Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure the best way to go about this, but I would like to take some portrait photos of a local wrestler. I'm an photographer and I was hoping to add some intense photos to my portfolio. Given the photo quality at the independent level, I figure it shouldn't be too hard to find a wrestler eager to get a free shoot. I just don't know the best way to get in touch with someone. I know of two organizations in the area and I was going to contact one of them, but I also know that wrestlers are independent contractors and I've seen a lot names on multiple sites. Is there a resource or website I could contact wrestlers directly or should I just check with the local fed?

·
I wonder what Aeris felt...When she was up on that
31,463 Posts
If an independent wrestler doesn't have a facebook, myspace, twitter, or whatever social networking page, then they are idiots.

Its not hard. Do you know a Boston wrestling promotion? Google their page or look for them on a social networking site. Find their roster, find someone you like or look on their social networking page to see if they are tagged or friends with the promotion. Its fucking easy. Its 2010, my grandma can do this.

Edit: Sorry, but I used to come to this section all the time but haven't in awhile so I'm not up-to-date who the indy trolls are these days, but is Klebold an actual troll or is he just perro-lite.

Edit 2:

Googling 'Boston Independent Wrestler' won't take you to their facebook or Twitter pages.
Omg, it WAS that fucking easy.

1. Google "Boston Independent Wrestler"
2. 2nd page from the top "Independent Wrestler of the Month: Slyck Wagner Brown | Shockblast ...
"

3. Click page
4. Scroll down to where it says "Go to http://www.thisisswb.com/ for more information on Slyck. You can also purchase DVDs and T-Shirts at his offical website."
5. Go to webpage
6. USE YOUR EYES
7. November 26, 2010 LPW - Mattapoisett, MA
November 28, 2010 MWF - Everett, MA
December 4, 2010 BTW - Mattamoras, PA
December 19, 2010 2CW - Syracuse, NY
January 8, 2011 MWF - Melrose, MA
January 21, 2011 ROH - Philadelphia, PA
January 22, 2011 ROH - Philadelphia, PA
February 19, 2011 2CW - Binghampton, NY
March 19, 2011 MWF - Melrose, MA
September 5, 2011 SWB's Birthday!
8. Click one of the social networking links
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Wagner-Brown/533827533
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ThisIsSWB
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/ThisIsSWBTV
9. SEND MESSAGE
10. "Hey, I'd like to interview you for an article. We could do it online, or if you're interested, I'm going to attend (insert date of show from list above that you could attend) and I could interview you for 30 minutes before or after the show."

You're welcome. You're friend, the old school indy troll, Sephiroth. I'm back, bitches.

Edit 3: Or better yet, on the website there is a link to the "Contact" page and it says you can just email the website.

·
Premium Member
1,985 Posts
Edit: Sorry, but I used to come to this section all the time but haven't in awhile so I'm not up-to-date who the indy trolls are these days, but is Klebold an actual troll or is he just perro-lite.
Klebold is pretty much just an idiot.

As far as the topic goes... Sephiroth has it covered. It's really not hard to find an indie wrestler and contact them via the internets.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. Didn't think of searching for their social networks. The couple of names I picked to search on Google before posting here only led me to limited bio pages on random wrestling sites. Thanks for the help.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,974 Posts
FAO Klebold:

I've seen a lot of names on multiple sites.
Contacting wrestlers through facebook, twitter and myspace is pretty much "the done thing" now, so you should have any problems OP.

He's more like Perro Xtreme NRG.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts