Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
NXT will not only feature the sixth-annual Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic this year, but the women of NXT are set to make history as well.

The first-ever Women's Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic will take place, as announced by NXT General Manager William Regal at NXT New Year's Evil.

Stay tuned to WWE's digital and social platforms, and watch NXT Wednesdays at 8/7 C on USA Network in the coming weeks as participants are announced and the competition kicks off.

The men's edition commences next week as The Undisputed ERA's Adam Cole and Roderick Strong face off with Breezango, while The Grizzled Young Veterans battle Ever-Rise

How many women's tag teams do they have in NXT?

I imagine we'll get Raquel & Dakota, Candice & Indi, maybe Io & Shotzi. Probably a couple of teams from Raw or Smackdown too.

Reactions: Kowalski's Killer

·
Registered
25,589 Posts
I haven't looked at their tag roster for NXT women lately, but off the top of my head they have:

1. Candice & Indi
2. Dakota & Raquel
3. Catanzaro & Carter

So obviously there will be some makeshift teams, but I do hope they add teams like the Riott Squad, Baymella, or even Sasha & Bianca.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I haven't looked at their tag roster for NXT women lately, but off the top of my head they have:

1. Candice & Indi
2. Dakota & Raquel
3. Catanzaro & Carter

So obviously there will be some makeshift teams, but I do hope they add teams like the Riott Squad, Baymella, or even Sasha & Bianca.
Could also see them adding:

Duke/Shafir

a makeshift team like Shotzi/Ember Moon

and maybe another female to pair up with Aliyah as the new Robert Stone Brand

·
Registered
669 Posts
Looks like the mens tournament will have 16 teams. Surely there wont be they many for the womens?

Considering it will likely be a championship shot to the winners I would expect involvement from the main roster. Riot Squad, Dana/Mandy etc..

Did we confirm it is Karen Q involved with Xia?

·
Registered
25,589 Posts
I don't know when this tournament will take place but I wouldn't put Xia in it with anyone. I say that because I don't expect her to win, and she needs to be kept strong for now with her new character.

·
Still training, saying my prayers, eating my vitam
4,551 Posts
I'm assuming they bring in a couple of teams from NXT UK if travel is permitted.

·
Registered
25,589 Posts
I wonder when this tournament will take place. I wouldn't think it would take place during the same time as the Men's Dusty Classic, which will probably go all the way to the Valentines Day Takeover. So, will this take place going into Mania? Later in the year?

·
Premium Member
11,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Aliyah has been posting pics of herself & Kavita Devi together in their gear, so I'm guessing they might be paired together for this.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Including main roster women would be great as do it as winners get a shit at the WWE women's tag team titles and have them win it.

Riott Squad would be perfect for this and The Way team of Candice & Indi could be great final opponents for them. Dakota & Raquel is another NXT team who make the finals as well.

·
F*** This indy flippy shit
2,565 Posts
Not yet but given the obvious Chinese connection its more than likely her, back in Oct they trademarked Karen Kwan so thats likely her new name. I'm personally 99% sure its her.
I don’t think even WWE is stupid enough to build up this mysterious Chinese character and then reveal her name as Karen.

I would be absolutely shocked.

Karen Kwan is the type of name you give a wrestler with a figure skater gimmick. If Xia’s leader doesn’t have some kind of Mortal Kombat type name she’s dead in the water.

Of course with the names they gave Retribution, I guess anything is possible.

·
Custom User Title
6,702 Posts
Well the first matchup is next week.

Kacy/Kayden vs Mercedes/Toni.

Normally I would be backing Mercedes and Toni to advance, but I have a feeling Io is returning next week to screw them over for disrespecting her and attacking her.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I don’t think even WWE is stupid enough to build up this mysterious Chinese character and then reveal her name as Karen.

Karen Kwan is the type of name you give a wrestler with a figure skater gimmick. If Xia’s leader doesn’t have some kind of Mortal Kombat type name she’s dead in the water.

Not exactly easy to tell but sure doesn't look like Karen Q in that costume. Whomever it is they have a badass gimmick to get to the top if they can wrestle.

·
Standing with The Man
6,341 Posts

You might be right about but she is currently listed on the roster under that name so before this story came about maybe that was the name they had planned for her.

Going by the Chinese names WWE trademarked recently and confirmation of the faction being called Tian Sha last night another possible name for her name could be Shi Hun which translates to Soul Eater or Lost Soul

1 - 20 of 37 Posts