Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 405 Posts

·
Registered
4,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Spike Chunsoft (Spike, the company that merged with Chunsoft, created the Fire Pro Wrestling series) posted the following:

A) A twitter account named Spike Chunsoft wrestling: https://twitter.com/sc_prowrestling

B) A "mysterious website": http://www.spike-chunsoft.co.jp/170302/

C) And in that website, this video:

So it looks like we may be getting a brand new Fire Pro Wrestling game. About damn time, if it's happening.

EDIT: It's happening.

·
Registered
15,410 Posts
Re: New Fire Pro Wrestling game confirmed.

And it's been confirmed:

http://www.dualshockers.com/2017/03/02/fire-pro-wrestling-return/

PS4 & Steam in the second quarter of 2017. :mark:
Looks almost identical to FPWR outside of the ring looking a bit more cell-shaded. Not sure how I feel about that. Might as well rerelease a FPWR port for the PS4 with the ability to import saves. There's tremendous ''mod'' packs out there for FPWR, for FPWW there won't be any for at least a good while. With custom saves at least you get updated rosters WITH their actual names, and rings with the actual brand logos.

That said, I'm still very excited for this. Fire Pro is hands down the best wrestling game series out there.

·
F*ck off I'm drinking
5,659 Posts

I'll get it on Steam, thats probably easier to mod. Definitely buying it

·
Premium Member
5,687 Posts

Dev Blog #1: Release Date and Price

Greetings grapple fans! This is Spike Chunsoft company mouthpiece Dave K. I’m sorry for keeping you all in the dark for so long but the suits upstairs have finally cleared me to say what you’ve been waiting to hear:

Fire Pro Wrestling World will hit Steam Early Access on July 10 for $19.99!

Fire Pro Wrestling World takes the classic gameplay engine that earned the series its loyal following and builds upon it with, and this is big, online play and Steam Workshop support to share your custom wrestlers.

“But wait,” you say, “where does the ‘Early Access’ part come in?” While the game is fully-formed, it’s far from complete. We want community input to help us decide where to invest our man hours. What new moves, modes or features do you want to see? Asking is free!

Fire Pro lives on today thanks to the community and I’m counting on your feedback and help in teaching newbies the ropes. Of course, we promise to do our part with tutorial videos and this development blog. Who knows, if I can convince the IT team to let me hijack a computer I might even be able to get director Matsumoto do some streaming.

Check out this post for a sampling of the new content ready for Early Access and check back in the weeks leading up to launch for more details about the Steam Workshop, online matches and maybe even some fresh features.

Until next time, stay strong.

-Dave K
Never played Fire Pro games before but heard tons of good things about it. Kinda excited about this now.

·
Registered
6,846 Posts

This all modded up with western wrestlers, logos etc will be soooooo righteous!

·
F*ck off I'm drinking
5,659 Posts

Gane was released today, been playing for the last three hours and its great. Definitely recommending it

+ The community is already creating wrestlers and some of them are very well done. The AJ Styles I downloaded looks perfect and has all the right moves (Styles Clash included!), same for Brock Lesnar, Edge, Undertaker etc.

GO BUY IT

·
Registered
15,410 Posts

Apparently there's going to be ''edit points" that you earn through single player modes.

If this is as bad as it sounds, then fuck off Spike. Why not give us complete freedom for edits right out of the gate like in FPWR? This sounds so limiting, and kills half the fun for me.

Not to mention, FPWW doesn't seem like much of an improvement over FPWR outside of the online mode. I might as well stick with FPWR for now since there's many custom saves already available.

·
Sleeps nude in an oxygen tent.
4,745 Posts

The Big Van Vader CAW on steam workshop is so good :sodone instantly made my purchase worth it

·
Lets go to the old mill anyway, get some cider!
15,621 Posts

Got the game today and it really does bring me back. So far looks like only wrestlers in the steam workshop hopefully some rings, logos, and belts will pop up over the next few days.

Easily worth the $20. The amount of content that will be produced for this game will be unreal.

·
Registered
12 Posts

So tempted to get this as the WWE games do nothing for me despite all the bells & whistles. Likely buy it and never play it like I do with most Steam games. Looking at videos of the gameplay impress me though.

·
Registered
6,846 Posts

Gane was released today, been playing for the last three hours and its great. Definitely recommending it

+ The community is already creating wrestlers and some of them are very well done. The AJ Styles I downloaded looks perfect and has all the right moves (Styles Clash included!), same for Brock Lesnar, Edge, Undertaker etc.

GO BUY IT
HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK

GET THIS ON PS4 IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!!!

I used to LOVE the WWF 80s packs.

·
F*ck off I'm drinking
5,659 Posts

Got about 80 wrestlers now and I'm actually really into watching the CPU play matches. AJ Styles is my current world champion and I started a tournament to find a number one contender and some of the matches I've seen were incredible, Randy Savage vs Sting went for 40 minutes and Kurt Angle vs Undertaker for 28.

And some of the creators did a great job with the "logic" setting for their AI, the Charlotte I downloaded always wins via Figure Eight and Reigns actually knocks people down with the Superman Punch before going for a Spear. Really puts some of the "no logic" characters I have to shame, Raven for example just spams suplexes for 15 minutes.

Online is a mess though, tried getting it to work with a friend for about 90 minutes today and most of that time was spent trying to find each other. Steam invites don't work, directly joining the game through Steam didn't work either. And if we did manage to find each other we couldn't play, just watch the CPU fight even though we selected "Player" as who's playing. I'm sure they'll work on it eventually though

·
Registered
2,703 Posts

What the fuck is this? What year are we in?

·
Registered
5,757 Posts

having so much fun with this, if they added in ladder or tables match then this game would be one step closer to pissing all over 2k's games

1 - 20 of 405 Posts