, and Eddie's tribute show

·
Registered
416 Posts
For me, it would be either the Hell in a Cell match between Mankind and Undertaker (The fall off the cage still gives me goosebumps), or the main event of Backlash 2000 (which was basically what I wished happened at Wrestlemania 2000).

·
Registered
560 Posts
Summerslam 1993 Lex Luger vs Yokozuna, I rented the tape and the whole build up to the match and the match had me going

When the Undertake came out on Raw to help US beat Canada in a flag match was sweet

Stone Cold beat Kane on Raw after the KOTR first blood match

Angle Milk truck was awsome

The Creed my Sacrifice video recognizing WWF superstars

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
"All hell has broken loose at Uncensored...and hell brought with him a baseball bat."

·
Registered
9,794 Posts
Watching HBK deliver that second superkick to Bret at WM12 and win the WWF title, that is one of the greatest wrestling memories I have.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts