Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sorry but I don't watch NXT and I was wonder what the hell is his gimmick, the guy looks like a cheap Spider-Man villain. So if anyone can nicely answer my question of what is his gimmick if he even has one?

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
He doesn't have a gimmick. He just wears paint for big matches because it 'looks cool', and for some reason it gives him extra strength or something. It still hasn't really been explained why he does it or what's going on, I guess it's supposed to be some sort of alter-ego or something, he's just a normal guy most of the time. His fanboys seem to get very upset when you question this BTW.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
It's a way for him to channel his darker side. The Undertaker looks straight out of scooby doo and zombies don't exist. Who gives a fuck it's pro wrestling.

·
Oh, What a Day! What A Lovely Day!
3,568 Posts
He doesn't have a gimmick. He just wears paint for big matches because it 'looks cool', and for some reason it gives him extra strength or something. It still hasn't really been explained why he does it or what's going on, I guess it's supposed to be some sort of alter-ego or something, he's just a normal guy most of the time. His fanboys seem to get very upset when you question this BTW.
You seem to be the one that is upset.

·
Registered
672 Posts
He's an irish guy with a demon, dark side, call it what you want, and he kinda embrace it when he enters the arena with the facepaint.

·
Respect My Pimphand..
15,772 Posts
Currently, he's more or less what @x78 above, but, personally, I'm hoping he evolves into a sort of conflicted Jekyll and Hyde type gimmick, complete with inner battles to control the demon.

Now THAT would be a gimmick that would be translatable and compelling.

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
Currently, he's more or less what @x78 above, but, personally, I'm hoping he evolves into a sort of conflicted Jekyll and Hyde type gimmick, complete with inner battles to control the demon.

Now THAT would be a gimmick that would be translatable and compelling.
That would be a cool gimmick, although I'm not sure Balor would really be charismatic enough to pull it off. His entrance already verges on silliness at times and I think there's a chance that it might end up coming across as goofy on the main roster without an enthusiastic crowd marking out for it (hopefully not, since Balor is pretty bland without it).

·
Registered
6,524 Posts
Stop taking everything I post so seriously :lol
You post long, whiny, nonsensical complaints about things, then try to act like other people are in the wrong for pointing out they are whiny and nonsensical.

No one takes you seriously.

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
You post long, whiny, nonsensical complaints about things, then try to act like other people are in the wrong for pointing out they are whiny and nonsensical.

No one takes you seriously.
In other words, I said something bad about one of your favorite wrestlers and you couldn't deal with it because you can't handle opinions contrary to your own. Boo hoo.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
His gimmick is that he's a controversial Irish guy who paints himself up and sparks contentious threads on internet forums.

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
To be fair, x78, they have you spot on.
I can back up everything I post, if people want to cry about it and 'like' posts from other people crying about it instead of actually debating anything then that's not my problem.

·
Devoted Blissfit
1,095 Posts
Finn Bálor is a huge comic book fan and as such, his body paint pays homage to that fandom. He's also said he wants to entertain his fans and himself so that's why he does the paint and the theatrics with his entrances.

In addition, he's said he's got a darker side and he likes to channel that through his wrestling and his entrances as well.

His gimmick is a sort of demon and comic book character. He only does the body paint during special shows so that it keeps it special. Otherwise, he's just in usual wrestling gear.

·
C Mac G
6,498 Posts
At the end of the day, who cares? If you are over, you are over. Things like Character, Look, Gimmick and Wrestling ability are all just tools to get you over.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.