Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Stomping Scrawny Vanilla Midgetesses
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so I know it's been a point of contention what the RAW Womens Division is doing and people missing big match builds on the show. There's been no main events or even having them end the show (hell they eventually stopped kicking off hourS) after the shake-up.

Well a sparkle of that came back with the Sasha Banks vs. Nia Jax exchange at the end of RAW and even though it's no Sasha/Charlotte or even Bayley/Charlotte, it still is the first time we've seen that "RAW WOMENS MAIN EVENT" spark come back since the shake-up and I hope the effort keeps up and it seems to be a pattern that Sasha Banks is undefeated in RAW Women's Main Events as well which might be that magical charm to it, I don't know. The gauntlet was the first step in that right direction in terms of getting back to that level. I'm glad they've picked a consistent direction now.

Just please, have more big match builds like this, they always make me feel happy at the end of a RAW.

There's some hope.

·
Stomping Scrawny Vanilla Midgetesses
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dunno if I'd call Nia for 30mins "magical".

But as far as booking goes everything was completely spot on, apart for Angle coming out for no reason, and maybe Emma jobbing too quick.
:lmao

The magic didn't really start until Sasha vs. Nia Jax, that's all, that was when I got flashes of them trying to actually build something big and the crowd was starting to come back to life during their section of the match. That's all. Just the first time it felt like something came to life at all in the division since the beginning of the shake-up.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Dunno if I'd call Nia for 30mins "magical".

But as far as booking goes everything was completely spot on, apart for Angle coming out for no reason, and maybe Emma jobbing too quick.
Once again, Angle came out to let the fans do their 'You suck' chant.

Emma deserves to job. I think she should be released. She gets almost zero reactions from the audience. It should be her doing Lana's dancer gimmick. It should've been Emma vs Naomi for the SD title, but she couldn't do it. Now they had to give the role to Lana, who is one step above Dana Brooke in terms of ring ability.

·
Won't shut up about Peyton Royce
17,649 Posts
Found it boring all the way through the end, the ending was nice but I just don't find Sasha making Nia tap out believable. And it is way too soon to do the Sasha/Alexa feud.

Reactions: Ace

·
Registered
4,761 Posts
I disagree. I'm super supportive of pushing women's wrestling and giving them all the praise and breaks when deserved, but i thought this match only did one thing... establish nia as a dominant monster (but we KNOW THAT ALREADY.. and HAVE KNOWN THAT for a whole year!! and yet nothings come of it).

Dana, Mickie, Emma, and hell, even bayley, looked like complete jobber goons in this match.

And Sasha vs Nia was fine, the ending was very sloppy in my opinion. The ending with Angle/bliss made me hate it even more.

Smackdown's formula is just a trillion times better at this point. The characters are a lot more established and seem legit on smackdown. Becky, Charlotte, Carmella, natalya, and lana are all solid established characters, with the weakest one beign naomi (the champ). But she has that entrance which gets a good enough reaction. ANDDD now they have Maria.

·
Registered
764 Posts
if they we not letting Nia win, they should ve had emma interfere in the match between Nia and Dana, thereby getting Nia disqualified, and then beating dana while losing to Sasha
That way they could get a Nia vs Emma feud, built some cred for emma and prevented the Nia tapout

·
Standing with The Man
6,725 Posts
Only Banks marks could call this "magical" it was a poorly structured match that made everyone but Sasha and Nia look like a jobber Mickie, Dana and Emma got squashed and since they stated all the women on the roster why wasn't Foxy included? if they wanted Banks and Nia to go for No 1 contender just book a 1v1 match instead of burying the rest of your division like that, on top of that for what many consider Raw's marque feud it's too early for a title swap and the wrong PPV to have this match at so I'm expecting Little Miss Superwomen to retain through fuckery.

·
Premium Member
13,222 Posts
It was horrible. Buried most of the division, Mickie's finishers were neutered, everyone looked bad in the end IMO. Would have preferred a 3-way between Bayley/Sasha/Nia. Of course people were going to come alive for Sasha/Nia, Sasha was the only one left and she's credible enough to defeat Nia unlike the rest.

·
Still training, saying my prayers, eating my vitam
4,871 Posts
I actually liked the Sasha/Nia match and had no problem with "believability". Daniel Bryan and Chris Benoit made careers for themselves making guys almost twice their size tap without any complaints. Plus Nia was worn down from being in the ring much longer than she ever had been before.

I liked that they made Nia look strong and competent even in a loss but I hated that they buried the rest of the division in the process.

Dana was one thing and Mickie is a veteran there to put younger talent over(though it doesn't make sense to have her do this in a 30 second match), but absolutely burying Bayley and Emma(and I don't use the term "bury" lightly) was shortsighted, ridiculous and stupid.

Emma is very talented and a fresh face to interject into the title scene. Bayley could be the babyface face of the division and she just got crushed. They should have at least had competitive matches with Nia.

It's now a three women division. Sasha will lose at GBOF because they are obviously building towards Alexa vs. Nia at SummerSlam.

I believe Nia wins at SS and is a dominant, unbeatable champion for a while basically burying the other competition. This would create a great arch for Asuka to get called up and go with the old "Irresistible Force versus the Immovable Object" storyline.

Reactions: IceTheRetroKid

·
Registered
6,729 Posts
Im a big fan of women's wrestling but that match was just kind of "meh" for me. Emma jobbing so fast was terrible. And kind of surprised they are doing Sasha/Alexa at GBOF and not SummerSlam, unless something else happens before then. Im not looking forward to that match but we'll see what happens

·
Registered
16,460 Posts
Remind me why I am supposed to be interested again. WWE don't care about the women's division so why should i?

Also Sasha in the title picture again 'whoop de doo'. I like Sahsa, but she needs some time away from the title scene, they were doing her right by having her work 205 live, at least it was different.

This is why the women need their own show, the main roster is ruining these poor women. 'Womens revolution' my ass. More like Women's Devolution' :(

·
Greek God of Knowledge
7,815 Posts
Just woke up to read this was the main event. Thank fuck I fell asleep before the show started.
Reading this just made me realize that both Raw AND Smackdown are going to be main evented by women's matches this week.

Remind me why I am supposed to be interested again. WWE don't care about the women's division so why should i?

Also Sasha in the title picture again 'whoop de doo'. I like Sahsa, but she needs some time away from the title scene, they were doing her right by having her work 205 live, at least it was different.

This is why the women need their own show, the main roster is ruining these poor women. 'Womens revolution' my ass. More like Women's Devolution' :(
I agree that something needs to be done in regards to character development for the women, but I don't know if giving them their own show is the best idea. Maybe if it involves women from both brands then sure, but Raw doesn't have a strong enough women's division to make having their own show work and/or make people care.

·
TEAM KICK!
9,429 Posts
Honestly, when it got to Sasha v Nia, it was absolutely fine, they told a solid story in there and the finish was good, the crowd was clearly into it.

However, everything leading up to that, especially the Emma match, was just sad to see. That's half the division shut down right there, especially Emma who's only been back for 3 weeks.

Week 1: Tap out in a 6 woman tag match
Week 2: Develop bipolar disorder and be totally unable to decide whose side to pick.
Week 3: Get squashed in about a minute by Nia.

If that's not being buried i really don't know what is.

Reactions: gsm1988

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
35,484 Posts
I get what you're saying Ice. You're not trying to say it's a 4 star match or anything, but it's the first RAW match in a LONG time that felt like it mattered.

why wasn't Foxy included?
Because she's been a total jobber for 10 YEARS and it's laughable that anyone thought a meaningless win over Sasha would signify a push for her.
I still can't find everyone who was celebrating. They had no problem making multiple threads and posts about "Sasha's burial" last month :kobelol

1 - 20 of 33 Posts