Wrestling Forum banner

Finn Balor Documentary on BBC iPlayer

3392 Views 6 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  spikingspud
Has anybody seen this documentary following Finn for his final tour in Japan and the UK before joining WWE? There are cameos appearances from NJPW wrestlers, Alex Shelley, Young Bucks, Bullet Club and others.

Follow wrestler Fergal Devitt at home in Ireland and on his final tour of the UK and Japan before he joins the WWE, with footage from the bizarre world of Japanese pro-wrestling.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p03b2qs3/smack-em-up
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Does this documentary show any of his personality?

I only ask because he's a good wrestler and I want to like the guy but his gimmicks right now are literally Wears-a-Leather-Jacket and Paints-Himself-Like-a-Demon.

· Registered
11,171 Posts
Yeah I saw this around the time he first signed to WWE. It first aired on Irish TV (unsurprisingly).

@Mutineer Well, he's not the most charismatic guy ever. He's just naturally a quiet kind of guy. But he's certainly more relatable in this doc than NXT has ever made him seem.

· Premium Member
6,285 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up OP, never knew of this on iPlayer will take a look because Balor is a very underestimated talker who is very intelligent and aware that his Demon gimmick already tells a story without the unnecessary speeches. The Leather jacket gimmick is an odd choice though idky he went with that angle when downplaying his paint unless he's a James Dean fan?

· Premium Member
6,285 Posts
Watched this before Raw last night, definitely a good watch and a great insight into NJPW behind the scenes. Those chops were funny and the lifestyle they have in Japan is a close family feel with hilarious moments.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.