Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been arguing on twitter for months - wrestling fans are so fickle - we all loved seth at the start of the year - we have wanted him to be face of the company for years - now after 6 months of bad booking - none of which was his fault - the fans turn on him - yes he sent a few bad tweets - but thats nothing compared to what other wrestlers have done -

its great that the recent heel turn has made people understand that rollins is really great - i mean like really great - in the same league as your austins michaels and rocks - maybe even better than a few of them - if wwe keep booking him right - i really believe the product will improve - hes the man to lead the company and the industry the next few years - who knows - maybe he will bring back a million or so viewers that cena and reigns turned off -

im just so happy the backlash is ending - it wasnt at all fair -

·
HEADBANGA
21,287 Posts
Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. Rollins is excelling now because he doesn't have the burden of being the top face and be giving god awful drivel to leave his mouth on a weekly basis and be booked like a clown. All the fans wanted was to have some competent booking for him and now we're getting it.

·
Registered
665 Posts
He is in his element. He is a natural heel. He was ok as a face in the midcard, but he IS NOT a face of the company babyface. RAW is lacking starpower on the babyface side, so they need to get some people built up quick to face him after Owens (who likewise is not a top of the card babyface).

As for the OP comparing Seth to Michaels, Austin and Rock: HBK failed at carrying the company at the very top and Seth is not in his league in the ring. As for Austin and Rock, until the WWE is drawing houses and ratings like those 2 did at their peak, no one except a Hulk Hogan (like him or not) who laid the foundation down for everyone gets mentioned in the same breath.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Oh wow, that 2nd paragraph. Please. Please.

·
Southern Pride
2,421 Posts
If you're a fan of Rollins don't let anyone try to stop you from what you enjoy.

I do have to disagree with that second paragraph too though. Rollins now is just being more believable in this role. More tolerable. It feels more natural from him than when he was a super smiley babyface, saying "burn it down" just so the crowd would interact with him. He still isn't on the level of a Austin or Rock because they could verbally entertain people and didn't need to put on a 5 star match.

·
Registered
91 Posts
agreed, although I would say he's faaar better than both rock and michaels (who sucked at everything), he's better than any wrestler in history, except maybe sheamus, alberto del rio and mjf

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
People are only getting over it because he's not being portrayed as a shit eating, sanctimonious, pandering goody-two-shoes that we're all supposed to love, despite knowing that IRL, he's really a bit of a twat that keeps forgetting he's supposed to be a nice guy, and letting his inner asshole post on twitter.

The heel turn just makes this scenario a little less irritating to endure.

Sure, he's a good wrestler and he is over enough to stay at the top for now. But I'm under no illusion that he's FOTC material, or that he has already reached the lofty heights of the likes of HBK. HBK was the biggest asshole of them all for years. He had to do a lot of apologizing and atoning to shake that image - and that was before the days of social media. Seth has a lot of good will to win back before the real backlash ends.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
He is in his element. He is a natural heel. He was ok as a face in the midcard, but he IS NOT a face of the company babyface. RAW is lacking starpower on the babyface side, so they need to get some people built up quick to face him after Owens (who likewise is not a top of the card babyface).

As for the OP comparing Seth to Michaels, Austin and Rock: HBK failed at carrying the company at the very top and Seth is not in his league in the ring. As for Austin and Rock, until the WWE is drawing houses and ratings like those 2 did at their peak, no one except a Hulk Hogan (like him or not) who laid the foundation down for everyone gets mentioned in the same breath.
it was all luck with austin and rock - they had good booking - and everything was different back then - rollins has to cope with bad booking and storylines - rollins is a better in ring performer than both - and appeals more to the smarter wrestling fan - for him to draw 2 million viewers in this day and age is amazing - hes carried the company this year -

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. Rollins is excelling now because he doesn't have the burden of being the top face and be giving god awful drivel to leave his mouth on a weekly basis and be booked like a clown. All the fans wanted was to have some competent booking for him and now we're getting it.
yeah no one can overcome bad booking - even someone as talented as rollins - the backlash came because people couldnt understand this - and a few bad tweets -

·
Registered
4,402 Posts
ive been arguing on twitter for months - wrestling fans are so fickle - we all loved seth at the start of the year - we have wanted him to be face of the company for years - now after 6 months of bad booking - none of which was his fault - the fans turn on him - yes he sent a few bad tweets - but thats nothing compared to what other wrestlers have done -

its great that the recent heel turn has made people understand that rollins is really great - i mean like really great - in the same league as your austins michaels and rocks - maybe even better than a few of them - if wwe keep booking him right - i really believe the product will improve - hes the man to lead the company and the industry the next few years - who knows - maybe he will bring back a million or so viewers that cena and reigns turned off -

im just so happy the backlash is ending - it wasnt at all fair -
No we didn´t.

·
Registered
16,314 Posts
Rollins isn't great, he's good sure,but he's a good heel because he's a natural cry baby. My views on Rollins haven't changed, heel or face, but at least now I can dislike him for being hismelf instead of being someone he wasnt :p

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Of course. In a few weeks/months once he’s a full blown heel, he’ll start getting strong reactions again.

Just like once The Fiend squashes Bryan again, you’re going to begin hearing a spattering of boos.

People tired of AJ’s last World Title reign. And most people forget, Bryan wasn’t getting huge reactions before his last heel turn, as he had grown stale.

It’s just what wrestling fans do.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
In the same league as Austin and Rock.. you lost me there ? I don't think he comes even close to any random parameter you can pick in which he is better than Austin and Rock!!!
Now lets see:
In ring: Austin definitely better
Promos: No contest here
Heel Austin, Heel Rock: Both much more entertaining than Seth
Face: No contest again
FOTC: No contest again as they had ratings and better ticket sales during their peaks, Infact Seth must be thanking his lucky stars he is getting paid this high for sucking thanks to Austin and Rock making wrestling popular in general.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I miss the whiney, petulant, arrogant, adorable Stephanie and HHH's overprotected coddled and spoilt child, babyboy Seth Rollins. Bring me my Authority Seth Rollins back.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts