Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The Man
25,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering this afteri saw a finisher by this guy Magnus on TNA called Tormentum that sucked balls lol. And was wondering do you guys thing that the finisher name is as important as the actual finisher. The Stone Cold Stunner is a simple move but the name is just greatness. RKO is simple to and can come out of knowhere but does the name make it seem that much better. I actualy think so. The FU( Attitude Adjustment) and Wasteland are basic moves and sometimes weak looking moves but i think the names for them make them sound more dangerous moreso Wasteland. Im one of the many that like Miz as champ cuz he deserved it but Skull Crashing Finale sounds like an awful name for a main event superstar.

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
The name doesn't really matter. When people made fun of the Attitude Adjustment name it was because it sounded more kiddy to go along with the PG thing and Cenas character. The move itself sucks and has always sucked pretty much. It's a poor mans Death Valley Driver.

Now the Stone Cold Stunner was the best finisher of all time. What other move did you turn on Raw just to see when he'd hit it and the people would either go nuts for it or laugh at how the other guy took it. You were entertained at it every time.

·
BLUE IS BACK
9,773 Posts
the actual stunner wasnt greatness, it was the reaction that followed, and how they built it

build up > impact > name

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
Hiplop™;9104304 said:
the actual stunner wasnt greatness, it was the reaction that followed, and how they built it

build up > impact > name
That is so true. Yeah but the names don't matter since they all have a more technical name anyways. The names are only around for the kids and older people who don't understand that these moves all have actual names already and weren't invented by the WWE and that wrestler who is using it. It gives the name more of a life of it's own, or at least it used to do that at one point. The naming of finishing moves is part of the theatrics of WWE.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts