Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.pwinsider.com/article/62572/last-minute-change-to-tna-bound-for-glory-ppv-and-who-was-responsible.html?p=1

As we discussed on the TNA Bound for Glory Post-Game show last night in the PWInsider Elite section, the original plan for the PPV was for Bobby Roode to defeat Kurt Angle for the TNA championship to close the PPV. The story going around was that yesterday afternoon, Hulk Hogan lobbied to have the finish change, feeling that Roode wasn't ready for a run with the title. So, the finish was changed.

Between that and the AJ Styles stuff in the last few days, there was a lot of resentment towards Hogan among the long time members of the roster. The resentment was especially at a high because Hogan was ripping on Styles on Twitter when everyone knew Styles had missed the TNA Fan Interaction event due to a death in the family.

One running joke I heard after the PPV, which to a person, everyone agreed wasn't a strong show, was whether roster talents could "request a transfer" to Jeff Jarrett's new India project.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Wonder how long before we see Beer Money, AJ Styles, & Samoa Joe sitting front row of a WWE show redoing the Radicalz angle?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
At this point, what with his current story, him being the TP poster and the belt he recently had made, I can't see anyone but Jeff Hardy being the next champion. People just need to accept it now.

I also hope this report isn't true, or a whole lot of guys are about to be buried deep. Hogan can't possibly have so much power, can he?

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
it's kinda funny(in a sad way)

from hogan's own mouth:
-Dixie believes roode is the right guy
-The talent backstage believes roode is the right guy
-EVERYONE believes roode is the right guy

but Hogan doesn't...

Says a lot about TNA when Hogan is the one who has the last word on everything, including what the fans want... so Hogan is trying to tell us who to like huh...

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
fpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalmfpalm Damn ot Hogan, why do you have to ruin everything Roode mind as well go to the WWE or NJPW

·
Registered
743 Posts
TNA originals should just bolt to WWE now. They obviously won't go anywhere in this company. At least they can make more money while jobbing.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I always love how these "the change finished" reports come out after the fact and never before, despite the "insider" already having the info.
God, people don't actually PAY for the rubbish on that site do they?

·
Registered
5,742 Posts
I doubt Hogan has that kind of a power. Sure maybe he made the suggestion but more people have to be involved for a finish to be changed last minute.

·
Comin' at you like a double-fisted kangaroo
21,054 Posts
Wouldn't give this any thought but it's funny how Hogan says Abyss could be TNA's Cena, he gets a massive push. Says RVD would be a great champ, he gets the title. Says Roode isn't ready, doesn't get the title. He may not have the power but somebody might have listened to him. Guess we'll see when they tape today or tomorrow.

·
Registered
62 Posts
It amazes me that more talent in TNA hasn't said "fuck this" and left. Especially some of the TNA originals and the independent darlings because they have to see the writing on the wall. They have to see that no matter how over they get, no matter how good a rating their segments get it won't mean anything because TNA is always gonna place more emphasis and importance on WWE has beens.

Also did Hogan not pay attention during the whole Bound For Glory Series when they were building up Robert Roode and essentially grooming him for a big push? If he thought he wasn't ready why would he allow them to build him up for a good 4 months and give him a spot in the main event of their biggest show of the year?

·
Premium Member
25,943 Posts
Why would they want to put it out beforehand? Plus, we don't know WHEN the finish was changed.

There are plenty of worse dirt sheets out there than PWInsider.
Have you not seen their (and others) exclusive breaking news that always have to do with finishes and spoilers that you have to pay a fee for and come out before the show begins? Most made predictions that he was going to win as did these websites but as history has shown, these websites always put out a "things changed" when their predictions do not come true.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
I didn't need a professional wrestling news site to tell me what I already knew, though it did confirm my suspicions: The finish to the Angle-Roode match was changed late in the week, if not "at the last minute," as was suggested by the report.

Common sense told me TNA was using a 3-month-long tournament to build up a brand new, home-grown babyface to win the title. Common sense told me Roode was getting built up promo after promo so TNA would be fully behind Roode when he won the title.

Unfortunately, someone backstage listened to Hogan, panicked and had the finish to the match changed, with Dixie's consent. I can't imagine Dixie was the one who initiated the change, but she obviously had to OK it for it to go into effect.

This has nothing to do with whether or not I wanted Roode to win. It was just a matter of common sense, based on how TNA was building up Roode and the effort that was going into his push.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
It amazes me that more talent in TNA hasn't said "fuck this" and left.
And whats their alternative? They work like 8 shows a month for TNA and get maybe 750/appearance, thats a lot of money. They cant make that money in the indies or mexico. Japan might be an option, but most of them have a family in the US, will they be willing to move to Japan? So unless WWE is interested in them, they dont have any alternatives to TNA.

1 - 20 of 133 Posts