Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Yesterday Adam Pearce was fired as booker of Ring of Honor (ROH) by owner Cary Silkin. He'll be replaced by Hunter Johnston (Delirious) with input from Jim Cornette. The masked grappler also reigns as head trainer at the company's wrestling academy in Pennsylvania. That's interesting to say the least.

It should be noted that Pearce had just turned down a TNA tryout. It's likely he'll contact them or they'll contact him again shortly. Pearce had been ROH's head booker since the departure of Gabe Sapolsky in October 2008.

Not sure how good this guy is as a booker but I am sure some ROH fans would know.

·
Registered
170 Posts
This would be a tryout as a wrestler not a booker. (Info Just incase for someone who might make the mistake and start off on the usual tna rant)

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Shit year for ROH in 2009 under his booking, but the company has really picked up in 2010. They might not want Adam Pearce as a booker though (I don't see why they would, although this is TNA) seeing as he's still an active wrestler, and is the current NWA World Heavyweight champion. He's a pretty bland wrestler, however he can be a very good mic worker if you just look him up on youtube.

·
GIANTS
2,647 Posts
Many people say ROH lost fans and they weren't as good of a wrestling promotion under his reign as head booker. But at this point in time whether it's Dreamer or Pearce, it's time for a change at the booking position in TNA.

Anything is better than Russo :no:

·
Usertitle ist hier
11,699 Posts
TNA has too many cooks and Pearce would have to answer to so many people.

Left alone, or with some imput by just Cornette, he produced much better than TNA in the past several months, but I'd doubt that to happen in TNA, which is a shame.

Hell, it must only be a tryout as a talent or agent anyway.

--
--

Btw, for all of you just spouting off without knowing, Pearce did not drive people away. The company struggled like mad with ragon and Nigel left. They were the companies two biggest stars. ANY company would struggle. It'd be like the WWE losing Cena and Undertaker for good.

·
Usertitle ist hier
11,699 Posts
I practically lost interest after about 3 months into his "reign"
More fool you.

Any ROH fan, and even watcher of Independants in general will tell you that since the turn of the year, ROH has been great. It took him time but Pearce was really getting into his stride.

·
WF's Real Bad Guy
1,938 Posts
I practically lost interest after about 3 months into his "reign"
Me too honestly though I was starting to gain some interest back a little before he was fired. As for Pearce in TNA, I'm not a big fan of his. But Hogan and co like old school gimmicks so I can see him coming in maybe feuding with X-division or teaming with Douglas Williams as a old school tag team.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,967 Posts
His tryout would be as a wrestler, not as a booker.

I did speculate that the reason for his parting of ways with ROH could be a move to a role, in either capacity, with TNA.

He'd actually make a perfect member of Fortune, with Flair.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts