Wrestling Forum banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
"Mega Star" is a stretch. Mega Star is Hulk Hogan, Stone Cold, The Rock or Goldberg. No one on this roster is close to that.

Braun comes across as a star on the men's side. Drew looks like a star. On the Women's Side Becky is probably the only thing close.

Dream is charismatic but seems like another guy who will flop on the main roster.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Im more interested in what they are considering a "megastar"....Are you talking about on the scale of a Bruno/Hogan/Austin/Cena (going eras)....then their opinions are absolutely laughable.

Fans have already soured on Becky (again) and Roman. Braun couldnt get booked right in a library. Dream, Cole or Belair havent really bee given the right sample size (main roster exposure) to give an accurate judgement. While they could all be stars, I dont see any of them being "mega stars" on the main roster.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I wouldn’t put that on them, hbk is one of the top 10 greatest superstars of all time but he didn’t draw a dime. Austin is the goat but in 97 wwe was getting their ass kicked in the ratings until Vince built a strong cast such as dx and the rock behind him.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
This is just the best of who they actually have. Ratings are down because Roman and Becky aren't stars, but the point is it would be even worse if Adam Cole and Johnny Gargano were on top. The roster they have now is the worst roster they've ever had by a longshot.

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
These are nice, I guess, but ultimately inconcenquential. We dont really learn much from this since we dont know all how many of the wrestlers they used, what segments, and if this would be consistent different groups of people. Besides, just having "star power" means nothing, they had that with Cena and ratings were still dropping, they brought back Brock and ratings are still dropping, the overall shows being terrible for too long is what had always been the main issue.

·
This is my show now
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Which is exactly my point. People who are using this "study" to justify who to push are failing to realize that it's the writing that matters, not the individual talent who viewers think look cool or hot
That's the point. People are blaming the talent but obviously they have either the look, charisma, promo skills and strong characters to make people believe what they're portraying and want to see more. Non-fans who may come across their work may decide to tune in to see more and then tune out because the week-to-week booking is so bad.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
WWE shitty booking is a brutal reality, but you are gonna tell me it wouldn't make their work 50% easier it this roster didn't look like absolutely shit?

Even the biggest wrestling mind would have trouble trying to sell this bunch of fucking geeks, this is a two way problem for me, shitty booking and zero
larger than life potential.

·
Mattun
156 Posts
WWE has no megastars because they do not want to.

It's not just Reigns that looks like a megastar. Drew, Lashley, EC3, Orton or Elias as well. And why they aren't? Because booking sucks. Even for Reigns.

61 - 76 of 76 Posts